Punjab Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for SC and OBC: Punjab State welfare Department invites applications for free education to students belonging to SC/ST/BC/OBC category. The Punjab Post Matric Scholarship scheme offers Scholarships for the students to pursue Professional and Non-Professional courses after Matriculation. The scheme is for the automation, streamlining & effective management of processes related to application receipt, processing, sanction and disbursal of Post-Matric Scholarships to Students. This initiative is aimed to facilitate faster and efficient disposal of scholarship applications and timely payment of the scholarships to the students, directly in their bank accounts. Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme has been solely put forth to offer financial support to the economically weaker students from the SC & OBC.
Objectives of Punjab Post Matric Scholarship Scheme
The objective of Post Matric Scholarship Scheme is to provide financial assistance to SC students studying at Post Matriculation or Post Secondary stage to enable them to complete the education. In this scheme, all the students who are pursuing their studies through regular courses and correspondence courses are eligible for this scheme. The term correspondence includes distant and continuing education.
Eligibility Criteria for SC & OBC PMS Students
In case of SC students:
In this scheme, the scholarship will be paid to the SC students whose parents/guardians family income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2,50,000/-(Rupees two lakh, fifty thousand only) per annum. As per the Punjab Government policy it was notified that the tuition fee and examination fee charges may be paid by the student at the time of admission & this amount will be directly transferred in the student saving bank account or this amount may be claimed by the University from the Welfare Department Punjab, if the fee is not paid by the student. The adhaar card of student must be linked with the saving bank account which the student has used for Post Matric Scholarship of Punjab.
In case of OBC students:
The tuition fee, examination fee etc. will be paid by the students as per the due dates of the University and the scholarship amount will be directly transferred in the student saving bank account by the Welfare Department Punjab. In case of OBC students, the parents/guardians family income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 1,00,000/-(Rupees one lakh) per annum & must have obtained 60% marks in the qualifying examination on the basis of which the student is seeking admission in the University.
Main features of Punjab Post Matric Scholarship Scheme
- Ashirwad scholarship is the Web Based Application portal for Post-Matric Scholarships and is having the following important features
- Students can submit their application online, from anywhere anytime
- Students can view the status of their own application
- Students can apply a fresh with same credential (Student ID/Password) in a new course in a new college
- Provision of Bar-coding to filter out the fake applications.
- Provision of SMS and e-mail alerts to the Stake Holders such as Institution and Students at various stage of processing
- Renewal of the application by the institutes only – by importing the application from previous year
- Auto & bulk processing of Scholarship application by the Institute
- Easy Scholarship sanctioning process for Sanctioning Authority
- Auto disbursal of Scholarship to Student’s Bank Account
- Easy monitoring of Scholarship by the Department and State Authority.
Documents Required for Punjab Post Matric Scholarship Scheme
Students who are going to apply for Punjab Post Matric Scholarship Scheme need to submit the following documents along with the application.
- Domicile/Residential certificate, duly signed by Tehsildar or Executive Magistrate, in the name of the candidate.
- Unique Identification “Aadhar Card” issued by Government of India.
- An Income certificate of Father or Guardians which shows the income from all the sources is less than 2.50lac and is duly signed by Tehsildar or Executive Magistrate.
- All Academic certificates/DMCs -Class X onwards.