The candidates who had clear the Prelims Exam are in search of Mains Syllabus. For that purpose, we had provided APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017 along with Assam PSC Exam Pattern in this article. Aspirants will get the subjects, topics, and sub-topics on every subject in a neat manner. So that the applicants can get the subject wise syllabus from this article without any confusion. The candidates who had clear the Prelims Exam don’t take rest because of the Mains Exam is very difficult and tricky when compared to the Prelims Exam. So the candidates can start your Preparation after getting the Prelims Examination results. Contenders don’t waste your valuable time without any delay. The candidates can check the Assam Public Service Commission official website @ apsc.nic.in for more information.
APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017
The APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017 is available in this article. There is a vast Syllabus for Mains Examination when compared to the Prelims Exam. So the candidates need to do more hard work for the Mains Exam without any delay. For the sake of aspirants, we had also arranged the Exam Pattern along with Syllabus. The contenders can grab this information without wasting your precious time. In the below sections we had clearly explained the Exam Pattern in an understandable manner. Candidates can read the complete article thoroughly and start your preparation for the written examination. The contenders can check our website frequently for more updates about this article.
APSC CCE Mains Exam Pattern
|Type of Exam||Paper||Subject Name||Total Marks||Time Duration|
|Multiple Choice Questions||Paper I||General English||300 Marks||3Hrs|
|Paper II||General Studies||300 Marks||3Hrs|
(Paper A & Paper B)
|Select Any Two Optional Subjects||200 Marks||3Hrs|
(Paper A & Paper B)
|Select Any Two Optional Subjects||200 Marks||3Hrs|
- There will be four papers.
- Papers I is a General English, and Paper II is a General Studies.
- The paper I and Paper II contains 300 Marks (each)and the time limit is 3Hrs(each).
- Paper III contains two papers(Paper A and Paper B)and it is an optional subject selected by the candidates from the list of optional subjects.
- Paper IV also contains two papers(Paper A & Paper B) and it is also an optional subject selected by the candidates from the list of optional subjects
- Paper III and Paper IV will carry 400 Marks (each) and the time limit is 6Hrs(each).
- There will be Interview for 200 Marks.
The Optional Subjects are given below:
- Animal Husbandry & Vety Science
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Modern Languages and Literature & Classical Language (anyone only): Assamese, Bengali, English, Hindi, Arabic, Persian, Sanskrit, Bodo
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Science
- Political Science
Candidates have not selected the following combinations of the optional subjects from the above list of the optional subjects:
- Anthropology & Sociology
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Philosophy & Psychology
- Agriculture & Animal Husbandry & Vety Science
- The Engineering subjects not select more than one subject.
APSC CCE Mains Selection Process
- The candidates who have clear the Prelims Exam with qualifying marks will promote to the Mains Exam.
- After that Mains Exam, they will get a call for the Personal Interview.
- The Personal Interview will be conducted by the Assam Public Service Commission officers.
- The final result will be announced by the Assam Public Service Commission authorities based on the candidate performance in Mains Exam and Interview.
APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017
The candidates can get the APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017 in this section. For the sake of contenders, we are also providing the optional subjects syllabus. So the aspirants don’t waste your valuable time for searching can start your preparation now onwards by using the below syllabus.
APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017 for General Studies:
- Indian Polity
- Indian Culture
- Political System in India
- Planning Process in India
- Ancient and Modern history of India
- Current events of National and International events
- Role and impact of Science and Technology in India
- Indian Economy and Geography of India and Assam
APSC CCE Mains General English Syllabus 2017:
- Essay Writing
- Precis on unseen passage
- Comprehension and Expression
- Correction of common error
- Usages of Vocabulary
- Test of the ability of the candidates to write the substance in correct and precise language avoiding the inessential points.
APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017 for Agriculture Paper – I:
- Ecology and its relevance to man, natural resources, their management and conservation, Physical and Social environment as factors of crop distribution and production. Climatic elements as factors of crop growth impact of changing environments, Environmental pollution and associated hazards to crops, animals, and humans.
- Cropping patterns in different agro-climatic zones of the county, Impact of high-yielding patterns, Concepts of multiple cropping, Multi-story, Relay and intercropping and their importance in relation to food production, package of practices for production of important cereals, Pulses, Oilseed, Fibre, Sugar and Commercial crops grown during Kharif and Rabi seasons in different regions of the country.
- Important features, scope, and propagation of various types of forestry plantations, such as extension / social forestry, agroforestry, and natural forests.
- Weeds- their characteristics, dissemination, and association with various crops, their multiplications, cultural, biological and chemical control of weeds.
- Processes and factors of soil formation, Classification of Indian soils including modern concepts, Mineral and Organic constituents of soils and their role in maintaining soil productivity problem, Soils extent and distribution in India and their reclamation, Essential Plant nutrient and other beneficial elements in soils and plants — their occurrence, factors affecting their distributions, functions and cycling in soil, Symbiotic and nonsymbiotic nitrogen fixation, Principles of soil fertility and its evaluation for judicial fertilizer use.
- Soil conservation planning on a watershed basis, Erosion, and runoff management in hilly, foothills and valley lands, processes factors affecting them, Dryland agriculture and its problems, Technology for stabilizing agriculture production in the rainfed agriculture area.
- Water use efficiency in relation to crop production criteria or scheduling irrigations, ways and means of reducing runoff losses of irrigation water, Drainage of waterlogged soils.
- Farm management, scope importance, and characteristics, Farm planning and budgeting, Economics of different types of farming systems.
- Marketing and pricing of agricultural inputs and outputs, Price fluctuations and their cost, Role of cooperatives in the agricultural economy, Types, and system of farming and factors affecting them.
- Agricultural extension, its importance and role, Methods evaluation of extension programmes, Socialeconomic survey and status of big, small and marginal farmers and landless agricultural laborers, The farm mechanization and its role in agricultural production and rural employment, Training programmes for extension workers, Lab to land programmes.
APSC CCE Mains Agriculture Paper II Syllabus 2017:
- Heredity and variation, Mendel’s Law of Inheritance, the chromosomal theory of inheritance, Cytoplasmic inheritance, Sex-linked, Sex influenced and Sex-limited characters. Spontaneous and induced mutations, Quantitative characters.
- Origin and domestication of field crop, Morphology patterns of variations in varieties and related species of important field crops, Causes, and utilization of variations in crop improvement.
- Application of the principles of plant breeding to the improvement of major field crops, Methods of breeding of self and crosspollinated crops, Introductions, selection, hybridization, Heterosis and its exploitation, Male sterility, and self-incompatibility, Utilization of Mutation and Polyploidy in breeding.
- Seed technology and importance, production, processing, and testing of seeds of Crop plants, Role of National and State seed organizations in production, Processing and marketing of improved seeds.
- Physiology and its significance in agriculture, Nature, Physical properties and chemical constitution of protoplasm, Imbibition surface tension, Diffusion and osmosis, Absorption and translocation of water, Transpiration and water economy.
- Enzymes and plant pigments, photosynthesis, modern concepts and factors affecting the process, Aerobic and anaerobic respiration.
- Growth and development. Photo periods and vernalization Auxim, Hormones and other plant regulators and their mechanism of action and importance in agriculture.
- Climatic requirements and cultivation of major fruits, Plans and vegetable crops, the package of practices and the scientific basis for the same, Handling and marketing problems of fruits and vegetables, Principal methods of preservations, important fruits and vegetables products, Processing techniques and equipment. Role of fruits and vegetable in human nutrition. Land scape and floriculture including raising of ornaments plants and design and layout of lawns and gardens.
