The Assam Public Service Commission will recruit the candidates in various posts to the Civil Services, notification is generally published through print media inviting application forms. The Common Competitive will be two exams. One is Prelims and another one is Mains Examinations. In this article, we had provided the APSC CCE Prelims Syllabus 2017 along with Exam Pattern. Interested candidates can apply for the APSC Combined Competitive Exam and prepare well for the Prelims Exam by using the APSC Prelims Syllabus 2017. Aspirants can start your preparation now onwards because there is a tough competition for the Prelims Exam.
APSC CCE Prelims Syllabus 2017
The APSC CCE Prelims Syllabus 2017 is very helpful to the candidates. For the sake of contenders, we are also providing the Assam PSC Exam Pattern along with Syllabus. Without the Exam Pattern, the candidates don’t know how to prepare and how to write the written exam within the time limit. So the aspirants can grab this information without any delay. Contenders have any doubts can check the Assam Public Service Commission official website @ apsc.nic.in or can check our website frequently for more updates.
You Can Also Check: APSC Jobs
Prelims Exam have one common subject and one optional subject. Aspirants can select the one subject from the list of the optional subjects based on your interest. For the sake of aspirants, we are providing the subject wise Syllabus for the common subject and optional subjects in a detailed manner. After selecting the subject, candidates can start your preparation for the written exam by using the Syllabus, Exam Pattern and Previous Papers.
APSC CCE Prelims Exam Pattern
|Type of Exam||Paper||Subject Name||Total Marks||Time Duration|
|Multiple Choice Questions||Paper I||General Subject||200 Marks||2Hrs(120 Minutes)|
|Paper II||Optional Subject||200 Marks||2Hrs(120 Minutes)|
- The above table explains the complete details about the Prelims Exam.
- Written Exam has Multiple Choice Questions.
- There will be two papers.
- One is Paper I or General Studies and another one is Paper II or Optional Subject.
- General Studies will carry 200 Marks within the 2Hrs time limit.
- Optional Subject will carry 200 Marks and the time duration is 2Hrs.
Candidates will select the one subject from the list of the optional subject:
- Animal Husbandry & Vety Science
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Indian History
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Science
- Political Science
APSC CCE Prelims Selection Process
The Candidates who have scored qualifying marks in Prelims Exam will promote to the Mains Exam. So the candidates can prepare well for the Prelims Exam by using the APSC CCE Prelims Syllabus 2017.
APSC CCE Prelims Syllabus 2017
Below we are providing the complete information about APSC CCE Prelims Syllabus 2017. The candidates can grab this information and start your preparation for the written exam. For sake of candidates, we are also providing the Optional Subject Syllabus. So this article is very helpful to the candidates.
APSC CCE Prelims Syllabus 2017 for General Studies
- Indian Polity
- Political System in India
- Current Events of National & International Importance
- Indian Economy
- Planning Process in India
- Geography of Assam, India & World
- Role of Science and Technology in India
- Culture and Literature of Assam, India and World
- History of India and Assam
- Indian National Movement with special reference to Assam
- General Mental Ability
APSC Combined Competitive Exam Prelims Agriculture Syllabus 2017
- Agriculture, its importance in national economic factors determining agroecological zone and geographic distribution of crop plants.
- Important crops of India, cultural practices for cereal pulses, oilseed, fiber, sugar and tuber crops and the scientific basis for these crop rotation, multiple and relay cropping intercropping and mixed cropping.
- Soil as a medium of plant growth and its composition, mineral and organic constituents of the soil and their role in crop production, chemical, physical and microbiological properties of the soils essential plant nutrients, their functions, occurrence, and cycling in soils, principles of soil fertility and its evaluation for judicious fertilizer use. Organic manures and bio-fertilizers, straight, complex and mixed fertilizers manufactured and marketed in India.
- Principles of plant physiology with reference to plant nutrition absorption, translocation, and metabolism of nutrients. Diagnosis of nutrient deficiencies and their amelioration photosynthesis and respiration, growth and development auxins and hormones in plant growth.
- Elements of Genetics and Plant breeding as applied to the improvement of crops, development of plant hybrids and composites, important varieties, hybrids and composites of major crops.
- Important fruit and vegetable crops of India, the package of practices and their scientific basis, crop rotation, intercropping and companion crops, the role of fruits and vegetables in human nutrition, post-harvest handling, and processing of fruits and vegetables.
- Serious pests and diseases, affecting major crops principles of pest control, integrated control of pests and diseases, proper use and maintenance of plant protection equipments.
- Farm planning and resource management for optional production, Farming systems and their role in regional economics.
- Philosophy, objectives, and principles of extension. Extension organization at the stations and responsibilities. Methods of communication, Role of farm organization in extension service.
- Principles of economics as applied to agriculture.
APSC CCE Prelims Syllabus 2017 for Anthropology
- Physical Anthropology: Basic concepts: Mammal, Primate, Modern apes, Human evolution, Genetics, Heredity, Race. Man’s place in the animal kingdom, Human skeleton, Fossil evidence of human evolution, Racial criteria, Major races, Racial classification, Racial elements in India.
- Prehistory: Basic concepts: Artifact, Industry, Culture, Civilization. Pleistocene environment: Ice Age, Tool families Method of tool making, Palaeolithic, Masolithic and Neolithic culture, Metal Age culture.
- Social and Cultural Anthropology: Basic concepts: Society, Culture, Marriage, Family, Lineage, Clean, Kinship, Tribe, Caste, Subsistence economy, Magic, Religion, Culture Change acculturation, Evolution, and Diffusion. Characteristic features of folk / primitive society: Forms and regulation of marriage, Types, and functions of family, Food collection, Pastoralism and agriculture, Divination spell and prayer, Anisism and animatism, Totemism, Taboo.
APSC Combined Competitive Exam Prelims Animal Husbandry Including Management Syllabus 2017
- Dairy And Poultry Science: Importance of livestock in Agriculture Economy of Indian livestock population, the problem of livestock Industry in India. Different breeds of livestock viz, Cattle, Buffalo, Sheep, Goat, and Pigs both Indian and exotic. Types of housing, space requirement of different categories of livestock importance of sanitation in Livestock farm. Different types of animal farming – Mixed farming Integrated farming, Specialised dairy farming, and their relative economic merits. Importance of clean milk production – Definition of milk and colostrum, Factors affecting quality and quantity of milk. Legal standards of milk, Source of adulteration and its detection in milk, Pasteurization, sterilization, homogenization and their importance, Different Milk products and other milk beverages. Rearing of young stocks, the importance of colostrum feeding in young ones, management of pregnant cows, she-goats ewes, care and management of breeding heifers and young bulls. Breeds of laying and broiler birds, Definition, High line, deep litter, cock hen, pullets. Incubation of eggs and care to be taken in incubation. Factors affecting hatchability of eggs. The incubation time for eggs, of poultry, duck and pigeon eggs. Different rations for birds of different categories. Maintenance of various records.
- Animal Genetics: Mendelian Laws of inheritance – Defense-Multiple alleles, crossing over, linkage, sex-linked inheritance Mutation, complementary gene, chromosomal aberrations, Definitions of Population, gene frequency, Hendy Weinberg Law, quantitative and qualitative traits, variation and its causes. Heritability and repeatability. Genetic and environmental variation, Mating system-Inbreeding, line breeding, cross-breeding. Outbreeding, grading up crosses between inbred lines. Heterosis and hybrid vigor, utilization of heterosis for higher productivity. Breeding methods to improve indigenous livestock with exotic breeds.
