The applicants who had clear the Prelims Exam with qualified marks they are now in search of CGPSC State Service Commission Mains Syllabus 2017. In this post, we had provided the Chhattisgarh PSC SSC Syllabus along with Exam pattern. Candidates need to do the hard work for the Mains Exam when compared to the Prelims Exam. Because the Mains Exam contains seven papers and these seven papers consist huge amount of Syllabus. In the below sections we had provided the complete details about the Mains Syllabus without any confusion. So the contenders can read this article completely and get the more information about the Syllabus.
CGPSC State Service Commission Mains Syllabus 2017 Details
|Name Of The Organization||Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission|
|Name Of The Posts||Deputy District Magistrate, Deputy Superintendent of Police, Accounts Officer, District Registrar, Assistant Director/ Food Officer, Assistant Director, District Excise Officer, Assistant Director (Social Welfare Department), Assistant Project Officer, Finance & Planning Department, Child Development Project Officer, Assistant Superintendent (Land Record’s), Nayab Tehsildar, Excise Sub Inspector, Commercial Tax Inspector, Sub Registrar, Co-operative Inspector/ Co-operative Extension Officer, Assistant Jail Superintendent Vacancies (State Service Examination)|
|Number Of Vacancies||299|
|Date Of Written Test||Upcoming Months|
|Application Starting Date||9th December 2017|
|Application Closing Date||7th January 2018|
|You can also check|
|CGPSC State Service Commission Mains Previous Papers|
|CGPSC Recruitment 2017|
|Chhattisgarh Government Jobs|
The Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission authorities will conduct the Mains Exam in upcoming months. So applicants need to get the CGPSC State Service Commission Mains Syllabus 2017 from this article. Aspirants also know information about the Chhattisgarh PSC SSC Exam Patter along with CGPSC Syllabus 2017. Contenders can start your preparation for the Mains Exam without any delay because there is a tough competition for the CGPSC State Service Commission Exams for various vacancies in different departments. We had provided the subject wise Syllabus in an understandable manner. In every subject, we had clearly explained the subject, topics, and sub-topics for the sake of aspirants. So the candidates don’t waste your valuable time for searching. Use this information and start your preparation for the Mains Examination. If applicants can check the Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission official website @ psc.cg.gov.in for more updates.
CGPSC State Service Examination (SSE) Exam Pattern 2017-2018
|Type of Exam||Papers||Subject Name||Total Marks||Time Duration|
|Conventional Type Exam||Paper I||Language(General English, General Hindi, General Sanskrit, Chhattisgarhi Language)||200 Marks||3Hrs|
|Paper II||Essay(Candidates should write two Essays one from each section compulsorily)||200 Marks||3Hrs|
|Paper III||History, Constitution and Public Administration||200 Marks||3Hrs|
|Paper IV||Science, Technology, and Environment||200 Marks||3Hrs|
|Paper V||Economics & Geography||200 Marks||3Hrs|
|Paper VI||Mathametics & Logical Ability||200 Marks||3Hrs|
|Paper VII||Philosophy & Sociology||200 Marks||3Hrs|
|Interview / Personality Test||150 Marks|
|Grand Total||1550 Marks|
The written exam is a Conventional Type Exam. There will be Seven Papers. Paper I is the Language means Hindi, English, Sanskrit, and Chhattisgarhi and Paper II is the Eassy means Candidates should write two Essays one from each section compulsorily. Each paper for 200 Marks and the time limit is 3hrs. There will be Interview / Personality Test of 150 Marks.