- Diseases pests of field, vegetable, orchard and plantation crops of India and measures to control these, Causes and Classification of plant diseases, Principles of plant disease control including exclusion, eradication, immunization and protection, Biological control of pests and disease, Integrated management of pests and disease, Pesticides and their formulations, Plant protection equipment — their care and maintenance.
- Strong pests of cereals and pulses, Hygiene of storage godowns, Preservation and remedial measure.
- Food production and consumption trends in India, National and International food policies, Procurement, distribution, Processing and production constraints, Relation of food production to national dietary pattern, Major deficiencies of calorie and protein, Animal husbandry and Veterinary Science.
APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017 for Anthropology Paper – I:
- Introduction to Physical Anthropology
- Definition and Scope of Physical Anthropology.
- A general study of the animal skeleton.
- Human Evolution
- The general principal of organic evolution. Lamarckism and the DarwinismGeneral idea of human evolution. Fossil evidence of human evolution.
- A general study of the following fossil types.
- Elements of Genetics and Race
- Elementary knowledge of Genetics and Heredity.
- Biological basis of inheritance cell, Chromosome, gene, cell dives. Mendel’s law of Inheritance
- Definition and genetic concept of race, Principal criteria for racial classification
- Role of heredity and environment in the formation of races. Major groups of human races, their characteristics and distribution
- Racial, Elements in India, Racial elements in North East India.
- Prehistory Definition, aims, and scope of prehistory. Geological time scale. Climatic fluctuation during the Pleistocene period—glacial and interglacial, pluvial and interpluvial periods.
- Relative and absolute methods of dating.
- Prehistoric tool types and technology, tool families.
- Palaeolithic cultures, the main division of European and Indian Paleolithic cultures and their distinctive features, including chronological sequence.
- A brief outline of the post Pleistocene Mesolithic culture development in Europe.
- Characteristics of Neolithic culture and economy; Neolithic tool types and industries,
- Neolithic economic patterns- domestication of plants and animals.
- A brief introduction of Metal Age.
APSC CCE Mains Anthropology Paper – II Syllabus 2017:
- Social Anthropology Scope of Social Anthropology and its relationship with other branches of anthropology and other disciplines(e.g. sociology, political, science, history, linguistics). Uses and applications of social anthropology- a brief introduction.
- The concept of a society, basic features of human society, characteristic features of folk / primitive society.
- Social institutions, Marriage – Definition, forms (monogamy and polygamy) Regulation(exogamy and endogamy), rules of residence after marriage, preferential marriage (cousin marriage, sororate, levirate filial inheritance), ways of acquiring mates, marriage payments (bride price and down).
- Family – Definition, types functions.
- Kinship – Terminology, usages, and behaviourpatterns.
- Unilateral descent groups (lineage and clan) Definitions, types, functions.
- Cultural Anthropology Concept of culture in anthropology – meaning and definitions, material and nonmaterial culture, culture and society (the relationship between the two concepts), culture are learned (enculturation/socialization).
- Material culture and subsistence economic pursuits of primitive peoples—gathering, hunting, fishing, pastoralism, agriculture (including shifting cultivation).
- Culture change—culture contact and acculturations, evolution and diffusion (a brief and general idea).
- Religion in Primitive/Nonliterate Societies Definition and concept of religion in primitive society. Magic – different types of magic, Relation between magic and religion, Divination, spell and prayer.
- A general outline of Animatism, Animism, Fetishism, Taboo, Man Tourism.
- Indian Society and Regional Ethnography of North East India.
- The concepts of tribe and caste. A brief outline of tribal populations of India.
- The caste system in India-salient features, changing aspects of caste in India.
- Introduction to North East India–the area and its distinctive tribal populations(their general) pattern of distribution and important socioeconomic characteristics.
- A Study of material culture and socialeconomic life of any one of the following Scheduled Tribes of Assam.The Missing (Miri), The Karbi (Mikir), The Tiwa (Lalung), The Dimasa, The Bodo Kachari.
APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017 for Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science Paper – I:
- Animal Nutrition, Energy Sources, energy metabolism and requirements for maintenance and production of milk, meat, eggs and work, Evaluation of feeds and sources of energy.
- Advanced studies in Nutrition-Protein- sources of protein metabolism and synthesis, protein quantity, and quality in relation to requirements, Energy protein ratios in the ration.
- Advanced studies in Nutrition Minerals-Sources, functions, requirements and their relationship of the basic mineral nutrients including trace elements.
- Vitamins, Hormones, and Growth stimulating substances, Sources, functions, requirements, and interrelationship with minerals.
- Advanced Ruminant NutritionDairy, CattleNutrients and their metabolism with reference to milk production and its composition.
- Nutrients requirements for calves heifers dry and milking cows and buffaloes.
- Limitations of various feeding system.
- Advanced NonRuminant Nutrition PoultryNutrients and their metabolism with reference to poultry, meat and egg product. Nutrients requirements and feed formulation and broilers at different ages.
- Advanced NonRuminant Nutrition Swine-Nutrients and the metabolism with special reference to growth and quality of meat production, Nutrient requirements, and feed formulation for baby growing and finishing pigs.
- Advanced Applied Animal Nutrition-Critical review and evaluation of feeding experiments, Digestibility and balance studies, Feeding standards and measures of feed energy, Nutrition requirements for growth maintenance and production, Balanced rations.
- Animal physiology, Growth and Animal production Prenatal and postnatal, growth maturation, growth curves, measures of growth factors affecting growth conformation, body composition meat quality.
- Milk production and Reproduction and Digestion-Current status of hormonal control of mammary, development milk secret and milk ejection composition of milk of cows and buffaloes.
- Male and female reproduction organs, their components and function, Digestive organs and their functions.
- Environmental Physiology-Physiological relations and their regulation, mechanisms of adoption, environmental factors and regulatory mechanism involved in animal behavior, methods and controlling climatic stress.
- Semen quality, preservation and Artificial insemination components of semen, composition of spermatozoa chemical and physical properties of ejaculated semen, factors, affecting, semen, preservation composition of diluents. Sperm concentration transports of diluted semen. Deep Freezing techniques in cows, sheep and goats, swine poultry.
- Livestock Production and Management, Commercial Dairy Farming-Comparison of dairy farming in India with advanced countries.
- Dairying under mixed farming and as a specialized farming. Economic dairy farming, Starting of the dairy farm, Capital, and land requirement.
- Organisation of the dairy farm.
- Procurement of goods, Opportunities in diary farming factors determining the efficiency of dairy animal Herd recording, budgeting cost of milk production, Pricing policy, Personnel Management.
- Feeding practices of dairy cattle-Developing practical and economic ration for dairy cattle, Supply of greens throughout the year, Field and fodder requirements of dairy farm, Feeding regimes for day and young stock and bulls, heifers and breeding animals new trends in feeding young and adult stock Feeding records.
- General problems of sheep, goat pigs and poultry management.
- Feeding of animals under drought conditions.
- Milk Technology, Organization of milk procurement, Collection and transport of raw milk.
- Quality testing and grading raw milk, Quality storage grade of shole milk, Skimmed milk and cream.
- Processing, packaging, storing, distribution, marketing defects and their control and nutritive properties of the following milks-Pasteurized standardized toned, double toned sterilized homogenized reconstituted filed and flavored milk.