- Animal Nutrition: Classification of animal feeds. Concentrates, roughages and their uses and their inter-relation in animal feeding. Animal feeds their composition and nutritive values. Computation of various rations. Thumb Rule of feeding livestock and poultry. Different types of fodders, both legume, and non-legume. Cultivation and management of pasture and pasture land. Feeding livestock during lean perion and also during drought and flood.
- Veterinary Science: Definitions of Infectious and contagious diseases. Parasitic, bacterial and viral diseases of cattle, buffalo, sheep, pig, goat, and poultry. Contagious diseases of livestock and poultry and their prevention. Diseases of public health importance. Measures to be adopted during the outbreak of a contagious, disease. Immunization and vaccine-vaccination principles. Occurrences symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment of various disease of cattle – Pneumonia, Jaundice, Diarrhoea, Gastroenteritis, Pericarditis, Peritonitis, Fascioliasis, Trypanosomiasis, Piroplasmosis. Anthrax, Haemorrhagic, Septicaemia, Block quanta, Tuberculosis, Hohne s disease, Tympanitis, White scour etc. Occurrence, symptoms of viral diseases like Rinderpest, Foot and Mouth diseases, Mucosal disease complex etc.
- Poultry Diseases: Occurrence, symptoms treatment, and prevention of Coccidiosis, Ranikhet, Fowl Pox, Marek disease, Avian Leucosis complex, various parasitic diseases. Diseases of swine – Specially Swine fever, hog cholera, piglet diarrhea, deficiency diseases etc. Sources of poisoning in animal and their symptoms and treatments. Various drugs used for doping racehorse and techniques for its detection. Management of wild animals and animals in captivity for treatment, drugs used tranquilizing the ferocious animals. Use of Artificial insemination for improvement of livestock, Advantage, and disadvantages. Definition Infertile and Sterile, Courses of infertility and sterility in large animals, Detection of heat and insemination of animals.
APSC CCE Prelims Syllabus 2017 for Botany
- Morphology: Root, Stem Leaf, defensive mechanism inflorescence, flower, pollination, fertilization, seed & fruit production their dehiscence and dispersal.
- Anatomy: Cell, Shoot and root apices, regions of growth, Tissue system, Stele and their types; differences between leaf and branch gaps, Comparision of anatomical structures of root, stem, and leaf, Secondary growth and anomalous secondary growth, Root-Stem transition.
- Cryptogamsalgae: Variations in the vegetative and reproductive structures of Chlorella Volvox, Hydrodictyon, Ulothrix, Oedogonium, Cosmarium, Chaetohora, Vaucheria, Chara, Ectocarpus, Fucus, Dictyota, Batrachospermum, Polysiphonia, Nostoc and Anabaena, Alternation of generations, Economic Importance of algae.
- Fungi: Variations in structure and reproductions of Phytophthora, Cystopus, Saccharomyces, Penicillium, Erysiphe, Ustilago, Puccinia, Psalliota, Helminthosporium and Fusarium, Economic uses of Fungi, Lichen structure, reproduction, and types.
- Bryophytes: Detailed study of vegetative and reproductive. Parts of Marchantia, Anthoceros, and Sphagnum.
- Pteridophytes: Detailed study of vegetative and reproductive structure, including their anatomy, of Lycopodium, Marselia, and Isoetes.
- Angiosperms: Principles of classification (artificial, natural and phylogenetic). Differences between monocot and dicot.
- Diagnostic characters of the following families: Poaceae, Liliaceae, Musaceae, Arecaceae, Orchidaceae, Brassicaceae Cucurbitaceae, Liliaceae, Malvaceae, Rutaceae, Fabaceae, Apiaceae, Lamiaceae, Apocynaceae, Asterceae and Euphorbiaceae.
- Physiology: Osmosis Imbibition, Absorption of water and solvents, Soil and their properties. Essential and non-essential elements, sand and water culture, Water loss, mechanism and ascent of sap including the theories, photosynthesis, respiration, fermentation nitrogen metabolism. Translocation of food, Germination, growth, growth hormone, mechanism of action of growth hormones in phototropic and geotropic curvatures, Movement.
- Ecology: Definition, factors, succession, invasion, community, Association and interaction, Phytogeographical regions of India Detail idea about the floras of North-East India.
- Cytogenetics and Plant Breeding: Cell division, cell inclusion. Nucleus- structure and function, Chromosome, Polyploidy. Mendelism, Linkage, and Crossing over, mutation.
- Evolution Botany: Various theories with reference to examples.
- Economic Botany: Products and uses of the following plants – Rice, Wheat, Maize, Soybean, Pea, Ground-nut, Mustard, Coconut, castor, Cotton, Jute, Cinchona, Atropa, Belladonna, Rauvolfia, Tea, and Sugarcane.
- Gymnosperms: Living, Cycas, Pinus, and Gnetum
- Fossil: A general study.
APSC Combined Competitive Exam Prelims Chemical Engineering Syllabus 2017
- Fundamental and Stoichiometry: Definition and scope of chemical engineering, Units, and dimensions, Dimensional analysis, Graphical and numerical methods of data fitting. Properties of gases, liquids, and solids. Material balance of simple and complex systems with and without chemical reaction. Recycle, bypass and purging. The energy balance of simple systems with and without chemical reactions.
- Material Science and Corrosion: Crystallography – Concepts of crystalline and non-crystalline materials, Mechanical properties, phase diagram heat treatment. Materials of construction – metals and alloys for construction, ceramics, refractoriness, polymers. Materials selection and economics. Corrosion – causes, control and preventive measures.
- Energy Resources and Utilization: Classification and survey of energy resources, Scope of utilization. Solid fuels – Various types, physical and chemical characteristics. Coal – Classification, origin, carbonization gasification, storage and handling preparation. Liquid fuels from petroleum Synthetic liquid fuels. Gaseous fuels – Classification, composition, calorific value, manufacture of synthetic gaseous fuels, Combustion. Nuclear energy and hydropower. Solar and other renewable sources of energy, viz., biomass, MSW, wind, tidal and geothermal energy.
- Fluid Flow Operations: Classification and properties of fluids. Hydrostatic equilibrium, manometers. Types of flow, Reynolds number Newtonian and non-Newtonian fluids, Bernoulli equation and its applications, fluid friction, Hagen-Poisseuille equation. Fluid flow measurements. Fluidization – mechanism, and uses. Fluid machinery – pumps, turbines, compressors, and blowers.
- Chemical Technology(Inorganic): Water L hard and soft water, boiler water, municipal water treatment, desalination. Acid industry – Sulfuric, nitric and hydrochloric acid. Chloral-alkali industry – Ammonia synthesis, Fertilizers natural, nitrogenous, phosphates, potassium and mixed fertilizers. Marine chemicals – Sodium chloride, recovery of compounds of K, Ms, Ca, Br, and I, Lime and its products Cement.
APSC CCE Prelims Syllabus 2017 for Civil Engineering
- Statics: Coplanar and multi-planer system free body diagrams, centroid second moment of plane figure force and funicular polygons, the principle of virtual work suspension systems and centenary.
- Dynamics: Units and dimensions, Gravitational and absolute system, MKS & S.I. Unit.
- Kinematics: Rectilinear and Curvilinear motion, Relative motion, Instantaneous center.
- Kinetics: Mass moment of inertia, simple harmonic motion, momentum and impulse equations of motion of rigid body rotating about a fixed axis.