Paper III to Paper VII will consist the questions as given below:
- Section 01: In this section, there will be 20 compulsory questions of 02 marks each.Thus the maximum marks in this section will be 40. (word limit – about 30)
- Section 02: In this section, there will be 10 compulsory questions of 04 marks each.Thus the maximum marks in this section will be 40. (word limit – about 60)
- Section 03: In this section, there will be 05 compulsory questions of 08 marks each.Thus the maximum marks in this section will be 40. (word limit – about 100)
- Section 04: In this section total 03 questions will be given out of which 02 questions will have to be solved. Each question will carry 20 marks. Thus the maximum marks in this section will be 40. (word limit – about 250)
- Section 05: In this section total 02 questions will be given out of which 01 questions will have to be solved. This question will carry 40 marks. Thus the maximum marks in this section will be 40. (word limit – about 250)
CGPSC State Service Commission Mains Selection Process
The candidates who had clear the Prelims Exam with qualifying marks they will promote to the Mains Exam. Applicants who have clear the Mains Exam they will get a call for the Interview / Personality Test. Interview / Personality Test will be conducted by the Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission officers. Finally, the result will be announced by the Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission authorities.
CGPSC State Service Commission Mains Syllabus 2017-2018
Applicants can grab the below CGPSC State Service Commission Mains Syllabus 2017 and start your preparation for the Mains Exam. So contenders can need to do hard work for the Mains Exam now onwards.
CGPSC State Service Commission Mains Syllabus 2017-2018 For Paper I Language
- General English: Comprehension, Precis Writing, Rearrangement and Correction of Sentences, Synonyms, Antonyms, Filling the Blanks, Correction of Spellings, Vocabulary and usage, Idioms and Phrases, Tenses, Prepositions, Active Voice and Passive voice, Parts of Speech, Translation- English to Hindi, Letter writing.
- General Hindi
- General Sanskrit
- Chhattisgarhi Language
CGPSC State Service Commission Mains Paper II Essay Syllabus 2017-2018
- Section I: Problems of National level
- Section II: Problems relating to the State of Chhattisgarh
CGPSC State Service Commission Mains Syllabus 2017-2018 For Paper III History, Constitution and Public Administration
- History of India: Indus Civilization, Vedic Civilization, Jainism and Buddhism, Rise of Magadh Empire, Mauryan Polity and Economy, Gupta Empire, Development of Art, Architecture, Literature & Science In Gupta Vakataka Period. Bhakti Movement, Sufism, Growth of Literature in regional Languages, Vijaya Nagar Kingdom, Rise of Marathas, Advent of Europeans and factors leading to the British Supremacy, Expansion of British Empire- Wars and diplomacy, Rural Economy-Agriculture,Land Revenue Systems – Permanent Settlement, Ryotwari, Mahalwari, Decline of handicrafts, Relation of East India Company with States, Changes in Administrative Structure, Urban Economy after 1858, Development of Railways, Industrialization, Constitutional Development.
- Indian National Movement: Rise of Nationalism, The Revolt of 1857, Establishment of Indian National Congress, Partition of Bengal and Swadeshi Movement, Rise and Growth of Communalism, Revolutionary Movements, Home Rule Movement, Gandhian Movements, Workers, Peasant and Tribal Movements, Quit India Movement, Indian National Army, Independence and Partition of India, Merger of States, Socio-Religious Reform Movements – Brahmo Samaj, Arya Samaj, Prarthana Samaj, Ram Krishna Mission.
- History of Chhattisgarh And Contribution of Chhattisgarh In National Movement: History of Chhattisgarh from Vedic age to Gupta Period, Major dynasties like Rajarshitulya Kula, Nala, Sharabhpuriyas, Pandu, Somvanshis etc. The Kalchuris and their Administration, Chhattisgarh under the Marathas, Former princely states of Chhattisgarh and Zamindaris, British Rule in Chhattisgarh, Feudatory States, Revolt of 1857, Freedom Movement in Chhattisgarh, Workers, Peasant and Tribal Movements, Constitution of Chhattisgarh State.