- Preparation of cultured milk, cultures and their management, Vitamin D soft curd acidified and other special milk.
- Legal standards, Sanitation requirement for clean and safe milk for the milk plant equipment.
APSC CCE Mains Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science Paper – II Syllabus 2017:
- Genetics and Animal breeding probability applied to Mendelian inheritance, Hardy Weinberg Law.
- Concept and measurement of in breeding and heterozygosity, Wrights approach in contract to Malecots Estimation of parameters and measurements, Fisher’s theorem of natural selection, polymorphism.
- Polygenic systems and inheritance of quantitative traits, Casual components of variation.
- Biometrical models and covariance between relatives. The theory of Pathooefficient applied to the quantitative genetic analysis. Heritability, Repeatability and Selection models.
- Population Genetics applied to animal Breeding-Population Vs individual and population size and factors changing it. Gene numbers and their estimation in farm animals, gene frequency and zygotic frequency and forces changing them, mean and variance approach to equilibrium under different situations subdivision of phenotypic variance, estimation of additive, non additive genetic and environmental variances in Animal population, Mendelism and blending inheritance, Genetic nature of differences between species, races, breeds and other subspecific grouping and the grouping and the origin of group of differences resemblance between relatives.
- Breading Systems : Heritability repeatability genetics and environmental correlations, methods of estimation and the precision of estimates of animal data, Review of biometrical relations between relatives. Mating systems inbreeding outbreeding and uses phenotypic assertive mating aids to selections, Family structure of animal populations under nonrandom mating systems, Breeding for threshold traits. Selection index its precision, General and specific combining ability. Choices of affective breeding plans. Different types of methods of selection, their effectiveness and limitations, selection indices construction of selection in retrospect evaluation of genetic gains though selection correlated response in animal experimentations.
- Approach to the estimation of general and specific combining ability, Dilate fractional delete crosses reciprocal recurrent selection inbreeding and hybridization.
- Health and Hygiene, Anatomy of Ox and Fowl, Histological technique, freezing paraffin embedding etc.
- Preparation and staining of blood films. Common histological stains, Embryology of a cow.
- Physiology of blood and its circulation, respiration, excretion, endocrine glands in health and disease.
- General knowledge of pharmacology and therapeutics of drugs.
- VetyHygienes with respect to water, air, and habitation.
- Most common cattle and poultry diseases, their mode of infection, prevention and treatment etc. Immunity General principles and problems of meat inspecting jurisprudence of Vet practice, Milk Hygiene.
- Milk Product Technology, Selection of raw materials assembling, production, processing, storing distributing and marketing, Milk products such as Butter, Ghee, Khoa, Chana Cheese. Condensed evaporated died milk and baby foods, Ice cream and Kulfi, by-products whey products, butter, milk, lactose and casein, Testing, Grading Judging milk products– ISI and Agmark specifications, legal standard quality control nutritive properties, Packaging, processing and operational control costs.
- Meat Hygiene, Zoonosis Diseases transmitted from animals to man.
- Duties and role of Veterinarians in a slaughter house to provide meat that is produced under ideal hygiene conditions.
- Byproducts from the slaughter house and their economic utilization.
- Methods of collection preservation and processing of hormonal glands for medicinal use.
- Extension Different methods adopted to educate farmers under rural conditions.
- Utilisation of fallen animals for profit extension education etc.
- Define Tarsem, Different possibilities and methods to provide selfemployment to educated youth under rural conditions.
- Cross breeding as a method of upgrading the local cattle.
APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017 for Botany Paper I:
- Cryptogams Algae
APSC CCE Mains Botany Paper II Syllabus 2017:
- Cytogenetics and Plant Breeding
- Economic Botany
APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017 for Chemical Engineering Paper I:
- Chemical Technology(Organic)
- Chemical Engineering(Thermodynamics)
- Chemical Reaction Engineering
- Mechanical Operations
APSC CCE Mains Chemical Engineering Paper II Syllabus 2017:
- Instrumentation And Process Control
- Mass Transfer Operations
- Heat Transfer Operations
APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017 for Civil Engineering Paper I:
- Theory and Design of Structures: Moving loads, Steal Design, R. C. Design.
- Theory Principles of superposition, reciprocal theorem, unsymmetrical bending
- Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulic Engineering
- Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering
APSC CCE Mains Civil Engineering Paper II Syllabus 2017:
- Building Constructions
- Railways and Highways Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering
- Sanitation and Water Supply
APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017 for Chemistry Paper I:
- Wave-Particle Duality
- Nature of Chemical Bonding
- Gaseous State of Matter
- Chemical Thermodynamics I
- Chemical thermodynamics II
- Properties of Liquids and Solids
- Systems of variable composition
- The Ideal Solution and the Colligative properties
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Phenomena
APSC CCE Mains Chemistry Paper II Syllabus 2017:
- Structure of the Atom
- Periodic Laws and Periodic Properties of Elements
- Acids and Bases
- Metals and nonmetals
- Complex and double Salts
- The Chemistry of Carbon Compounds
- Derivative of Hydrocarbons
- Carbohydrate, Proteins Dyes and Polymers
APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017 for Commerce And Accountancy Paper I:
- Accounting, Auditing and Taxation
- Business, Finance and Financial Institution
- Provision of The Ngotiable Instrument Act 1881
APSC CCE Mains Commerce And Accountancy Paper II Syllabus 2017:
- Organization Theory
- Industrial Relation
APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017 for Computer Science Paper I:
- Formal Languages and Automata Theory, Finite state machines, push down automata, Finite automata, context free language, context sensitive language, Turing machine, Decision question and undecided problems.
- Computer Organisation, Functional components, CPU design, Memory organisation and I/O organisation.
- Operating Systems, Process management, Memory management, File management I/O management.
- Software Engineering, Life cycle model, function-oriented design, object-oriented design, User interface design, coding and Testing, software requirement, project management, software reliability, and Maintenance.
APSC CCE Mains Computer Science Paper II Syllabus 2017:
- Data Structures, Continuous and Non-continuous data structures, Dynamic storage allocations, File organisation techniques.
- The principle of Programming Languages, Various programming paradigms, syntax, semantics, Block structure, Scooping, Binding, Object-oriented programming, Functional programming, Logic and concurrent programming.
- Database Management, Concept, Data independence, Different models, storage organisation, query languages, Normal forms, Decomposition, Security, concurrency, Recovery.
- Data communication and computer Networks, Basics of digital communication, Network architecture, physical layer, Medium access protocols, Data-link layer, Network layer, Transport layer and Application layer.
APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017 for Economics Paper I:
- Principles of Economics and theory of Money: Price mechanism, Demand and supply, Law of Demand. Marshallian Utility analysis indifference curve analysis, laws of returns, Economics of scale, Cost and cost curves, supply curves of firm and industry, price output determination under perfect competition, monopoly and monopolistic competition, pricing of factors of production, rent, wages, interest and profit, trade cycles and unemployment. National income estimate. Difficulties in its measurement. Money, origin nature and functions of money, supply of money, Price level, index numbers construction and uses.
- The quantity theory of money, Transactions and cash balance Approach Inflation and deflation heir control, commercial banks and Central bank credit creation power and function of the Central Bank Monetary policy. Objectives Foreign exchange determination of the rate of exchange.
