SWAYAM (Swayam.gov.in) is a program initiated by Government of India and designed to achieve the three cardinal principles of Education Policy, equity and quality. Interested students can apply for Free Online Education by filling the application form on or before the end date through the official website of SWAYAM i.e. https://www.sarkariyojanalist.com. The SWAYAM platform has been developed by MHRD and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) with the help of Microsoft to provide hosting of about 2000 courses and 80000 hours of learning in different streams including engineering, law, post-graduate and undergraduate courses and some other professional courses. The main objective of this effort is to give the best teaching and learning resources to all.
SWAYAM (Swayam.gov.in) Free Online Courses
Swayam portal provides free online courses and 32 Swayam DTH Channels across the country. This portal has been launched to cover all students who are untouched from education. The government efforts are all set to spread and improve the quality of education across the country. Through the Swayam portal, teachers also can register themselves to improve or gain knowledge regarding any particular subject. The courses hosted on SWAYAM will be in 4 quadrants. They are
- Video lecture.
- Specially prepared reading material that can be downloaded/printed.
- Self-assessment tests through tests and quizzes.
- An online discussion forum for clearing the doubts.
With the help of SWAYAM Free Online Courses, students and teachers can learn courses and receive a certificate that is valid in any institution for a job purpose. The SWAYAM portal provides best quality content for students from schooling to till post-graduation. The courses on SWAYAM are produced and delivered by NPTEL for engineering, CEC for undergraduate education, UGC for post-graduation education, IGNOU for out of the school students, NCERT & NIOS for school education, and IIMB for management studies.
List of Swayam Courses – Swayam.gov.in
The complete list of Swayam Courses in 5 different categories can be accessed on the official website of Swayam are provided below.
|Category / Learning Path||No. of Courses||List of Specializations|
|School||46||Arts and Recreation, Education, Humanities, Language, Management, Mathematics, Science|
|Certificate||15||Arts and Recreation, General, Language, Library, Management, Science|
|Diploma||29||Arts and Recreation, Education, Engineering, Humanities, Science|
|Undergraduate||386||Arts and Recreation, Education, Engineering, General, Humanities, Language, Library, Management, Mathematics, Science|
|Post Graduate||279||Arts and Recreation, Commerce, Education, Engineering, Language, Library, Management, Mathematics, Science, Humanities, General|
Major Features Of SWAYAM Online Education Platform
- There are two types of courses offered through SWAYAM – Credit and Non-Credit.
- Credit course is a course for at least one semester as part of a subject.
- Non-credit courses include courses such as awareness program and specific skill-set training, which are not part of any set curriculum.
- These two courses can be of shorter duration, usually ranging from two to four months.
- Online education courses offered through the portal of SWAYAM (swayam.gov.in) can be accessed by anyone, anywhere, anytime.
- Courses offered via SWAYAM are free of cost for residents of India.
- To obtain a certificate for a particular course students need to pay a nominal fee.
- Courses hosted on SWAYAM are available for students in four components: video lectures, downloadable/ printable reading material, self-assessment tests through quizzes and tests, and an online discussion forum for clearing doubts.
- Certification: Students who had the wish to obtain certificates for their courses need to get themselves registered on SWAYAM portal.
- Also, certificates are awarded to students only after successful completion of the course.
- At the end of each course, students will be assessed through a proctored exam.
- Marks/ grades secured by the students in the examination can be transferred to their academic records.
- To implement the same, UGC has issued UGC (Credit Framework for online learning courses through SWAYAM) Regulation 2016 recommending universities to identify courses in which credits can be transferred to students’ academic records.
SWAYAM Portal Login & Registration Process
- Visit the official website of SWAYAM Portal – https://swayam.gov.in.
- You can get the home page of SWAYAM Portal.
- On the home page click on “REGISTER” button which is placed on the top right corner.
- A new page will open on the screen.
- Click the Signup link below the login form.
- Fill particular details in the form and submit the form by clicking on “CREATE” button at the bottom.
- Your registration on Swayam portal is complete and you can now log in and start learning.
Swayam Faculty and Institutions Lists
- In SWAYAM more than 600 faculty members and 800 universities/education institutions are combined in this program to provide free online courses across different categories/specializations.
We hope all the information provided in this article is helpful for the candidates applying for SWAYAM Scheme. For more further clarifications visit the official site. In this article, we have discussed some of the Major Features, List of Courses and Registration Process. For all the latest articles and related to the government schemes information will update in our site www.allindiajobs.in.