Google Interview Questions For Freshers And Experienced [Technical, HR]
Google Interview Questions
Also Check: Google Recruitment
Google Interview Rounds
- Online Test
- Technical Interview
- HR Round
- Personal Interview
Google Technical Interview Questions for Fresher’s
HTML Interview Questions
- What is HTML?
- What are tags?
- Do all HTML tags come in a pair?
- What are some of the common lists that can be used when designing a page?
- What is the difference between HTML elements and tags?
- What is head in HTML document?
- What is “Semantic HTML?”
- What does DOCTYPE mean?
- What’s the difference between standards mode and quirks mode?
- Do all character entities display properly on all systems?
- What is an image map?
- What is the advantage of collapsing white space?
- Can attribute values be set to anything or are there specific values that they accept?
- How do you insert a copyright symbol on a browser page?
- How do you create links to sections within the same page?
- Is there any way to keep list elements straight in an HTML file?
- If you see a web address on a magazine, to which web page does it point?
- What is the use of using alternative text in image mapping?
- Do older HTML files work on newer browsers?
- Does a hyperlink apply to text only?
- How do you change the number type in the middle of a list?
- What are style sheets?
- What bullet types are available?
- How do you create Multi-colored text on a web page?
- Why are there both numerical and named character entity values?
- What is the advantage of grouping several check boxes together?
- What are the limitations when serving XHTML pages?
- How many HTML tags are should be used for the most simple of web pages?
- How do you make comments without text being picked up by the browser?
C Language Interview Questions
- What is C language?
- Who developed C language?
- Describe history of C programming language
- Where is C programming language used or uses of C language?
- What is the difference between C and C++?
- What is the difference between top down approach and bottom up approach in programming languages?
- What is the difference between C and Java?
- C language has been developed in which language?
- Which year C language is developed?
- What is meant by programming language and give some examples?
- Describe C standards?
- What are the key features or characteristics of C language?
- What is embedded C?
- Which level is C language belonging to?
- What do you mean by high level, middle level, and low-level languages and give an example for each?
- What is the difference between structured oriented, object oriented and non-structure oriented programming language?
- What is compiler?
- What is the difference between assembler, compiler, and interpreter?
- What is printf()?
- What is scanf()?
- What is meant by protocol?
- Execution of a C program starts from which function?
- What are all the sections that a C program may/must have?
- What is IDE?
- List out some of C compilers
- What is header file in C language?
- Is C language case sensitive?
- What is Macro? Why do we use a macro?
- What is data type in C?
- What is the difference between int, char, float & double data types?
Google HR Interview Questions for Fresher’s
- Describe a situation when you did much more than it was expected from you to get the project done. Were your efforts recognized? By whom and how? How did that make you feel?
- Tell me about a time when you took ownership of a project. Why did you do this? What was the result of you taking the challenge? What could have happened if you did not take ownership?
- Think about an instance in which you came up with a project idea which was implemented primarily because of your efforts. What was it about? What was its outcome? What was your role?
- Describe a time when you made a suggestion to improve something on the project that you were working on.
- Give me an example of the project or initiative that you started on your own. It can be a nonbusiness one. What prompted you to get started?
- Describe a situation in which you met a major obstacle in order to complete a project. How did you deal with it? What steps did you take?
- Tell me about a time you had to work on several projects at once. How did you handle this?
- Describe a situation in which you have experienced significant project change that you weren’t expecting. What was it? How did that impact you, and how did you adapt to this change? How did you remain productive through the project?
- Describe a situation in which you had to adjust to changes over which you had no control. How did you do this?
- Give an example of an important project goal you reached and how you achieved it.
- Think about an instance in which you worked on and achieved multiple project goals.
- Describe a circumstance when you were not able to achieve a project goal that was set by your supervisor. How did you handle this situation? What was the outcome?
- Think about an instance in which you had to depend on others to help you achieve a project goal. How did you feel?
Google Technical Interview Questions for Experienced
Network Engineer Interview Questions
- What is a private IP address?
- What is NOS?
- What is DoS?
- What is OSI and what role does it play in computer networks?
- What is the purpose of cables being shielded and having twisted pairs?
- What is the advantage of address sharing?
- What are MAC addresses?
- What is the equivalent layer or layers of the TCP/IP Application layer in terms of OSI reference model?
- How can you identify the IP class of a given IP address?
- What is the main purpose of OSPF?
- What are firewalls?
- Describe star topology
- What are gateways?
- What is the disadvantage of a star topology?
- What is SLIP?
- Give some examples of private network addresses?
- What is tracer?
- What are the functions of a network administrator?
- Describe at one disadvantage of a peer to peer network
- What is Hybrid Network?
- What happens when you use cables longer than the prescribed length?
- What common software problems can lead to network defects?
- What is ICMP?
- What is Ping?
- What is peer to peer?
- What is DNS?
- What advantages does fiber optics have over other media?
- What is the difference between a hub and a switch?
- Describe Ethernet
- What are some drawbacks of implementing a ring topology?
- What is the difference between CSMA/CD and CSMA/CA?
- What is SMTP?
- What is multicast routing?
- What is the importance of Encryption on a network?
- How are IP addresses arranged and displayed?