APSC CCE Mains Economics Paper II Syllabus 2017:
- Finance and Indian Economics Problems: Nature and scope of Public Finance, Public finance and private finance sources of public revenues. Tax and NonTax sources, Direct and indirect taxes. Effects of taxation on production and Distribution, Burden of taxation, incidence of taxation good tax system, Taxable capacity, public expenditure and debts, their effects on production and employment. Repayment of public debt, burdens of public debt.
- Indian economy its features and characteristic, Trends of national income during the plan periods, problems of population, its effect on Economic development and unemployment, Agricultural production and policy, land reforms and technological changes, problems of industrial development, sources of industrial finance, role of logic sector
- industries pricing system and problems, control and management small-scale industries, problem and measures of improvement. Reserve Bank of India, Its control over money
- market, commercial Banks, its role after nationalization in Indian Economy. Foreign trade and balance of payments. Price problems and measures for control. Aims, objectives, Strategy, and problems of recent five-year plans.
APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017 for Education Paper I:
- Meaning, definition, and scope of education, Aims individual, social, liberal, vocational and Harmonious development of education, Aims of education in a democracy.
- School and community, their relations, functions, and responsibilities.
- Curriculum, Definition, and types of curricula, defects of present curriculum, principles of curriculum construction, Importance of correlation of studies. Cocurricular activities
- types and their values in education.
- Freedom and discipline Importance of freedom in education, Freediscipline, the relation between freedom and discipline. Discipline meaning types and its importance, Reward
- and punishment.
- Teacher qualities of a teacher, importance of his personality, Functions of the teacher in school. Material education needed for teaching.
- Theories of play play methods in education.
- Education for international understanding and national integration.
- Psychology is meaning, scope, and definition, its importance in education, Methods of educational psychology.
- Physical basis of mental life. Importance of sensation, perception, and conception.
- Adolescence its significance and problems.
- Emotions and instincts their importance in education, Importance of needs, drives, and motives.
- Learning its meaning and importance, laws of learning, efficiency in learning.
- Image and imagination, its importance in education.
- Memory meaning and types of memory, the cause of forgetting, attention and its relation to interest.
- Intelligence meaning and nature.
- Statistics in education, calculation of mean, medium and mode, standard deviation and quartile deviation, Coefficient of correlation by rank difference methods.
APSC CCE Mains Education Paper II Syllabus 2017:
- Charter Act of 1813.
- Anglicist classicist controversy Macaulay’s minute and Lord Bentinck’s resolution of 1835.
- Wood’s Despatch of 1854 and its effects on Indian education.
- Indian Education Commission of 1882, primary and secondary education.
- Lord Curzon’s educational policy, Primary, Secondary, and University education.
- Gokhale’s Bill on primary education resolution of 1913.
- Hartog committees report of 1929.
- Wardha Scheme of Education 1937, its implementation in India.
- Primary education Act of Assam 1926, problems in the Universalisation of primary education in Assam.
- Adult education problems in the implementation, education programme objectives and Aims of NAEP.
- Women education importance, problems in the implementation of the education programmes for the women their solution.
APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017 for Electrical Engineering Paper I:
- Network: Steady state analysis of d.c. and a.c. networks, network theorems, Matrix Algebra, network functions, transient response, frequency response, Laplace transform, Fourier series and Fourier transform, frequency spectral plezero concept, elementary network synthesis, Statics and Magnetics. Analysis of electrostatics and magnetostatic fields Laplace and Poisson Equations, solution of boundary value problems. Maxwell’s equations, electromagnetic wave propagations ground and space waves, propagation between earth station satellites.
- Measurement: Basic methods of measurements, standards, error analysis, indication instrument cathode ray oscilloscope, measurement of voltage current, power, resistance, inductances, capacitance, time, frequency and flux, electronic meters.
- Electronics: Vacuum and semiconductor devices, equivalent circuits transistor parameters determination of current and voltage gain and input and output impedances biasing techniques, single and multistage, audio and ratio small signal and large signal amplifiers and their analysis, Feedback amplifiers and oscillators, wave shaping circuits and time base generators, analysis of different types of multi vibrator and their uses; digital circuits. Generation of e.m.f. m.m.f and torque in rotating machines, motor and generator characteristics of d.c. synchronous and induction machines equivalent circuits, commutation parallel operation, phasor diagram and equivalent circuits of the power transformer, determination of performance and efficiency, auto-transformer, 3 phase transformers.
APSC CCE Mains Electrical Engineering Paper II Syllabus 2017:
- Control Systems
- Industrial Electronics
- Electrical Machines
- Communication systems
- D.C. Amplifiers
APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017 for Electronics Paper I:
- Electronics Device: Device physics, Diodes, BJTS and MOSFETs, Integrated Circuits Fabrication techniques. Diffusion related processes, ion implantation, photolithography, metallization and crystal growth. Circuit layout on silicon.
- Electronics Circuits: Design and analysis of bipolar circuits. VLSI design – stick diagrams and η based rules for layout.
- Microprocessor: Architecture of some common Ps. Memory interfacing, in terrupts and timing. Flow charts and pseudo codes. Study of common peripheral chips. Assembly language programming, I/O programming and applications.
APSC CCE Mains Electronics Paper II Syllabus 2017:
- Signal Processing: Discrete Fourier Transform, FFT, Discrete Cosine and sine Transforms, Circular Convolution. Classification of signals & system, Casualty, stability, Linear Time Invariant (LTI) systems. Image parameters, edge detection, image segmentation, fuzzy logic, image compression, JPEG and MPEG. Prefix coding, Huffman coding, Tempel- Ziv coding Run- Length code, Block codes.
- Antenna And Wave Propagation: Antenna and waveguides. Satellite communication and mobile communication.
APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017 for Fisheries Paper I:
- Fishery Biology
APSC CCE Mains Fisheries Paper II Syllabus 2017:
- Fishery Technology
- Fishery Management
- Fishery Extension Education
APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017 for Geography Paper I:
- Physical Geography: Geomorphology, Climatology, Oceanography, Soil Geography, Biogeography, and Ecosystem.
- Human and Economic Geography: Human Geography, Economic Geography.
APSC CCE Mains Geography Paper II Syllabus 2017:
- Political Geography: Meaning and scope of political Geography. State and Nations, Frontiers, boundaries, buffer Zones and their definition and function, Political status of different countries and territories of the world, Political Geography of India with special reference to North East India.
- Regional Geography: Regional Geography of India and North East India, Regional Geography of the Continents.
- Cartography and Quantitative Methods in Geography: Cartography, Quantitative Methods in Geography.
APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017 for Geology Paper I:
- General geology and Structural Geology
- Crystallography and Mineralogy
APSC CCE Mains Geology Paper II Syllabus 2017:
- Economic Geology
APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017 for History Paper I:
- Indus Valley Civilisation, relation with Rigvedic and West Asian civilizations.
- Political and Social changes of the Rigvedic Aryans in the later Vedic period, Vedic culture.
- Effects of Alexanders invasion of India.
- Ashoka as a ruler and missionary his place in history.
- The decline of the Mauryas and Ashoka’s responsibility for it. The administrative system of the Mauryas.
- Sungas, Kansas, Pallavas, and Satavahans
- The greatness of the Gupta, Guptas Golden Age, India Cultural contact with southeast Asia and neighboring countries.
- Harshavardhanahis relation with King Bhaskarvarman of Kamrupa and Sasanka of Gauda Huentsang.
- Origin of the Rajput s– their different dynasties such as pratiharas, para maras, Chouhan’s etc.
- The Chalukyas and the Rastrakutas of the Deccan.
- The Arab invasion of Sind.