- Strength Of Materials: Homogeneous and isotropic media, stress and strain elastic constants, tension and compression in one direction, riveted and welded joints. Compound stresses – Principal stresses and principal strains, simple theories of failure. Bending moments and shear force diagrams. Theory of bending, shear stress distribution in the cross-section of beams Deflection of beams. Analysis of laminated beams and non-prismatic structures. Theories of columns, middle-third, and middle-fourth rules. Three pinned arch analysis of simple frames, Torsion of shafts combined bending direct and torsional stresses in shafts. Strain energy in elastic deformation, impact fatique and creep.
- Soil Mechanics: Origin of soils, classification void ratio, Moisture content permeability, Compaction. Seepage, Construction of flow nets, Determination of shear strength parameters for different drainage and stress conditions- Triaxial, unconfined and direct shear tests. Earth pressure theories – Rankine’s and coulomb’s analytical and graphical methods, the stability of slopes. Soil consolidation – Terzaghi’s theory for one-dimensional consolidation, the rate of settlement and ultimate settlement, effective stress pressure distribution in soils, soil stabilization. Foundations- Bearing capacity of footings, Piles, Wells, Sheets piles.
- Fluid Mechanics: Properties of fluids. Fluid Statics — Pressure at a point force on plane and curved surface, buoyancy stability of floating and submerged bodies, dynamics of fluid flow, Laminar and turbulent flow, equation of continuity energy and momentum equation, Bernoulli’s theorem, cavitation, Velocity, potential and steam functions, rotational, irrotational flow, vortices, flow net, Fluid flow measurement. Dimensional analysis – Units and dimensions – non-dimensional numbers, Buck-inggham’s Pi-theorem, principles of similitude and application. Viscous flow – Flow between the static plate and circular tubes boundary layer concepts – drag and lift. Incompressible flow through pipe – Laminar and turbulent flow, critical velocity, friction loses, loss due to sudden enlargement and contraction energy grade lines. Open Channel flow – uniform and non-uniform flows, specific energy and critical depth, gradually varied flow surface profiles, standing wave flume, surges and waves.
- Surveying: General principles, sign convention surveying instruments and their adjustment, recording of survey observations, plotting of maps and sections, errors and their adjustments. Measurement of distances, directions and heights, correction to measure length and barrings, correction for local attractions, measurement of horizontal and vertical angles, levelling operations, refraction and curvature corrections, Chain, and compass survey, theodolite and Technometrics traversing, traverse computation; plane table survey, solution of two and three points problems, contour surveying, setting out direction and grades & type of curves, setting out of curves and excavation lines for building foundations.
APSC Combined Competitive Exam Prelims Chemistry Syllabus 2017
- Atomic structure: Atomic number, electronic configurations s,p,d,f,. symbol, Aufbau principle, Hund’s rule, Pauli’s exclusion principle. Isotopes, isobars, and isotones use of isotopes, Radioactivity, different types of emanations & parent-daughter relationship, Group displacement law, help life, fission and fusion reactions, nuclear reactions, binding energy.
- Periociaty of Properties: Atomic radii, ionic radii, electronegativity, electron affinity their variation with the position of the elements in the periodic table. Valency – Electronic theory of valency, elementary ideas of sigma and pi bonds shapes of simple molecules. Bond order, bond length and bond angles. Chemistry of common elements and their commercially important compounds, principles of extraction of metals important alloys, (Metals included-Sodium, Copper, Aluminium, Iron). Coordination compounds – Werner’s theory of coordination compound, coordination number, the role of coordination compounds in the analysis, Solubility product common ion effect, PH & buffer solution.
- Classification of organic compounds: Homologous series and isomerism, Alkanes, Alkanes and Alkynes, Derivatives of hydrocarbon halides, alcohols, aldehydes, ketones, carboxylic acids, esters & others, the general absolute method of orientation. Carbohydrate L Classification, monosaccharides, glucose and fructose, configuration, Epimerization, and Mutarotation. Elementary ideas of oils fats and waxes.
- Kinetic theory of gases and gas lows: Vander Waals equation, specific heats of gases Cp/Cv
- Thermodynamics: First law of thermodynamics Isothermal and adiabatic expansion. Heat capacities, Thermochemistry, Heat of reaction.
- Dilute Solutions: Colligative Properties-Osmatic Pressure, Lowering of Vapour pressure, Depression of freezing point and Elevation of boiling point, Determination of molecular weight in solution.
- Chemical Equilibrium: Law of action, Homogenous equilibria, Le Chattelier’s principle and its application to chemical equilibria (synthesis to NH3 by Haper’s process SO3 in contact process of manufacture of Sulphuric acid).
- Chemical Kinetics: Molecularity and order of reactions, first and second order reactions.
- Electro Chemistry: Faraday’s law of electrolysis Equivalent conductivity and specific conductivity- their variation with dilution. Ostwald’s dilution law.
- Colloids and Catalysis: Definition of colloids classification, dialysis, gold number and Tyndal effect, catalysis- Criteria of catalysis, types of catalysis.
- Phase Rule: Explanation of terms involved Distribution law.
APSC CCE Prelims Syllabus 2017 for Commerce
- Accounting: Accounting equation – Concept and convention. Generally accepted accounting principles – capital and revenue expenditures and receipts : Preparation of the financial statements including statements of sources and application of funds, Partnership accounts including dissolution and piecemeal distribution among the partners, Accounts of nonprofits organisation, Preparation of accounts from incomplete record, Company Accounts, Issue an redemption of shares and debenture, Capitalisation of profits and issue of bonus shares, Accounting for depreciation including accelerated methods of providing depreciation, Invention valuation and control. Ratio analysis and interpretation – Ratios relating to short-term liquidity, long-term solvency, and profitability, the importance of the rate of return on investment (ROI) in evaluating the overall performance of the business entity. Nature and objects of auditing – Balance Sheet and continuous audit, Statutory management and operational audits Auditor’s working papers, Internal control and internal audit. Audit of proprietary and partnership firms, Board outlines of the company audit.
- Business Organisation and Secretarial Practice: Distinctive Features of different forms of business organization. Formalities and documents in floating a Joint Stock Company – Doctrine of indoor management and principle of constructive notice, Type of securities and methods of their issue, Economic functions of the new issues market and stock exchange- Business combinations, Control of monopoly houses, Procedure and financing of export and import trade, Incentives for export promotion, Role of the EXIM Bank. Management function – Planning Organising Staffing. Directing, Coordination and Control. Organisation Structure Centralisation and decentralization, the delegation of authority, the span of control, management by objective (MBO) and Management by exception. Office Management – Scope and principles, Systems routines, Handling of records, Office equipment and machines, Impact of Organisation and methods (O & M) Company Secretary – Functions and scope, Appointment, qualification and disqualifications, Rights, duties and liabilities of Company Secretary, Drafting of agenda and minutes.
APSC Combined Competitive Exam Prelims Computer Science Syllabus 2017
- Data Structures: Continuous and Non-continuous data structure Dynamic storage allocations, File organisation techniques.
- Formal Languages and Automata Theory: Finite state machines, Push down automata, Finite automata, Context free language, Contact sensitive languages, Turing machine, Decision question and Undecided problems.
- Computer Organisation: Functional components, CPU design, Memory organisation and I/O organisation.
- The principle of Programming Languages: Various programming paradigms Syntax, Semantics, Block structure, Scooping Binding, Object Oriented programming Functional programming. Logic and Concurrent programming.
- Operating Systems: Process management, Memory management, File management and I/O management.