- Explain the importance of authentication.
- What do mean by tunnel mode?
- What are the different technologies involved in establishing WAN links?
Data Scientist Interview Questions
- How would you create a taxonomy to identify key customer trends in unstructured data?
- What is the difference between Cluster and Systematic Sampling?
- Python or R – Which one would you prefer for text analytics?
- Are expected value and mean value different?
- Which technique is used to predict categorical responses?
- What does P-value signify about the statistical data?
- What is logistic regression? Or State an example when you have used logistic regression recently.
- Do gradient descent methods always converge to the same point?
- What are Recommender Systems?
- Why data cleaning plays a vital role in the analysis?
- What are categorical variables?
- Differentiate between univariate, bivariate and multivariate analysis.
- What do you understand by the term Normal Distribution?
- How you can make data normal using Box-Cox transformation?
- What is Linear Regression?
- What is Machine Learning?
- What is the curse of dimensionality?
- Explain the use of Combinatorics in data science.
- What are Interpolation and Extrapolation?
- What is the goal of A/B Testing?
- Which data scientists do you admire most? which start-ups?
- What is K-means? How can you select K for K-means?
- How can outlier values be treated?
- What is power analysis?
- How can you assess a good logistic model?
- What are various steps involved in an analytics project?
- During analysis, how do you treat missing values?
- Explain about the Box Cox transformation in regression models.
- Can you use machine learning for time series analysis?
- What is multicollinearity and how you can overcome it?
- How do you decide whether your linear regression model fits the data?
- What is the difference between squared error and absolute error?
- How can you overcome Overfitting?
- Differentiate between wide and tall data formats?
- Is Naïve Bayes bad? If yes, under what aspects.
- How would you develop a model to identify plagiarism?
- Is it better to have too many false negatives or too many false positives?
- What is the difference between skewed and uniform distribution?
Software Engineer Interview Questions
- Can you explain what test-driven development is?
- In which cases do you use an abstract class and when do you use an interface?
- When do you use polymorphism and when do you use delegates?
- Can you name the differences between object-oriented and component-based design?
- Write a program to find the depth of binary search tree without using recursion.
- Find the maximum rectangle (in terms of area) under a histogram in linear time.
- Describe recursive merge sort and its runtime. Write an iterative version in C++/Java/Python.
- How would you determine if someone has won a game of tic-tac-toe on a board of any size?
- Describe the process of writing a piece of code from requirements to delivery.
- How do you prioritize program requirements? Mention any different techniques you know.
- Which are your favorite programming languages?
- How do you ensure your code can handle different kinds of error situations?
- Can you name some limitations of a web environment vs. a Windows environment?
- How do you ensure your program runs smoothly and fast?
- Which tools have you used for testing your code quality?
- How can you debug a program while it’s being used?
- How are cookies passed in the HTTP protocol?
- Design the SQL database tables for a car rental database.
- Write a regular expression which matches an email address.
- Efficiently implement 3 stacks in a single array.
- How can you ensure changes in code will not affect any other parts of the product?
- Are you familiar with design patterns? What design software have you used and in what situations?
- Where do you put most of your focus when reviewing somebody else’s code?
- Why are manhole covers round?
- What is the difference between a mutex and a semaphore? Which one would you use to protect access to an increment operation?
- A man pushed his car to a hotel and lost his fortune. What happened?
- Explain the significance of “dead beef”.
- Write a C program which measures the speed of a context switch on a UNIX/Linux system.
- Describe the algorithm for a depth-first graph traversal.
- Design a class library for writing card games.
- You need to check that your friend, Bob, has your correct phone number, but you cannot ask him directly. You must write a question on a card which and give it to Eve who will take the card to Bob and return the answer to you. What must you write on the card,
- besides the question, to ensure Bob can encode the message so that Eve cannot read your phone number?
- Given an array of integers which is circularly sorted, how do you find a given integer?
Google HR Interview Questions for Experienced
- Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult person to accomplish a goal. What was the biggest challenge? How did you handle it?
- Has there been a time on a project when you disagreed with someone? What did you do about it?
- Tell me about when you had to deal with conflict within your team. How was the conflict solved? How did you handle that? How would you deal with it now?
- Think about an instance in which you made a decision at work that was unpopular. How did you handle it?
- Give me an example of a project that completely failed. Why do you think it was a failure? Could there be anything done differently in order to turn it into success?
- Describe a situation in which you worked diligently on a project and it did not produce the desired results. Why didn’t you get the desired results? What did you learn from the experience?
- Think about a situation when you made a poor decision or did something that just didn’t turn out right. What happened?
- What is the biggest problem you have faced on projects so far and how did you solve it? What made the problem difficult to resolve?
- What was the result? Would you do anything differently now?
- Give me an example of a time when you noticed a small problem before it turned into a major one. Did you take the initiative to correct it? What kind of preventive measure did you undertake?
- Tell me about a situation when you made a mistake at work. What happened exactly and how did you deal with it? What steps did you take to improve the situation?
- Give me a recent example of a stressful situation on the job. What happened? How did you handle it?
Be on the know,
be a winner.
Top MNC Registrations
Latest Bank Jobs
Quote of the day!
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Wishing is not enough; we must do.