- The foundation of Muslim rule in India.
- The Khiliji imperialism under Alauddin
- The Tughluqs and disintegration of the Delhi Sultanate.
- The influence of Islam on India’s culture, the Bhakti movement-Ramananda, Kabir, Chaitanya, Sankardav, and Nanak.
- Mughal Afghan contest (15261556) Shershah.
- Akbar as a national monarch– religious policy, civil and military administration.
- Aurangajeb character and policy, his responsibility for the downfall of the Mughal Empire.
- Sivaji character and achievements.
- Mughal administration central and provincial state of art, architecture, and literature in Mughal India Decline of the Mughal Empire.
- Effect of the Battle of Plassey, the advent of the British Clive in Bengal.
- Warren Hastings, the real founder of the British Empire in India achievements impeachment.
- Lord Cornwallis Permanent settlement.
- Wellesley to Lord Hastings AngloMysore, AngloMaratha, and AngloGurkha conflict.
- Rise and fall of the Sikhs.
- Bentinck to Dalhousie expansion and consolidation of Company’s rule in India.
- Revolt of 1857 character and consequences.
- India under the British Crown Canning to Mountbatten.
- British relation with the NorthEast and NorthWest Frontier.
- Impact of Western Education and Ideas — new awakening.
- Birth of Indian National Congress Indian National Struggle for selfgovernment, the partition of Bengal, Swadeshi movement.
- NonCooperation Movement.
- Constitutional Movements from 19091935.
- India and World War II.
- The last phase of India’s freedom movement (19371947), Quit India Movement, I.N.A. Cabinet Mission, Mountbatten plan leading to transfer of power.
APSC CCE Mains History Paper II Syllabus 2017:
- History of Great Britain 1485-1945.
- Importance of the Tudor periods, Henry VII’s reign a period of remedy and seed time Henry VIII – character and religious policy reformation of the English church.
- Elizabeth – Character, Home, and foreign policy, glories of the reign of Elizabeth, Elizabeth and the church settlement, Tudor despotism relations of the Tudor monarchs
- with parliament achievement of the Tudor’s in different fields.
- The Stuart, Divine Right theory of kingship Character of James I, his struggle with parliament. Charles I – Character, Religious and foreign policy, Relations with parliament, arbitrary rule, Long parliament, Execution.
- The Common Wealth and the protectorate, Oliver Cromwell, character, Home and foreign policy, Estimate.
- The restoration under Charles III.
- James II – Character and policy, Glorious Revolution, Causes and consequences.
- William III and Mary, Growth of Cabinet System Foreign policy of William III.
- Queen Anne, War of the Spanish succession.
- George I and II, Importance of their succession War of Austrian Succession, Seven Years War.
- Walpole and Pitt the Elder.
- George III Character and personal rule Wars of American independence, Effects.
- Pitt the younger – his home and foreign policy, England in the struggle against Napoleon.
- Industrial Revolution in England.
- Parliamentary Reforms and Working Class Movement.
- Queen Victoria’s reign, the Chartist Movement, eminent Prime Ministers of Victoria, Robert ped, Palmerston, Gladstone, and Disraeli.
- England and Ireland.
- Edward VII to George VI, Anglo-German rivalry, World War I and England, World War II and England Participation, Winston Churchill – coming of the Labour Party to
- power 1945.
- Modern Europe (1789-1945)
- France on the eve of the Revolution of 1789, Causes of the revolution.
- Characters of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette.
- The summoning of the States General.
- The constituent Assembly and its works.
- The Revolution at war with Europe, Fall of the monarchy.
- The Reign of Terror.
- The rise of Napoleon, Napoleon as conqueror and ruler, manifold reforms – Napoleon’s downfall.
- Vienna Settlement (1815) – the concert of Europe and Congressional system of Government.
- Metternich and Austria after 1815.
- The Revolutions of 1830 and 1848 – their effect on France and Europe.
- The Second French Empire under Napoleon III, Fall of the Empire and the third Republic.
- Russia under Alexander I and Alexander II, the Czar liberator, Emancipation of the serfs.
- Czar Nicholas, eastern question, and the Crimean war.
- The Story of the Unification of Italy and Germany.
- Bismarck – home and foreign policy after 1871.
- Kaiser William II – well politic and ambitious foreign policy.
- Age of Armed Peace, Two rival systems of Alliances.
- World War I – causes and character of the war participation of U.S.A. in the war.
- World History 1914-1945
- Results of World War I, Fourteen points of Wilson peace settlement of Paris, Treaty of Versailles its loopholes
- The League of Nations – its success and failure.
- Russia at the close of World War I, Bolshevik Revolution – the effect of the revolution – Russia and World War II.
- The rise of General Franco in Spain – Spain and World War I. Republic established in Spain, Civil War – Rise of General Franco in Spain.
- The rise of Fascism in Italy under Mussolini – his home and foreign policy, Italy joins Germany in World War II.
- The rise of Nazism in Germany, Hitler – his home and foreign policy, Germany, and World War II.
- Middle East – Treaty of Lausanne with Turkey, Mustapha Kamal, and modernization of Turkey.
- China – Sun Yet Sen and Chines Revolution. The rise of National Government in China, Chiang Kaisheck, and the Communists, Sino Japanese conflict, Communist success in China, Japan. Japan after World War-I – Relations with China, Sino Japanese conflict on the eve of World War-II, Japan joined the side of Germany and Italy, Attack on Pearl Harbour, war with the USA, Defeat of Japan in the World War-II
- The USA in peace – making after World War-I, the USA and the League of Nations, USA and the reparation, USA, and World War-II
- The UNO – its formation – principles and aims – different organists working.
APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017 for Law Paper I:
- Indian Penal Code: Definitions and Jurisdiction, General exception to criminal liability, Joint and constructive liability, Offences against public Tranquility, Offences against Human body, Offences against property, Offences relating to Documents Defamation, Attempts to commit offences, Punishments, Theories of Punishment, Type of punishment in India, Penal Code, Punishment in favour of Young offenders.
- Criminal Procedure Code of India: Extent, Applicability, Definitions, Constitution of Courts, Powers of Courts, Powers of Police, Duty of Public, Rights of arrested persons, Processes to compel appearances, Maintenance of Public Order and Tranquility, Maintenance of Wives, Children and Parents, Charge, Trial before a Court of Sessions, Trial of warrant cases by magistrates, Trial of summons cases by magistrates, Summary Trial, Bail, Appeals, Reference, Revision and Transfer.
APSC CCE Mains Law Paper II Syllabus 2017:
- Code of Civil Procedure: Definitions, Suits in General, Resjudicata, Constructive resjudicata, Execution, Suits in particular cases, Appeals, Second Appeals, Reference, Revived and revision, Order I, Order II, Order IV, Order VI, Order VII, Order XX, Order XXI, Order XXVII, Order XXXVIII.
- Law of Evidence : Indian Evidence Act-Section 4, Section 5 to 16 (Relevancy of facts), Section 17 to 31 (Admissions), Facts when need not be proved – Section 56 to 58, Oral Evidence – Section 59 to 60, Documentary Evidence – Section 61 to 73, Public Documents – Section 74 to 78, Oresumptions as to Documents – Section 79 to 90, Burden of Proof – Section 101 to 104, Estorred – Section 115 to 117.