- Software Engineering: Lifecycle model, Function oriented design, Object-oriented design, User interface design, Coding and Testing, Software requirement, Project management, Software Reliability, and Maintenance.
- Database Management: Concept, Data independence, Difference models, Storage organization, Query languages, Normal forms, Decomposition, Security, Concurrency, Recovery.
- Data Communication and Computer Networks: Basics of digital communication, Network architecture, Physical layer, Transport layer and Application layer.
APSC CCE Prelims Syllabus 2017 for Economics
- Unit – I: Economics problem, nature of economics laws, price mechanism, Demand and supply, nature of demand curve Elastic and inelastic demand, Factors determining them, Indifference curves – properties, laws of returns, Superiority over analysis, Cost curves, Fixed and Variable, marginal cost and average cost, their relationship. Equilibrium, conditions of equilibrium under perfect competition monopoly and monopolistic competition. Gross and net national income rent wages, interest, and profit, Trade cycles, Characteristics, Phases and causes of trades. Types of unemployment.
- Unit – II: National income, estimate and measurement difficulties, different kinds of money, the origin of money, the supply of money, price level, index numbers, its construction, uses and limitations quantity theory of money, assumption and limitation. Power and functions of the central bank, inflation, and deflation, causes and remedies. Monetary standards, foreign exchange, its determination.
- Unit – III: Nature of public finance, Distinction between public finance and private finance, sources of public revenues, tax and non-tax revenue, direct and indirect taxes incidence and burden of taxation, Factors determining taxable capacity, public expenditure and public debt, Effect of tax public expenditure and public debt on production and employment methods of debt, repayment, Distinction between debt redemption and conversion, Fiscal policy and monetary policy, their limitations. Tax Evasion and Tax Avoidance, Fiscal policy, its role in a developing economy.
- Unit – IV: Developed, underdeveloped and developing countries basic features and characteristics with reference to India, India’s national income during plan-period, the contribution of different sectors to national income, population problems- its impacts on economic development, unemployment & capital formation. The agricultural problem, causes of low, productivity, mechanization of India agriculture, green revolution- its impact Land reforms, agricultural credit, agricultural marketing, slow growth of industries in India- causes and remedies, Industrial policy, Industrial finance- its sources. Public Sector Industries- their role and efficiency, small-scale industries, problems and remedial measures. Foreign Trade, Trades-gaps and measures of bridging them, Role of economic planning- objectives, priorities, achievements, and failure in India Price Problem – causes and remedies. Poverty eradication measures adopted under Five Year Plans, nationalization of Commercial Banks- Lead Bank Scheme.
APSC Combined Competitive Exam Prelims Education Syllabus 2017
- Meaning, definition, and scope of education.
- Aims of education-individual, social, liberal and vocational education in a democracy.
- School and community – their relation, functions, and responsibilities.
- Curriculum, Definition and types, Defects, principles of curriculum construction. Correlation of studies- Importance of curricular activities in school.
- Discipline – Definition, Importance of discipline in education, Relation between freedom and discipline, Reward and punishment in school.
- Theories of play – Importance of play in education.
- Educational for national integration and international understanding.
- Psychology – meaning and definition, the importance of educational psychology, scope and methods of educational psychology.
- Physical basis of mental life – receptors, effectors and central nervous system – sensation, perception, and conception.
- Needs, drives and motives.
- Emotions and instincts – their importance in education.
- Habits and their formation.
- Learning – theories and laws of learning, motivation in learning.
- Attention and interest – their importance in education.
- Intelligence – its meaning, nature, Stanford, Bint- Intelligence tests.
- Statistics in education – Mean, medium and mode calculation of quartile deviation and standard deviation, Calculation of coefficient of correlation by rank difference method.
- Charter Act of 1813. Macaulay’s minute and Lord Bentinck resolution of 1835.
- Woods Despatch of 1854 – its impact of Indian Education.
- Indian Education Commission of 1882 – Primary and Secondary Education.
- Lord Curzon’s Educational Policy on Secondary and University Education.
- Resolution of 1913.
- Hartog Committees report of 1929.
- Wardha Scheme of Education 1937.
- Introduction of primary education in Assam – problems in its implementation.
- Adult Education Programme – its meaning and scope. The problem in the implementation of the programme and their solutions.
- Educational Policy of 1986.
APSC CCE Prelims Syllabus 2017 for Electrical Engineering
- Primary and Secondary cells, Dry-accumulators, Solar Cells, Steady state analysis of d.c. and a.c. network, network theorems, network function, Laplace techniques, transient response, frequency response, three-phase network, inductively coupled circuits.
- Mathematical modeling of dynamic linear systems, transfer functions, block diagrams, the stability of control systems.
- Electrostatic and magnetostatic field analysis, Maxwell’s equations, Wave equations and electromagnetic waves.
- Basis methods of measurements, standards, error analysis, indicating instruments, cathode ray oscilloscope, measurement of voltage, current, power resistance, inductance, capacitance, frequency, time and flux, electronic motors.
- Vacuum based and Semiconductor devices and analysis of electronic circuits, single and multistage audio and radio, small signal and large signal amplifiers, oscillators and feedback amplifiers, waveshaping circuits and time base generators, multivibrators and digital circuits, modulation and demodulation circuits. Transmission line at audio, radio and U.H. frequencies reduces, Wire and Radio Communication.
- Generation of e.m.f. and torque in the rotation machine, motor, and generator characteristics os d.c. synchronous and induction machines, equivalent circuits, commutation starters, phaser diagram, losses, regulation, power transformers.
- Modelling of transmission lines, steady, state and transient stability, surge phenomena and insulation coordination, protective devices and schemes for power system equipment.
- Conversion of a.c. to d.c. and d.c. to a.c., controlled and uncontrolled power, speed control techniques for drives.
APSC Combined Competitive Exam Prelims Electronics Syllabus 2017
- Basic Circuit Theory: Loop and nodal analysis. Matrix methods of solving loop and nodal circuit equation. Network Theorems. Fourier analysis of periodic waveforms. Laplace transforms and applications. Coupled circuits.
- Electronic Devices: Basic semiconductor theory (device physics). Diodes, BJTs, and MOSFETs.
- Electronic Circuits: Amplifiers (common circuits, biasing methods, small signal analysis etc.), Op-Amp basics and applications. Large signal amplifiers and filters. Feedback.
- Digital Electronic Circuits: Number system and codes. Boolean algebra and logic circuits. Minimization of Boolean expressions (K-maps). Logic families (TTL, ECL, and CMOS)-comparison on the basis of performance Combinational logic circuit design, sequential circuits (FF, Shift Registers, Counters), RAM and ROMS.
- Communication: Fourier analysis, sampling, Z-transforms, random variables and stochastic process. Amplitude and Frequency modulations, TDM, FDM, Noise, Pulse Modulation. Baseband digital transmission. Digital Modulation technique. Error control coding.
- Microprocessor: UP architecture, Memory interfacing, interrupts, and timing. Flow charts and pseudo codes. Study of common peripheral chips. Assembly language programming, 1/0 programming, and simple applications.
APSC CCE Prelims Syllabus 2017 For Fisheries
- Basic principles of aquaculture. Origin growth and present global and national scenario. Prospects of aquaculture in relation to the national and state economy.
- Status, scope, and prospects of freshwater aquaculture in India and North Eastern States. Systems of aquaculture. Concepts of integrated aquaculture systems. Cultivable fin and shellfishes.