- Constitution of India: Historical background of Indian Constitution ( 1773-1950), Salient Features of Constitution, Preamble, Nature of Constitution, Part III Fundamental Rights, Part IV- Directive Principles of State Policy, Right to Constitutional Remedies,( writs), Fundamental Duties, Judicial Review and Judicial Activism, The Union- Executive, Parliament, Supreme Court, Attorney General, The State- Executive, Legislative, High Courts, Advocate General and Subordinate Courts, Relations between the Union and the States- Distribution of legislative powers, administrative relations, financial relations, Services under the Union and the States. All India Services, Union, and State Public Service Commissions. Tribunals and Administrative Tribunals, Election and Election Commission, Special provisions relating to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Backward Classes, Panchayat and Municipalities, Official Language- Language of the Union and Regional Languages, Emergency Provisions, Amendment of the Constitution, Concept of the basic structure, Schedules, Constitutional Amendments update.
- Public Administration: Public Administration Meaning, Scope, Nature and Importance. Public Administration and Private Administration under Liberalization. New Public Administration, Development Administration and Comparative Public Administration, New dimensions of Public Administration. State vs. Bazar. Rule of Law, Organization-Principles, Approaches, structure. Management- leadership, policy formulation, decision-making theory. Tools of Administrative Management- Coordination, Delegation, Communication, Supervision and Motivation, Administrative Reforms, Good Governance, Bureaucracy, District Administration, Theory of Natural Justice. Control over Administration in India- Parliamentary, Financial, Judicial and Executive Control. Lokpal and Lok Ayukta. Right to Information, Concept of State, Sovereignty, Democracy- Direct and Indirect. Parliamentary and Presidential, Federal and Unitary Government. Theory of Separation of Power.
CGPSC State Service Commission Mains Paper IV Science, Technology and Environment Syllabus 2017-2018
- Chemistry: Rate of chemical reaction and chemical equilibrium – Preliminary knowledge of the rate of chemical reaction. Fast and slow chemical reactions. Reversible and irreversible chemical reactions. Reversible reaction and dynamic nature of equilibrium. Acids and bases. pH scale [simple numerical questions.Exothermic and endothermic reactions. Some important chemical compounds – properties and uses. Method of production manufacture[water, washing soda, baking soda bleaching powder and plaster of Paris.] preparation of building material-lime cement glass and steel. Metals – Position of metals in the periodic table and general properties. Metal, mineral ore. Difference between mineral and ore. Metallurgyconcentration, roasting, smelting, refining of ores Metallurgy of copper and Iron. Corrosion of metals. Alloys. Nonmetals – Position of nonmetals in the periodic table. Preparation properties and uses of Hydrogen oxygen and nitrogen. Some important organic compounds – laboratory method of preparing alcohol and acetic acid, properties and uses some general artificial polymers, polyethylene, polyvinyl chloride. Teflon soap and detergents.
- Physics: Source of Energy, Conventional and new sources of energy, the source of solar energy, causes of the origin of energy in the Sun, solar heating devices, solar cooker solar cell, wind energy, biogas, fossil fuels, ideal fuel properties of the ideal fuel. Nuclear energy, nuclear Fission, Fusion, chain reaction, nuclear reactor, use and harms of nuclear energy. General information about CREDA. Light – nature of light reflection of light, laws of reflection, reflection from the plane and curved surface, image formation by plane convex and concave mirror, the relation between focal length and radius of curvature, determination of the focal length of concave mirror by single pin method. [Relation between u-v-f [numerical examples. Refraction of light – laws of refraction, refraction by glass slab, critical angle, total internal reflection, use of total internal reflection in daily life. lens [converging and diverging lens. Definition focal length optical center image formation by the lens. The human eye, its defects, and remedies. Comparison between the photographic camera and human eye. Simple telescope and astronomical telescope, Construction working, use, ray diagram [no formula derivation]. Electricity and its effects -electric intensity, potential, potential difference, electric current Ohm’s law. Resistance specific resistance, influencing factors, the combination of resistance and related numerical examples thermal effect of current its use, calculation of power and electrical energy spent. (numerical) precautions observed in electric experiments. Chemical effects of electric current. Primary and secondary cells their properties and drawback. Leclanche cell, dry cell, lead accumulator cell, construction. Magnetic effect of current – Magnetic effete of current, Oersted experiment, electromagnetic induction, electric motor, working principle and use of the generator, general studies of alternating current and direct current, electric discharge in gases, discharge tube, cathode rays, X-rays and their properties. Magnetism – Magnet and it’s typing artificial magnet, methods of preparing magnets, molecular theory of magnetism, demagnetization, magnetic keepers, magnetic lines of force and their properties. Plotting the lines of force Terrestrial magnetism, magnetic storm. Magnetic meridian geographical meridian, the relation between VHI and theta.