- Transfer of Property Act: Immovable and Movable Property, What is Transfer of Property?, Who can transfer?, What property can be transferred?, Formalities of Transfer, Vested and Contingent Interest (Section 19 to 21), Actual Possession, Notice to an Agent, Transfer for the benefit of unborn persons, Rule against perpetuities, Doctrine of Election, Ostensible owner, Doctrine of feeding the grant by estoppel, Doctrine of fraudulent transfer, Doctrine of listrandous, Doctrine of Part – performance, Kinds of Transfer – sale, exchange, gifts, Lease, Mortgages, Charges.
- Law of Contract: Indian Contract Act-Meaning and nature of the contract, Essential elements of a valid contract, Agreements and contract, Formation of contract, Offer and Acceptance, Consideration. The void contract, Voidable contract and Contingent contract Quasi – Contracts, Discharge of contracts, Remedies for breach of contract, Contract for Ingenuity, Guarantee, Bailment, Fledge, and Agency.
APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017 for Mathematics Paper I:
- Complex Analysis
- Differential Equations
APSC CCE Mains Mathematics Paper II Syllabus 2017:
- Coordinate Geometry
- Spherical Trigonometry and Astronomy
APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017 for Mechanical Engineering Paper I:
- Statics: Equilibrium in three dimensions, suspension cables, the principle of virtual work.
- Dynamics: Relative motion Coriolis force, Motion of a rigid body, Gyroscopic motion impulse.
- Theory of Higher and lower pairs, inversions, steering Machines mechanisms, Hooks joint, velocity and acceleration of links, inertia forces, Cams Conjugate action of gearing and interference, gear trains, epicyclic gears, Clutches, belt drives, brakes, dynamometers, Fly wheels, governors, Balancing of rotating and reciprocating masses and multicylinder engines, Free, forced and damped vibrations for a single degree of freedom, Degrees of freedom, Critical speed and whistling of shafts.
- Mechanics: Stress and strain in two dimensions, Mohr’s circle of soldiers Theories of failure, Defection of beams, Buckling of columns, Combined bending and torsion, Castiglano’s theorem, Thick cylinders Rotating disks, Shrink fit, Thermal stresses.
- Manufacturing Science: Merchants theory, Taylors equation, Machineability Unconventional machining methods including EDM, ECM and ultrasonic machining Use of lasers and plasmas. Analysis of forming processes, High-velocity forming. Explosive forming. Surface roughness, gauging comparators, Jigs, and Fixtures.
- Production Management: Work simplification, work sampling, value engineering, line balancing workstation design, storage space requirement AEC analysis. Economic order, quantity including finite production rate, Graphical and simplex methods for linear programming, transportation model, elementary queuing theory, Quality control and its uses in product design, Use of X, R, P (Sigma) and C charts. Single sampling plans, operating characteristics curves, Average sample size, Regression analysis.
APSC CCE Mains Mechanical Engineering Paper II Syllabus 2017:
- Thermodynamics: Applications of the first and second laws of thermodynamics, Detailed analysis of thermodynamic cycles.
- Fluid Mechanics: continuity momentum and energy equations. Velocity distribution in laminar and turbulent flow, Dimensional analysis, Boundary layer on a flat plate, A diabatic and isentropic flow, Mach number.
- Heat Transfer: Critical thickness of insulation conduction in the presence of heat sources and sinks. Heat transfer from fins, One-dimensional unsteady conduction. The time constant for thermocouples, Momentum and energy equations for boundary layer on a flat plate, Dimensionless numbers free and Forced convection, Boiling and condensation, Nature of radiant heat, Stefan – Boltzmann Law, Configuration factor, logarithmic mean temperature difference. Heat exchanger effectiveness and number of transfer units.
- Energy Conversion: Combustion phenomenon in C.I. and S.I. engines, Carburation and fuel injection, Selection of pumps, Classification of hydraulic turbines, specific speed,
- Performance of compressor, Analysis of stream and gas turbines, High Pressure boilers, Unconventional power systems, Including Nuclear Power and MHD systems, Utilisation of solar energy.
- Environment Control : Vapour compression, absorption steam jet and air refrigeration systems, Properties and Characteristics of important refrigerants, Use of Psychrometric chart and convert chart, Estimation of cooling and heating loads, Calculation of supply, air state and rate, Air-conditioning plants layout.
APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017 for Medical Science Paper I:
- Human Anatomy
- Endocrine system
- Human Physiology
- Physiology of reproductive system
- Forensic Medicine and Toxicology
- Anatomy of central and peripheral autonomic nervous system
- Cardio-vascular, respiratory gastro-intestinal and renal physiology
APSC CCE Mains Medical Science Paper II Syllabus 2017:
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- ENT: Throat cancer, ear infections, hearing defects Sinusitis.
- Objectives, components and critical analysis of each of the following National programmes for the control eradication
APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017 for Philosophy Paper I:
- Logic: Nature and Scope of Logic, Relation of logic to psychology rhetoric, mathematics and Grammar, Traditional and modern classification of proposition, Immediate inference, Analysis, figure and mood of syllogism, Different forms of mixed syllogism, Analysis of implication, Mill’s View, Nature and importance of analogy, Principles of uniformity of nature and causation, Mills’s inductive methods, Utility of studying logic, Logical form – formal and material truch, Laws of thought.
- Psychology: Definition, Nature, Scope and utility of psychology, Experimental and introspective methods of psychology, Structure, and function of nervous system and endocrine glands, Nature attributes and types of sensation. The Weber-Fechner Law, Nature and Factor of perception, Imagination and imageless thinking, Factors and conditions of memory, Causes of forgetting, Freudian theory of dreaming, Nature and grounds of belief, Emotion, mood, sentiment and feeling, Nature, conditions and span of attention, Motive and instinct, Intelligence and intelligence quotient, Theories of learning, Nature of personality. Methods of describing personality.
APSC CCE Mains Philosophy Paper II Syllabus 2017:
- General Philosophy (Western and Indian): Definition and scope of philosophy, Empiricism, rationalism, crit icism and intuitionism, Theories of touch, Different forms of realism and idealism, Substance, space, time and causation, Theories of evolution, Values, Proofs of the existence of God, Logical positivism and existentialism, Purusha, Prakriti and causation.
- Ethics and Social Philosophy: Moral philosophy – its nature and relations to Psychology, politics and metaphysics, Distinction between moral and non-moral actions and object of moral judgement, Theories of moral standard-rigourism and hedonism, Determinism and free will, Niskamakarma, Nature and Scope of Social Philosophy, Man as a social animal, Relation between individual and society, Role of family and religion as social institutions, Caste system and vernasramadharma, National integration and Sarvodaya, Theories of punishment.
APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017 for Physics Paper I:
- Mechanics: Newton’s Laws of motion: force, torque and impulse relation between linear and angular momentum. Galilean transformation, Invariance of Laws of motion under Galilean transformation, Angular velocity and angular acceleration, rotational motion under constant acceleration. Motion of a rigid body about an axis, Moment of Inertia – Radius of gyration, theorem of perpendicular and parallel axes, Calculation of moment of inertia of common symmetrical bodies rod, cylinder, disc and sphere, Gyroscopic motionprecession and mutation. Simple Harmonic Motion, Differential equation of SHM, and its solution, kinetic and potential energy of a body execution SHM, simple compound and torsional pendulum, bar pendulum, Kater’s pendulum and determination of ‘g’ by Kater’s pendulum. Kepler’s laws of planetary motion, Newton’s Laws of gravitation – Determination of gravitational constant, Velocity of escape, Artificial satellites.