- Soil and water quality for fish culture. Manuring and fertilization of fish pond. Management of soil quality for aquaculture.
- Inland water bodies – physical, chemical and biological properties of water in relation to aquaculture. Biological communities of inland waters. Common groups of phyto and zooplankton.
- Pond for fish culture. Location, design and construction of the fish pond, cage and pen.
- Fish and shellfish breeding, traditional and modern fish hatching devices. Broodstock and nursery pond management.
- Fish feed – natural and artificial. Nutritional requirement of commercially important cultivable fish species. Conventional and non-conventional fish feeds. Feed formulation and processing.
- The significance of fish diseases in relation to aquaculture practices, their diagnosis and fish health management.
- Economics of fish production system – culture and capture.
- Concept and fundamentals of fishery extension education. The present system of fishery extension service. Fishing gear, Traditional fishing fears of gears and other water bodies of Assam. Modern commercial fishing methods. Traditional and modern methods of fish preservation. Post-harvest management of fin and shellfish. Marine capture fisheries.
APSC Combined Competitive Exam Prelims Geography Syllabus 2017
- Physical: The crust of the Earth – its structure and formation, Major
- relief features of the earth and their origin – continents, ocean, basins and mountains, Weathering, erosion and deposition, cycles of erosion, Elements of climate and types of climate, Types of soils and negotiation.
- Economic: Types of resources, land, water mineral, biotic and human, Agriculture, Industry, Transport, and Communication.
- Human: Man and environment, Population, distribution and density, Urban and Rural settlements patterns.
- Geography of the world: Landforms, Climates and Vegetation, Natural regions of the world, Growth of population, International migration, Races of mankind, Occupation pattern, the Regional study of Africa, South East Asia, South West Asia and Latin America.
- Geography of India and North East India: Physiography, Climate, Soil and Vegetation, Agriculture and Irrigation, Mineral and Energy resources – Industries, Population – distribution, density, and growth.
- Physical, Economical and Human Geography: No Sub-Topics
- Geography of the world: No Sub-Topics
APSC CCE Prelims Syllabus 2017 for Geology
- General and Structural Geology: An introduction to Geology – its scope, subdivision, and relation to other branches of Science. Rocks- their definition and types, Geological time and its major divisions. The earth – its origin, age, constitution and relation the other planets in the solar system. Weathering of rocks, Geological work done by river, glacier, wind, sea. Volcanoes – types, distribution, products and Geological effects, Earthquakes-causes, distribution, and effect. Earthquake Waves, Meaning of the term – Groundwater, Water Table, Artesian well, Aquifer and Springs. Basic concepts of Geomorphology. The normal cycle of erosion. Drainage patterns. Landforms formed by the action of water, Ice, and wind. Structural Geology – Clinometer compass and its use, primary and secondary structures, Dip and strike and the representation. Folds, faults, joints, and unconformities- the definition, description, classification, and recognition preliminary ideas of foliation sonialosely of ligation ideas about geosyncline, mountain building, isostasy and continental drift. Structural features of India.
- Paleontology: Fossils – definition, conditions, and types of preservation, Uses of fossils in Geology, Board division of the fossils into micro and microfossils, Vertebrate and invertebrate fossils, Paleobotany. Morphological feature and geological distribution of branchiopods, bivalve(lamellibranchs), gastropods cephalopod and trilobites.
- Crystallography and mineralogy: Crystallography – Crystalline and amorphous substances. Crystal – its definition and morphological characters. Axes, axial ratio, parameters, indices, crystal forms, and zones. Symmetry elements of crystals, Symmetry elements of the normal classes of the Cubic. Tetragonal, Hexagonal, Orthorhombic and Monoclinic systems. Twinned crystals. Mineralogy – Principles of optics, Polarisation of light, Petrological Microscope, Construction of the Nicol Prism, Isotropic and anisotropic substances, Refractive index and birefringence, Interference colors, Pleochroism, Extinction and extinction angles. Physical, chemical and optical properties of the following groups of minerals – feldspar, pyroxene, amphibolite, olivine, mica and garnet, physical, chemical and optical properties of the following minerals – quartz, beryl calcite, tourmaline, apatite, sillimanite, magnetite, hematite, andalusite, and zircon. Petrology, Economic Geology, and Stratigraphy.
- Petrology: Rocks – their types and distinguishing characters, Igneous rocks – Magma, its composition, and crystallization. Magmatic, differentiation and assimilation. Bowen’s reaction principle, Modes of occurrence of igneous rocks. Structures and texture of igneous rocks. Classification of igneous rocks mineralogical and quasichemical. A brief description of the following rock types – Granitiaplite, rhyolite, gabbro, dolerite, basalt, granodiorite, diorite, trachyte, syenite, syenite and pegmatite. Sedimentary petrology – Sedimentary processes and product, An outline classification of the sedimentary rocks, Important sedimentary structure – bedding, current bedding graded bedding, ripple marks, and mud cracks. Types of sedimentary deposits – residual, chemical and transported, brief descriptions only. Petrographic description of the following rock types – sand-stone, greywacke, arkose, limestone, conglomerate, and marl. Metamorphic petrology – definition, types, and agents of metamorphism Distinguishing characters of metamorphic rocks, Depth zones of metamorphism. Grades of metamorphism, Regional metamorphism of argillaceous sediments. Petrographic description of the following rock types – Slate, Phyllite, Schist, Gneiss, Granulite, Marble, and Amphibolite.
- Economic Geology: Meaning of the term, Formation of Economic mineral deposits, Ore, ore minerals and gangue, Simple classification of one deposits, Brief study of the modes of occurrence, Origin, distribution in India and Economic uses of the following gold – Ores of iron, Manganese, Copper, Aluminium and Chromium and Muscovite, Sillimanite, Coal and Petroleum deposits, Limestone deposits of Assam and their use. Physical characters, chemical composition, occurrence and use of the following – graphite, diamond, pyrite chalcopyrite, chromite, sillimanite, asbestos, corundum, barite, dolomite, fluorspar, and Galena.
- Stratigraphy: Laws of stratigraphy, Classification of the rocks into Lithostratigraphic and Biostratigraphical. Absolute age, An outline geology of the Indian subcontinent, Study of the following with respect to their Lithology – fossil contents (if any) and economic importance Precambrian rocks of Kamataka. Vindhyans of the Sone Valley; Triassic of Spiti, Jurassic of catch and Cainozoic of Assam (NE India). Study of the following rock types from the Indian stratigraphy – Charnokite, Khondalite, Mylliem granite, Deccan traps and Sylhet traps.
APSC Combined Competitive Exam Prelims Indian History Syllabus 2017
- Ancient India: Indus Valley Civilisation – Origin, Extent and Principal features. Political, Social and Economic life of the Rigvedic, Aryans, Vedic Culture. Buddhism, Jainism, Bhagavatam, and Brahminism. Magadhan Ascendancy. Chandragupta Maurya and Ashoka: Maurya Administration, Downfall of the Maurya Empire. The Sungas, The Kansas, The Kushanas, The Sakas, The Satavahana. Samudra Gupta and Chandra Gupta-II, Gupta Golden Age. The Pushyabhuties, The Moukharis, The Kingdoms of Kamrupa and Gauda. The Chalukyas, The Pallavas, The Rastrakutas. The Rajputs and their different clans. The Tripartite struggle between Palas, Pratiharas and the Rastrakutas. The Arab invasion of Sind (India). Sultan Mahmud and Muhammad of Ghor.
