ICND1/CCENT 100-105 Exam Details & Exam Topics to Become a Certified Specialist
All You Need to Know about Cisco 100-105 Exam to Become a Certified Specialist
Cisco 100-105, also known as 100-105 ICND1, or Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1, is an exam that helps in testing the skills and knowledge of the candidates regarding LAN switching technologies, network fundamentals, infrastructure services, maintenance of infrastructure, and routing technologies. The certification test can be given through two different ways, which include the online and download versions. In both versions, Cisco 100-105 adds good value to your professional career.
To begin with the exam, one needs to have the relevant skills like configuration, installing, and operating simple LAN and WAN routed networks along with networks switched with LAN. The thence opens the gate to a networking career. It is divided into 3 different levels, which need to be completed for obtaining the Cisco certificate.
Some basic information about the exam:
- The exam comes with a total number of 45-55 questions.
- The format of the test includes multiple-choice questions with multiple and single answers.
- The candidates are given 90 minutes to answer all questions.
- The test can be given in two languages, which are Japanese and English.
- To clear the exam, the students have to score a minimum of 75%.
The exam includes topics as follows:
- Network Fundamentals
- LAN Switching Fundamentals
- Routing Fundamentals
- Infrastructure Services
- Infrastructure Maintenance
The exam helps in measuring the following skills:
- Describing data network operations and functioning of network devices
- Implementation of the network that is small stitched
- Explanation of Cisco switches operation
- Configuration of IP address schemes and services of IP for offices of small branches
- Connecting, verifying, and configuring an operational status that requires interface of the network device
- Explaining and selecting accurate administrative tasks that are necessary for WLAN
- Identification of security threats regarding network
- Description of mitigation methods for general threat
- Implementation and verification of WAN Links
- Describing various methods for WAN Connection
Associated certifications with the exam:
- The 100-105 test is associated with the following Cisco credentials:
- CCNA R&S
- CCNA Security
- CCNA Wireless
Hence, in this way, you can clear the professional certificate and achieve a new level in your career in the field of IT.
Some of the training courses recommended for the exam include:
- Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1
- Cisco Learning Labs for ICND1
- CCNA Routing and Switching Training Videos
- PrepAway Cisco CCENT Practice Test Questions Part 2 100-105 Exam
- Cisco Certification Practice Exam by MeasureUp
Tips to clear the Cisco 100-105 exam with ease:
No doubt, passing this certification exam is a little bit difficult, still working on some particular concepts, you can clear it the very first try.
1. Check out the major domains and topics you need to cover
Every chapter of the exam comes with a particular level of importance. The main three sections that need special attention include the basic principles of LAN switching, infrastructure maintenance, and network fundamentals. These are the three areas for the main focus and preparing for possible tricky questions is the best way to clear the 100-105 test. Be familiar with binary subnets and arithmetic consumption points. Again, don’t forget to focus on your weak points. Consider the ICND2 protocols, which are a part of the exam along with RIPv2, which is among the dynamic routing protocols that you will need to learn. Along with this, other protocols that need to be focused on include EIGRP, IS-IS, RIPv2, OSPF, etc for more details visit www.examsnap.com.
2. Look for the best resources
There are various resources available in the market for clearing the exam. And selecting the best preparation option is what you need to do. Look for the ones that come with practice test papers. There are popular books, modules, videos, and much more to prepare for the 100-105 test. Also, check out the latest and updated exam question for your preparation process. While looking for the best resource, consider the various test papers available that will help you during your preparation
3. Make notes
You do not need to remember every concept before the exam day. But it is a good idea to make a habit of making important notes while preparing for your certification test. Write important formulas, lines, points, etc. on the notes that will help you in the last moment learning before entering the exam hall. Re-reading your notes will also be helpful for quickly memorizing of the concepts if they contained this note on your desk for daily review.
4. Read every question
Some websites or test papers may emphasis on particular questions that can lead you to a misconception that they would be asked in the actual exam. Make sure you don’t come to any such misconceptions. Prepare each and every question very well. Try not to skip them, as you cannot assume which one will appear in the real test.
5. Don’t be late at the test center
Definitely, the latecomers are at no benefit at the center. The last moment entry is surely going to cost you some loss. Instead, arrive at the exam center early, and if possible around an hour before. Check your seat and make sure everything meets the requirements of the exam. When you are satisfied, step out and go for the last moment preparations and review your notes. Discuss tough moments with your friends there for a quick and clear revision.
The Cisco 100-105 exam provides an individual with a clear understanding of the network fundamentals. Clearing this certification test will help you with a detailed insight of network functions, interactions, firewalls, access points, wireless controls, and more.
- The CCNA R&S certification offers the following job titles:
- Network Administrator
- Network Engineer
- Cisco Network Engineer
- Network Support Specialist
- Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician
- Cisco Certified Design Expert
This Cisco credentials will provide the holder with an annual salary ranging from around $85,598 to $123,444 approximately.
Be on the know,
be a winner.
Top MNC Registrations
Latest Bank Jobs
Quote of the day!
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Wishing is not enough; we must do.