- General Properties of Matter and Sound: Elasticity, Hooke’s Laws, Inter relation between elastic constants, Bending Beam fixed at one end and loaded at the other end. Viscosity of fluids, Poiseullie’s equation determination of viscocity of liquid. Surface Tension, Relation between surface tension and surface energy, angle of contact, excess pressure inside a soap bubble, rise of liquid in a capillary tube, Determination of surface tension capillary tube method, Production and measurement of low pressure, rotary and diffusion pump, Mcleod gauge. Free and forced, vibration, resonance equation of wave motion, transverse and longitudinal waves, beat, velocity of sound, its expression in homogeneous, Medium, effect of temperature and pressure on velocity of sound in air. Vibration of String – Velocity of transverse waves in string, stationary waves in strings and air column, Ultrasonic sound, application of Ultrasonic Waves.
- Optics: Combination of two thin lenses seperated by a distance, Achromatic combination of lenses and prism. Defects of optical images, spherical aberration, Chromatic aberration and their remedies, ramsden & Heygens eye-pieces, Aplanatic foci, oil immersion objective, Interference of light, Fresnel’s biprism, Llo-yd’s mirror, Colours of thin films, Newton’s rings. Production and analysis of polarised light, interference of parallel and convergent polarised light, lasser and its applications.
- Heat and Thermodynamics: Kinetic theory of gas, Perfct gas laws, theory of specific heat, Brownian motion, Vander Waal’s equation, Liquefaction of gases, critical constants, First and Second Laws o thermodynamic, Reversible and irreversible processes, Carnot’s engine and Carnot’s Cycle, Carnot’s theoriem, Kelvin’s thermodynamic, scale of temperature and its relation to perfect gas scale, Givv’s phase rule, Triple points Joule Thomson effect, Adiabatic demagnetisation, Black body rediation, Flank’s law of radiation, Fermi-dirac statistics and their application to degenerate electron gas, Bose Einstein distribution laws, Solar energy and its utilisation.
APSC CCE Mains Physics Paper II Syllabus 2017:
- Electricity and Magnetism: Field potential and their relation, Gauss’s theorem, Application of Gauss’s theorem to simple problems, Mechanical forces on charged conductor, Energy in an electrostatic medium. Attracted disc electrometer, Effect of dielectric on capacity, Measurement of dielectric constant in the form of a solid slab, Magnetic potential, Potential and field due to dipole Forces and couple in dipole in a magnetic field, between two dipoles, Magnetic shell, Potential due to a magnetic shell, Magnetic susceptibility and permeability, Hysteresis loss, Elements of dia, para and ferro magnetism, Laplace’s law and its application to circular coil carrying current a solenoid carrying current Helmholtz coil Moving coil galvanometer, Kirchhoff’s laws and its applications to Wheatstone net work of conductors. Thermoelectricity, Peltier and Thomson effect, Electromagnetic induction, Self and Mutual induction, Growth and decay of current in RC and LC circuits, Induction Coil. Alternating Current, reactance and impedance of a L-C-R Circuit and power in A.C. Circuit, Power factor, A.C. generation, dynamo, motor, Transformer and current transmission.
- Atomic and Nuclear Physics: Effect of electric and magnetic field on charged particles in mission, e/m of an electron, Millikan’s method of determination of charge of an electron, Mass spectrograph, Aston and Bainbridge. Mass-energy equivalence, X-ray production and properties, continuous and characteristic X-rays, Bragg’s law and X-ray wave-length. Bohr’s theory of hydrogen spectra, Photoelectric effect and Einstein explanation, Application of photoelectric effect, Radioactive decay constant, half-life, mean life, carbon dating, Beta Ray spectrum & Neutrino. Nuclear transmutation, Fission and Fusion Atomic energy, atomic reactors, Particle Accelerators – LINAC, cyclotron. Nuclear detectors – GM counter, Scintillation counter, Cloud chamber, and bubble chamber, Cosmic Rays, Primary and Secondary Cosmic Rays, Geomagnetic effect and origin of Cosmi Rays, Air showers.
- Electronics: Thermoionic emission, Triode as an amplifier and Oscillator. Working of PNP and NPN transistors, Current Voltage Power amplification of transistor circuits, the Amplifier circuit for audio frequency signal. Radio broadcasting and reception Television.
APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017 for Political Science Paper I:
- Nature and Scope of Political Science, Its relationship with other social science. Approaches to the study of Political Science.
- Origin of the State – Functions of the State, Laissez Faire and Socialistic Theories, Concept of the welfare state.
- Forms of Government – Democracy, Dictatorship, Presidential and Parliamentary Forms – Unitary and Federal Forms.
- Organs of Government – Legislature, Executive and Judiciary – Separation of powers.
- Sovereignty – Monistic and pluralistic, Analysis of Sovereignty.
- Justice – Liberty – Equality, Power Authority Law.
- Political Philosophy of Plato – Aristotle, Gandhi, Marx.
APSC CCE Mains Political Science Paper II Syllabus 2017:
- Constitution of India: Framing of the constitution of India — Fundamental Rights and Duties- Directive Principles of the State Policy, Citizenship.
- Union Government, Legislature, Executive, Judicial.
- State Government, Legislature, Executive, Judiciary.
- Centre-State Relations.
- Value of Local Government in a Democracy, Local Self-Government in Assam.
- Bureaucracy and role of the Civil Service in India.
- Constitutions of the U.S.A. the U.K.
- United Nations – Objective and Principles, Organs Specialised Agencies – ILO, UNESCO, IMF.
APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017 for Psychology Paper I:
- Psychology as a science. Origin of experimental psychology (Wundt and James). Methods of Psychology, Pure and applied aspects of Psychology.
- Nervous system, Neurone and nerve impules, Central and autonomic nervous system, Endocrine system.
- Sensory Processes – Visual sense, Auditory sesnse, Other Senses.
- Perceptual process, Perceptual constancies, Organization and perception, Colour and form perception, Depth and movement perception, Role of experience in perception.
- States of consciousness, Varieties of waking States, Sleeping, and dreaming, Hypnotic and drug-induced States.
- Conditioning and learning, Classical conditioning, Operate conditioning, Principles of reinforcement, Phenomena of extinction, discrimination and generalisation.
- Multiple response learning, Cognitive learning, Learning by modeling.
- Verbal learning and memory, Input term memory, Long term memory, Forgetting.
- Nature of motivation, Basic motives and their correlates, Hunger, thrust, and sex, psychological changes in emotion. Theories of emotion (James-Lenge, Cannon-Bard)
- Thinking and problem solving, Cannon formation, Lenguage and thinking, Set as a factor in problem-solving.
- Frustration, Reactions to frustration, Defence mechanisms. Defence mechanisms and adjustment.
- Nature of attitudes, Development of attitudes. Attitude changes. Measurement of attitude.
APSC CCE Mains Psychology Paper II Syllabus 2017:
- Basic concepts of psychophysics, Absolute and differential thresholds, Psychophysical methods of limit, constant stimuli, average error, equal appearing interval and paired comparison. Weber – Fechner law.
- Nature of human intelligence, Individual and group difference in intelligence, Tests of intelligence and aptitudes identification of creativity.
- Meaning of personality, Type and trait approach, Personality assessment.
- Theories of personality, Murray, Freud, Lewin, and Rogers.
- Growth and development through childhood and adolescence. Physical growth and motor development. Mental growth and development.
- Behaviour disorders. Psychoneuroses. Psychoses. Psychosomatic and personality disorders, Psychotherapy and mental hygiene.