- The Period of the Delhi Sultanate: The foundation of Muslim rule in India under the Slave dynasty Qutubuddin, Iltutmis and Raziya. The Khilijis and their bid for imperialism, Alauddin as conqueror and Administrator. Muhammad Bin Tagalog and Firuz Tughloq. The Bahmani and Vijoynagar Kingdoms of the South.
- Mughal Empire in India: India on the eve of Babur’s invasion. Mughal Afgan contest for Empire in India (1526, 1556). Akbar Character and achievement policy towards the Rajputs. Jahangir and Shahjahan. Aurangzeb’s character and policy relating with Rajputs, Marathas, and Sikhs. The decline of the Mughal Empire.
- Modern India: The advent of Europeans in India, Cause of British success and French failure. The East India Company. The Battle of Plassey and British Ascendancy in Bengal. Clive and Warren Hastings. Lord Cornwallis to Lord Hastings, Anglo-Maratha, and Anglo-Mysore relations. The Autonomous State of Assam and Punjab. Establishment of British Ascendancy under Wellesley and Lord Hastings. Lord Amherst to Dalhousie Expansion of British Dominion in the north-east and northwest (1824-1856). Revolt of 1957 Nature, Causes, and Effects. Lord Lytton Reactionary legislation. Lord Ripon Popular measures, Ilbert Bill, controversy. Political awakening and birth of Indian National Congress (1885), Programme and Method till 1907. Lord Curzon and partition of Bengal – effects, the rise of extremism in India. The Indian National Congress (1907-1914). The emergence of M.K. Gandhi in India, politics – World War-I and India, Non-Co-operation and Khilafat Movement. Constitutional developments and Round Table Conferences. Inauguration of Provincial Autonomy and Congress Ministries. World War-II and resignation of Congress Ministries. India’s National Struggle till the attainment of freedom, Cripps Mission, Quit India Movement, K.N.A. Cabinet Mission, Mount Batten Plan, the Indian Independence Act (1947).
APSC CCE Prelims Syllabus 2017 for Law
- Constitution Of India: Salient features of the Constitution of India, Preamble, Directive Principles of State Policy, Fundamental Rights, Centre-State Relation, Distribution of Legislative Powers, President of India – Position, Election and his powers Governor and Council of Ministers in a State, Protection of Civil Servants, Amendment of the Constitution, Sixth Schedule of the Constitution, Tenth Schedule of the Constitution.
- Indian Administrative Law: Nature and Scope of Administrative Law, Delegated Legislation, Judicial and Legislative Control, Writs – Certiorari Mandamus, Prohibition quo-warrant, Principles of Natural Justice, Ombudsmen – Lok Pal, Administrative Tribunals, Quasi-Judicial Authorities- Public Undertakings, Doctrine of Repugnancy, Doctrine of Pith and Substance.
- Law Of Torts: Nature and Scope of Law of Torts, Elements of Law of Torts, General Defence in an action of Torts, Trespass to person Negligence and contributory negligence, Remoteness of Damage Trespass to land, Nuisance – Strict liability, Vicarious liability, Remedies – Damages and other remedies.
APSC Combined Competitive Exam Prelims Mathematics Syllabus 2017
- Algebra: Algebra of sets – relations and functions, Group, sub-groups, cosets and their properties, Lagrange’s theorem on the order of a sub-group of a finite group, normal subgroups, cyclic groups, permutation groups, quotient groups, homomorphism and isomorphism of groups. Rings integral domains and fields, sub-rings and ideals, homomorphism and isomorphism of rings. Matrices of the field of real numbers, different types of matrices, I addition and scaler in multiplication of matrices of determinant of a square matrices, minor’s and co-factors, Jacoba’s theorem, transpose of matrix, adjoint matrix, reciprocal(inverse) matrix, singular and non-singular matrix multiplication of matrices and determinants, groups and rings of matrices, rank of a matrix, solution of a system of linear equations. Inequalities, Relation between roots and coefficient of a polynomial equation symmetric functions of roots, Cardon’s method of solution of the cubic. Convergence and divergence of sequences and series, comparison test and ratio test and Raabe’s test for convergence of infinite series.
- Calculus: Real-valued functions of a real variable, Bounds, limits, and continuity of function inverse functions, properties of continuous functions. Successive differentiation, Leibnitz’s theorem, Rolle’s theorem, Lagrange’s mean value theorem, Taylor’s and Maclaurin’s theorem with Language’s form of remainder indeterminate form. Functions of two or more variables, partial differentiation, Euler’s theorem on homogeneous functions, Maxima and Minima of a function of two variables. Standard integrals, Properties of definite integrals, Elementary idea of improper integrals. Tangents and normals, the curvature of plane curves, rectification of plane curve, quadrature, surfaces and volumes of solids of Revolution. Differential Equations, Formation of the differential equation, equations of 1st order and 1st degree, clairout’s form, linear equation of 2nd and higher orders with constant coefficients, complementary function and particular integrals in standard cases. Coordinate Geometry, Change of axes, Invariant part of straight lines, General equation of the second degree, Central and non-central conies, tangent, normal hoyd of contact, Pole polar, Polar equation of conic and equations of its chord, tangent and normal. Polar and cylindrical coordinates in three dimensions, S.D*. between two lines, sphere-cone, and cylinder.
- Vector’s: Triple product of Vectors with applications, Vector equations of lines, Planes spheres, Differentiation of Vector functions and simple applications.
- Trigonometry: De Mover’s theorem, Gregory’s series Expansion of sine and cosine function and Hyperbolic function.
APSC CCE Prelims Syllabus 2017 for Mechanical Engineering
- Statics: Simple applications of equilibrium equations.
- Dynamics: Simple applications of equations of motion, simple harmonic motion, work energy, power.
- Theory of Machines: Simple examples of links and mechanism, Classification of gears, standard gear tooth profiles wheel types of
- governors, static(s) and dynamic balancing, Simple examples of vibration of bars, Whirling of shafts.
- Mechanics of Solids: Stress, strain, Hook’s Law, elastic moduli, Bending moments and shearing force diagrams for beams, Simple bending, and torsion of beams, Spring, Thin-walled cylinders. Mechanical properties and material testing.
- Manufacturing Science: Mechanics of metal cutting tool life economics of machining cutting, tool materials. Basic, machining processes, types of machine tools, transfer lines. Shearing drawing spinning, rolling forging extrusion, Different types of casting and welding methods.
- Production Management(s): Method and time study, motion, economy and workspace design, operation and flow process charts, Product design and cost selection of manufacturing process, Break-even analysis, Site Selection, Plant layout, Materials handling the selection of equipment for job, Shop and mass production, Duling despatching, Routing.
- Thermodynamics: Heat, work, and temperature, First and Second laws of thermodynamics, Carnot Rankine, Otto, and Diesel-Cycles.
- Fluid Mechanics: Hydrostatics, Continuity equation, Bernoulli’s theorem, Flow through pipes, Discharge measurement, Laminar and Turbulent flow, Concept of the boundary layer.
- Heat Transfer: One-dimensional steady, state conduction through walls and cylinders, Fins, Concepts of thermal boundary layer, Heat transfer coefficient, Combined heat transfer, Coefficient, Heat ex-exchangers.
- Energy Conversion: Compression and spark ignition engineers, Compressors, Fans and Blowers, Hydraulic pumps and turbines, Thermal turbomachines, Boilers, Flow of steam through nozzles, Layout of power plants.
- Environmental: Refrigeration cycles, refrigeration equipment Control its operation and maintenance, Important refrigerants, Psychometrics comfort, Cooling, and dehumidification.