- Biology: Animal nutrition – Types of nutrition, Autotrophic Nutrition, neurotrophic Nutrition, Holozoic, Parasitic, Saprophytic, ‘symbiotic, Insectivorous. Important terms of nutrition process. Digestion in unicellular cell animal [amoeba] and multicellular animal grasshopper. Human digestive system and digestive process. Photosynthesis, main steps of the process. light reaction and dark reaction. Factors influencing Photosynthesis. Experiments related to photosynthesis. Respiration – Definition, respiratory organs of animals breathing and respiration, Types of respiration, Aerobic and anaerobic respiration, respiratory system of human being and mechanism of respiration [general information], respiratory quotient [RQ] of carbohydrate, fat, and protein. Transport-Transport of mineral and water in plants and animals [in context of the human being] Composition and function of blood, structure, and working of heart, structure, and function of blood vessels [preliminary knowledge] coagulation of blood, blood group, blood transfusion, blood bank, the function of the lymph system. diseases related to the heart. Excretion – excretion in plants and excretory product. Excretion in animal and excretory organs. Excretion system of man and excretion process [general information] artificial kidney dialysis. Osmoregulation. Diseases related to the kidney. Control and coordination – coordination in plants and animal Phytohormones. The nervous system of human being. Structure and function of human Brain and spinal cord, reflex action, endocrine glands hormone and their function. Reproduction and growth – type of reproduction Asexual reproduction fission, budding, regeneration, vegetative reproduction, layering, cutting, grafting, Parthenogenesis, sexual reproduction in plants, the structure of flower and reproduction process [general information] pollination fertilization. Human reproductive system and reproduction process. Heredity and evolution – heredity and variation. the basis of heredity chromosome and DNA [preliminary information] gene. sex determination preliminary knowledge of organic evolution[Oparin’s theory only].
- Technology: National policy of science and technology and changes in the policy from time to time, the purpose of technology. Space programme in India and its applications with special reference to industrial, agricultural and other rural developmental activities, INSAT and IRS systems. Role of Information Technology in Rural India, basic knowledge of computers, computers in communication and broadcasting, software development for economic growth. Broad applications of IT. Energy Resources – Energy demands, renewable and nonrenewable energy resources, nuclear energy, the development and its utilization in the country. Current Science & Technology developments in India, the origin of agriculture, Progress of Agricultural Science and its impacts, Crop science in India, Fertilizers, Control of pests and disease scenario in India.
- Environment: Bio-diversity and its conservation – General introduction -definition, species and genetic diversity, Bio-geographic classification of India, Importance of BioDiversity – Constructive and Destructive application, Importance of social, moral and alternative vision, Global, National and Local level Bio-diversity, India as a wide diversity nation, Hotspots of Biodiversity, threats to biodiversity, Residential damage, damage to wildlife, humans and wild animals struggle, India’s threatened(endangered) and local species, Conservation of biodiversity,Topological and Nontopological conservation. Environmental pollution – Reason effect and conservation – Air pollution, water pollution, see pollution, soil pollution, sound/noise pollution, thermal pollution, nuclear pollution. Solid waste management – Urban and Industrial solid waste management: reason, effect, and control, Human role in pollution control, Disaster Management, Floods, Earthquake, Cyclones and Landslide. Human Population and Environment, Population growth, Variation in the population in various countries. Population explosion and Family Welfare Programme. Environment and Human health.
