The Himachal Pradesh state government led by the Hon’ble Chief Minister Mr. Virbhadra Singh has launched the Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme (SCHIS) for the senior citizens during the first week of October month in 2017. The main objective of this insurance scheme is to provide easy access to various health services by providing an insurance cover to all senior citizen (above the age of 60 years). This scheme will cover all senior citizens who are the smart card holders of Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojna (RSBY).
Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme
According to the Senior Citizen Health Insurance scheme, senior citizens will get medical coverage from the government for meeting medical help. Under Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme (SCHIS), the government will provide top-up coverage of up to Rs. 30,000 per senior citizen in the state. Moreover, if there are more than 1 senior citizen in an RSBY rolled family, the additional insurance coverage in multiples of Rs. 30,000 per senior citizen will be provided on floater basis. To provide free medical treatment to the senior citizens in Himachal Pradesh state, the government is setting a plan to launch new scheme recently.
SCHIS Scheme Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant has to be enrolled with Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana.
- To avail the benefits of the scheme one have to be a senior citizen.
- The age of the candidate has to be more than 60 years.
- If a person who is going to be 60 or near to that age will not be eligible.
- The applicant has to carry an RSBY Health Card issued in the name of the beneficiary.
- Those who are above 60 years but yet not enrolled with RSBY can enroll before enjoying the benefit of the scheme.
- It is one of the mandatory rules of the scheme.
- If there are two beneficiaries in a single family, both of them have to carry health cards.
- This health card will be used in Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme for the verification purpose.
- There is no other eligibility criteria are mentioned in the scheme.
- Most of the criteria are similar to the RSBY scheme.
- Those who are already enjoying the RSBY will automatically get listed under this scheme.
Key Features Of SCHIS Scheme
- According to the guidelines of the scheme if a family has 2 seniors who are already enrolled under the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana will be able to receive coverage of Rs. 60, 000/- per year.
- There are so many packages are available in this scheme.
- The scheme offers up to Rs. 30, 000/- top-up coverage to the senior citizens in the state.
- The scheme will be implemented on floater basis.
- Along with this additional coverage normal Rs. 30, 000/- coverage in trust is also available under this scheme.
- For each senior citizen, the unspent money will be added/credited to the beneficiary’s bank account after completion of the financial year.
- The beneficiary has to have a valid and proper bank account.
- Apart from the special surgery packages, there are also tertiary packages available under the scheme. These tertiary packages consist of special treatments. The central government of India has added these packages under this scheme.
- People who are enrolled under the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana or will be enrolled under this yojana will get the benefit of the scheme.
- There are some special treatment packages which will be available apart from RSBY facilities.
- Surgical packages are one of the many packages that are available that costs more than the proposed coverage.
- These packages can be received by the eligible beneficiaries if needed.
- The family of the senior people can also enroll under the RSBY but they will not get any benefit from the Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme.
- Already enrolled under RSBY, senior citizens must have Health Smart Cards.
- All the hospitals that are listed under the scheme will need to install all the mandatory equipments, machinery and facilities for the senior citizens so that they don’t need to run from one hospital to another for any speciality treatment.
- Apart from Surgical packages and the top-up coverage, there is also a special package under which Rs. 1.75 Lac will be compensated.
- For the cancer patients the amount will be up to Rs. 2.25 Lac.
SCHIS Scheme Rules And Conditions
- Apart from the senior citizens other people in the same family can enroll to RSBY as well.
- However, they will not get the benefit of the SCHI scheme.
- This is an annual charge must be paid to enjoy the benefit of the scheme.
- This Rs. 500/- will be divided into two parts on 9:1 ratio.
- Beneficiaries will have to bear a minimum cost of Rs. 500/- as an add-on premium.
- While 90% will be shared by central government, 10% will go to state government.
- Insurance companies and trust models in the state will be financing the project via bank pool accounts.
Surgical Packages List
The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare department has prepared a separate list for the surgical packages that cost more than Rs 30,000. Below we are providing the list of those packages.
|Poly-Trauma and Repair|
Currently, most of the formalities for the Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme is completed by the Himachal Pradesh Government. In this article, we have discussed a lot of information related to Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme in Himachal Pradesh. All the information is furnished in this article in a detailed manner about Eligibility Rules, Key Features and some Conditions. We hope the information was useful for the visitors. For more latest information related to Government Schemes and Jobs keep on visiting us at www.allindiajobs.in.