APSC Combined Competitive Exam Prelims Medical Science Syllabus 2017
- Human Anatomy: General Principles and the basic structural concept of the gross anatomy of the hip joint, hearts, stomach, lungs, spleen, kidneys, uterus, ovary and adrenal glands. Histological features of the parotid gland, bronchi, testis, skin, bone and thyroid gland, Gross anatomy of the thalamus, internal capsule, cerebrum, including their blood supply; functional localization in the cerebral cortex, cerebellum, spinal cord, eye, ear, throat, cranial nerves.
- Human physiology and biochemistry: Sensory receptors, reticular of function, cerebellum and basal ganglia.
- Reproduction: Regulation of function of male and female gonads.
- Cardiovascular system: Mechanical and electrical properties of the heart including ECG – regulation of cardiovascular functions.
- Gl system: Bilirubin metabolism, liver function tests.
- Haematology: Haemoglobin synthesis, abnormal hemoglobins.
- Respiration: Regulation of respiration, digestion, and absorption of fats, metabolism of carbohydrates.
- Renal Physiology: Tubular function, regulation of PH.
- Nucleic acids: RNA, DNA, genetic code and protein synthesis.
- Pathology and Microbiology: Principles of inflammation, principles of carcinogenesis and tumor spread, coronary heart disease, infective diseases of liver and gallbladder, pathogenesis of tuberculosis. The immune system, immunological and serological tests for collagen vascular disease. Etiology and laboratory diagnosis of diseases caused by Salmonella Vibrio Meningococcus and hepatitis virus. Life cycle and laboratory diagnosis of Entamoeba histolytica, malarial parasite, roundworm, and hookworm.
- Medicine: Protein-energy malnutrition. Medical management of Coma, cerebral vascular accidents, status asthmaticus, cardiopulmonary arrest, status epilepticus, acute renal failure. Clinical features, etiology and treatment of – Coronary heart disease, rheumatic heart disease, pneumonia, cirrhosis of the liver, amoebic liver abscess, peptic ulcer, pyelonephritis leprosy, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes mellitus, poliomyelitis meningitis, schizophrenia, STD, AIDS.
- Surgery: Principles of surgical management of severely injured and the process of fracture healing. Malignant tumors of the stomach and their surgical management, Signs, symptoms, investigation, and management of fractures of the femur, principles of pre-operative and post-operative care. Clinical manifestations, investigations, and management of Hydrocephalus, Buerger’s disease, appendicitis, benign prostatic hypertrophy, bronchogenic carcinoma, carcinoma breast, carcinoma, colon. Clinical manifestation, investigations and surgical management of – Intestinal obstruction, acute urinary retention, spinal injury, hemorrhagic shock, pneumothorax haematemesis.
- Preventive and Social Medicine: Principles of epidemiology, health care delivery. Concept and general principles of prevention of disease and promotion of health. National health programs, effects of environmental pollution on health, the concept of balanced diet family planning methods.
APSC CCE Prelims Syllabus 2017 for Philosophy
- General Philosophy(Western and Indian): Nature and Scope and Branches of Philosophy. Methods of Philosophy. Rationalism and Empiricism as theories of the origin of knowledge. The correspondence theory and the coherence theory of truth. Realism, Nave, and Scientific. Idealism – subjective and objective. Categories: Substances space-time and casualty. Proofs of the existence of God. Purusha, Prakriti, and causation.
- Logic: Logic as the study of reflective thinking. Laws of thought. Proposition – traditional and modern analysis, Traditional and modern classifications of propositions. Conversion, obversion, contraposition, and inversion. Structure, characteristics, definition, figures, mood and Rules of a categorical syllogism. Hypothetical and disjunctive syllogisms and dilemmas. Testing syllogism. Inductive inference and its relation to the deduction. Analogical Inference. Mill’s Inductive methods. Law of uniformity of nature and law of causation. Conditions, Verification and importance of Hypothesis in scientific inquiry.
- Psychology: Definition, Scope, and Utility of psychology. Introspection and experiment as methods of psychology. Nature, kinds and the water – Fechner Law of Sensations. Kinds of imagination – Imageless thinking. Conditions of memory and forgetting. Nature and grounds of belief. Analysis, kinds, and theories of emotion. Definition, conditions, and characteristics of attention. Nature of intelligence and intelligence quotient. Definition and theories of learning.
- Ethics and Social Philosophy: Definition and Scope of Ethics. Moral and non-moral action. Moral judgment and its object. Rigourism and different forms of hedonism. Theories of punishment. Nature and Scope of Social philosophy. The Social Nature of Man. The relation between individual and society. Family as a social institution. Religion as the cohesive social factor. Caste system and Varnasramadharma.
APSC Combined Competitive Exam Prelims Physics Syllabus 2017
- Newton’s Law of motion, force & impulse, Moment of Inertia, Radius of gyration, Theorem of perpendicular & parallel axes, Moment of Inertia of the road, cylinder, disc and sphere, Simple Harmonic Motion.
- Kepler’s Laws of planetary motion, Artificial satellites, Elasticity – Hooke’s law, Elastic Constants, Viscosity of fluids Pioseullie’s equation, Surface Tension, Angle of Contact, Velocity of sound.
- Effect of temperature & pressure on the velocity of sound, Vibration of string, Laws of transverse vibration, the Longitudinal vibration of strings, Stationery waves in strings and air-column.
- Combination of two lenses separated by a distance, Power of a lens, Spherical aberration and chromatic aberration, Interference of light, Determination of wavelength by a Biprism, Colours of thin films. Newton’s rings, Diffraction of light, Fresnel class and Fraunhofer class of diffraction. A diffraction grating, the Dispersive power of grating, Zone plate, Polarisation of light, Production, and analysis of polarised light, Nicol prism, Circular and Elliptical polarisation, Rotation of plane of polarisation, Scattering of light – color of the sky.
- Measurement of temperature, Maximum and Minimum, Thermometer, Measurement of high temperature and low temperature. Expansion of solids and liquids, Coefficients of linear and cubical expansion, Apparent and absolute expansion of a liquid. Expansion of gases, Gas laws, Coefficient of increase of pressure at constant volume, Coefficient in the increase of volume at constant pressure. Calorimetry.
- Two specific heats of gases. Change of state, Latent heat of fusion and vaporization, Kinetic theory of gases, Perfect gas laws, Root mean square velocity, Relation between heat and work, First law of square dynamics, Second Law of thermodynamics, Carnot’s cycle, Clausius and Clapeyron’s equation, Heat Engines, Petrol Engine, Diesel Engine.
- Ohm’s Law (Electricity and Magnetism) Kirchhoff’s Laws, Application of Kirchhoff’s Laws, Platinum Resistance, Thermometer – temperature, measurement, Thermo-electricity, Peltier and Thomson effect, Thermocouples and measurement of temperature, Chemical effects of current, Electrolysis, Electromagnetic, Induction, Self and Mutual Induction. Varying currents, Growth, and Decay of currents, Energy stored up in a circuit. Alternating current, Virtual current, R.M.S. value of current, Peak value of current, virtual volt, Impedance, Reactance, Wattles’s current.
- Cathode Rays, Velocity and e/m of the electron, Millikan’s oil drop experiment CRT, X-rays production and properties, Application of X-rays, Bohr’s theory of hydrogen spectra, Photo-electric effect and Einstein’s explanation, Radioactivity, Decay constant, Half-life, Mean life, Isobar, and Isotopes, Cyclotron. Electromagnetic radiation, Valves – Diode and Triode, Amplification factor, Rectifiers, Zeeman effect, Raman effect, Cosmic Rays.