CGPSC State Service Commission Mains Syllabus 2017-2018 For Paper V Economics & Geography
- Indian Economics: National and per capita income, Structural changes in the Indian Economy ( GDP and workforce), Changes in the role of Public and Private Sectors and their shares in the total plan outlay of the latest plan, Economic Reforms, problems of poverty and unemployment , magnitude and measures initiative to ameliorate them, Monetary Policy structure of Indian Banking and non-banking financial institutions and reforms in them since 1990s. Regulation of Credit by RBI. The pattern of Revenue, Expenditure, Public Debt, fiscal deficit and effects on the Economy.
- Planning In India: Indian PlanningObjectives, Priorities, Planning Commission and its functions. Specific objectives of the latest Five Year Plan, evaluation, and problems. Bharat Nirman Yojna, MNREGA, Procedure in financial matters in Constitution of India, the Financial relation between Union and States, Comptroller & Auditor-General of India.
- Geography of Chhattisgarh: Physical features, location & extent, Physical Divisions and Drainage System, Climate, soil types, Vegetation and their importance, flora, and fauna. Human Features Population Growth, Density, and Distribution. Infant and Maternal Mortality rate etc.
- Economics of Chhattisgarh: Demographic features and social backwardness of the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Backward Classes, and Minorities. Literacy and occupation structure, changes in the sectoral distribution of income and employment. Socio, Political and Economic Empowerment of Women. Child Labour problem. Rural Development, State Finance, and Budgetary policy- Tax structure, Sharing Central Taxes, Expenditure pattern in Revenue and Capital Account as well as plan and non-plan expenditure. Public Debt composition- Internal and External Debt including World Bank loans, Institutional and noninstitutional sources of Rural Credit in Chhattisgarh. Structure and growth of Co-operatives and their shares in total credit adequacy and problems.
- Agriculture, Forest, Industry And Natural Resource of Chhattisgarh: Agriculture and Forest in Chhattisgarh, Structure of Agriculture output. Administered prices including minimum support and procurement prices. Public Distribution System in Chhattisgarh. Cropping pattern, means of irrigation and their importance, Modernization of agriculture, agricultural problems, and planning, Growth and Structure of Industries in Chhattisgarh- large, medium, small and tiny sectors. their comparison, growth, weaknesses and problems, Natural Resources, Minerals, Energy and Water Resources, Thermal and Hydel Electricity Projects, Solar Energy, Forest, and Mineral based Industries in Chhattisgarh.
CGPSC State Service Commission Mains Paper VI Mathematics & Logical Ability Syllabus 2017-2018
- Rational Numbers: Addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of rational numbers. Finding the rational number between two rational number. Ratio and Proportion -definition, properties, aterments, inuertends, componendo, etc. and their uses. Simultaneous equation, (a+b) (a+b), (a-b) (a-b), (a+b) (a-b) related questions. Arithmetic progression – Definition, general (nth) term and the sum of n terms, arithmetic mean. Commercial Mathematics – Banking, calculation of interest on/in the savings account, fixed deposit account, and recurring deposit account. Calculation of income tax (for the salaried person and excluding house rent allowance). Factorization, LCM, and HCM.
- Coordinate Geometry: Distance between two points, proportional division of a line (section formula), the area of the triangle, condition of co-linearity of three points. Trigonometry – Measure of angles in the sexagesimal. centesimal and circular systems, the relation between arc, radius and central angle. Proof of the trigonometrical ratios of complementary angles – sin(90° – é) = cos é, cos(90° – é) = sin é, tan(90° – é) = cot é, cot(90° – é) = tan é, sec(90° – é) = cosec é, cosec(90° – é) = sec é and related questions. Mensuration – Surface area and volume of prism, cylinder, cone, and sphere. Similar triangles, circles, and geometrical constructions.