APSC CCE Prelims Syllabus 2017 for Political Science
- Nature and scope of political science, its relationship with other social sciences.
- Origin of the State – Social Contract Theory and Evolutionary Theory.
- Functions of the State – Leissex Faire and Socialistic. Theories – Welfare State.
- Democracy and Dictatorship.
- Sovereignty – Characteristics and kinds.
- Law – Liberty, and Equality.
- Basic features of the Indian Constitution.
- Indian Parliament – Executive and Judiciary.
- Governor and Chief Minister of an Indian State.
- Present Local Self-Government in Assam.
- Union Public Service Commission and State Public Service Commission.
- Constitutions of U.K. and U.S.A.
- The Organs of the U.N.
APSC Combined Competitive Exam Prelims Psychology Syllabus 2017
- Nature and Scope of Psychology, Applied fields of Psychology, Methods of Psychology.
- Nervous System – Central and autonomic nervous system, Localisation of functions in the brain.
- Genetic and environmental factors in human development, Nature and nature.
- Sensory processes – Structure and functions of the human eye. Structure and functions of the human ear.
- Perceptual processes – Selectivity of perception, Perceptual constancies, Organization and perception, Depth perception, Movement perception, Role of experience in perception.
- Principles of learning, Classical and operant conditioning, Cognitive learning, learning by modeling.
- Verbal learning and memory, Input, Storage and retrieval of information, Forgetting.
- Nature of motivation. Concepts of needs drives, incentives and arousal, Biological and another factor of motivation.
- Nature of frustration, Reactions to frustration, Defence mechanisms, and adjustment.
- Group behaviors, Group dynamics, Leadership, Roles, and expectation.
- Behaviour disorders, Psychoneuroses, Psychosomatic disorders, Personality disorders.
- Tests for measuring individual differences – Stanford Binet test, Differential aptitude test, Minnesota Multiphasic inventory.
APSC CCE Prelims Syllabus 2017 for Sociology
- Nature, Scope, and Methods of Sociology.
- Basic concepts Society, Community, Institutions, Associations, Folkways, Mores, Norms, Value, Status, Role, Social Structure and Functions, Social Systems and Social Organisation.
- Social Groups Concepts of Primary, Secondary and Reference groups. Marriage, Family, and Kinship. Types and Functions Changes.
- Religion Meaning and Origin, Functions and place of religion in modern society.
- Social Stratification Caste, Class and Estate, Functional and conflict explanations, Social mobility – Concept and pattern.
- Social Processes Conflicts, Cooperation and Competition assimilation.
- Culture, Concept, Elements of Culture, Culture and Civilization, Cultural Lag, Culture and Personality, Cultural relativism, Factors and Theories of Cultural Changes.
- Social Control Meaning Agencies, Custom, Law, and Religion.
- Special Change Meaning, Patterns of Change, Factors of Change, Technological and Cultural.
APSC Combined Competitive Exam Prelims Zoology Syllabus 2017
- General characters and classification of non-chordates (up to classes) and chordates (up to order) of the following: Protozoa, Porifera, Coelenterata, Platyhelminthes, Nemathel-minthes, Annelida, Arthropod Mollusca, Echinodermata, and Chordata.
- Anatomical structures and their functions and life history of the following types: Paramecium, Plasmodium, Euglena, Entamoeba, Sycon, Obelia, Liver, Fluke, Ascaris, Leech, Nereis, Prawn, Cock-roach, Pila, Union, Starfish, Amphioxus, Scoliodon, Toad, Calotecs, Pigeon, and Rat.
- Structure of an animal cell, Structure and function of cell organelles, Mitosis and Meiosis cell division.
- Biotic and abiotic factors, Eco-system, Food chain, Pollution in the air, water and land.
- Wildlife of India with special reference to N.E. India. endangered species.
- Comparative study of integument, Pectoral and pelvic girdles heart and the urinogenital system of vertebrates.
- Beneficial and harmful insects, Life history and culture of Eri, Muga and Honey Bee.
- Nucleic acid and biosynthesis of protein.
- Mendelian Laws of inheritance, Linkage, and crossing over mutation.
- Evidence and theories of evolution.
- Fossil and fossil dating.
- Nature and function of enzymes.
- Physiology of digestion, respiration, and excretion of a mammal.
- The composition of blood, blood grouping in man and coagulation of blood.
- Histophysiology of pancreas, pituitary and thyroid glands.
- Fertilization, cleavage and gastrulation.
- Formation of Foetal membranes in chick and mammals.
- Zoogeographical realms of the world and its fauna.
- The concept of species and sub-species, Binomial nomenclature and international code.
APSC CCE Prelims Syllabus 2017 for Statistics
- Probability: Event and sample space, Classical and axiomatic definition of probability, Total and compound probability – theories with examples, Conditional probability, Statistical independence, Bayes theorem, Random variables discrete and continuous probability, mass functions, and probability density function, Distribution function, Expectation of sum and product of independent random variables, Tchebychaff’s inequality, Weak law of large number, Simple form of central limit theorem, Bernoulli theorem, Binomial, Poison, Normal exponential, Uniform, Gamma, Beta, Distributions, Moment generating and probability generating functions. Standard error, the Sampling distribution of mean from a normal universe, the Sampling distribution of t, X2 & F and their interrelation and tests of significance based on them, S.E. of functions of statistics, Independence of attributes by X2 test.
- Statistical Methods: Classification, tabulation and graphical representation of statistical data, Statistical population, Random sample, Various frequency curves, Measures of location and dispersion, Raw moments, central moments and cumulants, Sheppard’s correction for moments and cumulants, Skewness and Kurtosis, Measures of association and contingency, Correlation and progression involving two variable, Rank correlation & fittings of polynomial by the method of least squares.
- Statistical Inference: Properties of estimates – consistency, unbiasedness efficiency and sufficiency, Maximum likelihood and Minimum X2 methods of estimation. Two types of errors in the testing of hypothesis, power function, Idea of the confidence interval, Run test, Sign, test and Kolmogorov test.
- Sampling theory and Design of Experiments: Principles of sampling, frames and sampling, units sampling and non-sampling errors, Simple random stratified random sampling, and systematic sampling Drawing of simple random samples. Analysis of variance with the equal number of observation per cell in one and two-way classifications, Concept of local control in CRD, RBD and LSD designs, Missing plot design(with observation missing), Factorial experiments – 22 & 23 & confounding.
- The Series and quantitative economics: Concept of Time-series, Additive and multiplicative models of time series, Components of time-series, trend and its measurement. Definition, construction, interpretation and limitations models of index numbers, Uses of index numbers, Criteria of good index numbers, cost of living index numbers. Theory and analysis of consumers demand, Demand and Supply functions, Elasticity of demand and supply, Engel’s Law, Pareto Law of income, distribution, concentration curve.
- Demography and Educational Statistics: Demographic data – Scope and limitation of vital rates, Crude fertility, Specific fertility, Gross and net reproduction rates and standardized rates, Population projection, Growth Curves. Scaling of test items, Scores, Standard scores, Normal scores, T.C. and X Scaling, Percentile Scale, Reliability and Validity of test, Index of reliability and validity.
We hope that this information is enough for the all the candidates who had applied for the different posts. Candidates have any doubts can leave a comment in the below section. Bookmark our website www.allindiajobs.in for further updates.