- Computer Binary Digit System: Change in binary number to decimal number and decimal number to binary number. Algorithm method – meaning and quality, indefinite, definite, input and output, effectiveness. Averages – arithmetic, geometric and harmonic mean, median, mode, pie-chart. Probability. Vedic Mathematics, additional, subtraction, multiplication, division and checking the answer – square, square roots, cube roots, vinculum and its application, the application of Vedic mathematics methods in algebra. Introduction and contribution of Indian Mathematician (Aryabhata, Varaha mihira, Brahma Gupta, Bhaskaracharya, Shrinivas Ramanujan).
- Data Analysis: Mathematical operation Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc.), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc.) and analysis of data. Applied mathematics – Profit and Loss, Percentage, Interest, and averages. Time, speed, distance, river and boat.
- Logical Resonant: Analog Test, Odd word, an Odd pair of words, Coding & Decoding Test, Relation Test, Alphabet Test, Mathematical Operations, Logical analysis of words, Inserting the missing number or word, Assertion, and Reason, Situation reaction test, Figure series, Deletion of elements, General Mental ability.
CGPSC State Service Commission Mains Syllabus 2017-2018 For Paper VII Philosophy & Sociology
- Indian Philosophy and Yoga: Nature or Philosophy, its relation with life, science and culture. Nature and scope of philosophy and religion. Unity and universality of religions, religious tolerance, and secularism, comparative study of Indian and Western Philosophy. Yoga Philosophy (Yog Darshan), Ashtanga yoga – Yam, Niyam, Aasan, Pranayam, Pratyahar, Dharna, Dhyan, and Samadhi. Effect of Asian and pranayama on human health.
- Sociology: Sociology- Meaning, Scope, and nature, Importance of its study. Relation with other Social Sciences. Primary Concepts – Society, Community, Association, Institution, Social group, Folkways, and Mores. Individual and Society – Social interactions, Status and role, Culture and Personality, Socialization. Hindu Social Organization – Religion, Ashram, Varna, Purusharth. Social Stratification – Caste and Class. Social Processes – Social Interaction, Co-operation, Struggle, Competition. Social Control and Social Change – Sources and agencies of Social Control, Processes and factors of Social Change. Indian Social Problems, Social disorganization-Anomie, and Alienation, Inequality. Social Research and Techniques -Objective of Social Research, Use of the scientific method to study of Social Phenomena, Problems of objectivity. Tools and techniques of data collection- Observation, Interview, Questionnaire, Schedule.
- Tribes of Chhattisgarh: Tribal social organization – Marriage, Family, Clan, youth dormitories. Tribal Development – History, Programmes and Policies, The Constitutional Safeguards, Special Primitive Tribes of Chhattisgarh, Other Tribes, Schedule Cast and Other Backward Class of Chhattisgarh. Main Ornaments popular in tribes of Chhattisgarh, Special traditions. Tribal Problems – Isolation Migration and acculturation.
- Art of Chhattisgarh: Folk arts of Chhattisgarh, Folk literature and Prominent Folk Artists of Chhattisgarh, Folksongs of Chhattisgarh, Folk legend, Folk theater, Idioms and Proverbs, Puzzle/ riddle (tuÅyk), Singing (skunk), Literary, Music and Art Institutions of Chhattisgarh, Chhattisgarh State awards and Regards in these fields.
- The culture of Chhattisgarh: Folk culture, Chief Fares, and Festivals of Chhattisgarh. Major Archaeological Center – horamdev, Mallhar, Deepadih, Maheshpur, Sirpur, Rajim, Matku Dwip, Sivrinarayan, Taala, Pachmarhi, Barshur, Tourism Centre – Chitrakot, Amritdhara, Main part, Dongarhgarh, Girodhpuri, Damakheda, Ramjharna, Turri Dham, Damohdehra, Dantewada, Ratanpur, Madwarani, Chandrapur, Ghatarani, etc., National Park, Sanctuaries and Waterfalls and caves of Bastar, Prominent saints of Chhattisgarh.
Hope that this information is sufficient for all the applicants. Visit our website www.allindiajobs.in for more updates about this article.