- Clinical psychology, Psychoanalytic, client-centered group and behavior therapies.
- Social perception, Nature of person perception, Social interaction. Power processed and structures. Norms and conformity.
- Psychology in industry. Work environment. Industrial fatigue. Personnel selection. Organization Climate. Organizational Leadership. Job analysis and job evaluation.
- Schools of psychology – Behaviourism. Psychoanalysis and Gestalt psychology.
- Basic scales of measurement. Steps in test construction and standardization. Item construction and analysis. Reliability, validity, and norms.
- Elementary statistics Frequency distribution and graphic representation. Measures of central tendency, measures of variability. Cumulative distributions and percentiles, Normal Probability curve.
APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017 for Sociology Paper I:
- Introduction to types of Society in India : Tribal, Agrarian and Industrial.
- Village Communities: Characteristics, Types, Tribal and Agrarian.
- Caste: Meaning of Caste, Traditional features of caste. Theories of the origin of caste, changes in caste, caste and class castism.
- Major Religions in India : Hinduism, Islam, Jainism, Buddhism Christianity, Neo – Vaishnavism in Assam.
- Rural Power Structure: Traditional and present Panchayat system, Tribal Village Council, Democratic Political system and changing the power structure.
- Urbanisation in India: Features, Urbanism, a way of life Rural Development and reconstruction programmes.
- Tribes of India: General ethnic and population survey — Tribal communities in Assam and their Socio-Cultural life problems of tribal development, development schemes,
- Constitutional provisions, Tribal identity, and movement.
APSC CCE Mains Sociology Paper II Syllabus 2017:
- Background of the Development of Sociological Thought. A brief outline.
- Comte: Law of three stages positive and hierarchy of Science.
- Herbert Spencer: Concept of Social Evolution and Organism.
- Emila Durkheim: Social Facts, Social Solidarity Mechanical, and Organic, Theory of Religion.
- Karl Marx: Materialistic Interpretation of History, Class and Class Conflicts, Alienation.
- Max Weber: Social Action and Ideal Type, Types of Authority, Religion and Economy.
- Merten: Functionalism, Manifest, and latest function.
- Persons: Theory of action, Social system, and pattern variable.
APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017 for Statistics Paper I:
- Probability: Event and sample space, Probability measure and probability space, the Statistical and mathematical definition of probability, total and compound probability, conditional probability, independence of events in probability. Bay’s theorem, random variables discrete and continues, Repeated trials, expectation of sum and product of independent random variables, Tchebycheft’s inequality, Weak law of large number Bernoulli theorem, Central limit theorem, standard probability, distributions binomial, normal, exponential, Poisson, rectangular multinomial, geometric and hypergeometric, probability generating function, moment generating function and characteristic function. Bivariate normal distribution, gamma, beta and power series, distributions, probability functions, marginal and conditional distributions, conditional mean and conditional variance.
- Sampling distributions and Test of Significance: Definition of sampling distribution and standard error, sampling distribution of sample mean drawn from a normal universe, sampling distribution of t, x2 and F. Statistics their properties and uses, s.e. of quantiles, multinominal proportion, s.e. of functions of statistics, uses of s.e. in large sample teste, Testing goodness of fit by Chi-square test, Test of independence of attributes, Kolmogorov test run test and sign tests.
- Finite difference: Newton’s forward and backward interpolation formulae, page ranges formula, Gauss, Bessel and Sterling’s formula, divided difference formulae, numerical
- integration, general quadrature formula, trapezoidal Simpson’s 1/3rd and 3/0th rules, Weddle’s rule, Statistical methods and inference : Frequency curves measure of location and
- dispersion, skewness and kurtosis, Sheppard’s correction for moments and cumulants, fitting of polynomial of least square method, orthogonal polynomial, correlation and
- regression analysis, involving two and three variables, rank, partial and multiple correlations and correlation coefficients and their tests of significance, correlation ratio test of linearity of regression. Properities of estimates consistency, unbrasedness sufficiency and completeness, Minimum variance unbaised estimate, method of estimation by moments, maximum likehood and minimum chisquare concept of interval estimation and confidence interval.
APSC CCE Mains Statistics Paper II Syllabus 2017:
- Sample Versus census : Lias in sample survey, sampling methods, simple random sampling from finite population with and without replacement, stratified and systematic sampling, two stage and multistage sampling, pilot and multipurpose surveys, bias in estimates, standard error of estimate, estimation of population mean and total. Principles of experimental design, one way and two way classifications, basic concept of AOV, CRD, RBD, and LSD — their analysis, Missing plot technique in RBD, factorial experiment 22, 23 and 24, confounding, analysis of split plot experiment.
- Time series and engineering statistics: Additive and multiplicative models of time series, components of time series determination of trend by free-hand drawing moving average method & fitting of mathematical curves, measurment of seasonal and cyclical fluctuations, estimate of the variance of random components. Concept of quality and meaning of control, Various control charts – 3/x R.C.P. and np, group control chart, single, double and sequential sampling plan, natural tolerance limits and specification limits, AQL, AOQL, OC and ASN functions.
- Quantitative economics: Definition, construction, interpretation and limitation of index number, type of index number, criteria of good index number, various problems in construction of index number, cost of living index number and its uses, wholesale price index number. Theory and analysis of consumer demand, specification and estimation of demand function, supply function, elasticity of demand and supply, Emgles curve and Engel’s laws, Pareto law of income distribution, concentration curve, properties of least square estimators, analysis of variance in regression, test of significance of LS parameters.
- Demography and Psychometry: Source of demography data, definition and scope of demography, cencus and registration, NSS and other demographic data, Limitation of demographic data, Vital rates and ratios, construction and uses, life table complete and abridged, construction and uses of life table, estimation of migration, growth curve and projection, measure of fertility gross and net reproduction rates, standardisation and standardised rates. Educational and psychological statistics, method of standardisation of scale and test, T.C. and percentile scele, IQ. Reliability and validity of tests and T & Z scores.
APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017 for Zoology Paper I:
- General survey and classification of Animal Kingdom.
- Study of the structure, bionomics and life history of paramecium. Euglena, Plasmodium, Giardia and Entamoeba.
- Anatomical structure, reproduction, and canal system of sycon.
- Structure and life history of Obelia. Polymophism in coelenterata.
- Structure and life history of planaria, liver fluke, Ankylostoma, Parasitic adaptations of helminths.
- External morphology, anatomical structure and their functions of nerves and leech.
- External morphology, anatomical structure and their function of prawn, scorpion, and Grasshopper, the social life of Ants and Honey Bees.
- External morphology, anotomical structure and their functions of pila and unio, elementary knowledge of pearl formation.
- Anatomical structure and their function of starfish, Larel, formes of Echinodermata.
- General organisation and classification of Protochordata, Anatomical structure and their functions of Amphioxus. Affinities of Amphioxus, Retrogressive metamorphosis of ascidia.
- General organization of Cyclostomata.
- Anatomical structures and their functions of scoliosis. Affinities of Diphoi.
- Structure and functions of sense organs of Toad, Portal system and respiration in Toad.
- Anatomical structures and function of Calotes poisonous and non-poisonous snakes, poison apparatus and bitting mechanism of the snake. Fossil Reptiles.
- Anatomical structures and their functions of Pigeon. Flightless birds, Flying and perching mechanism in birds. Migration of birds. Volant adaptation of birds.
- Anatomical structure and their function of Rat. Dentation in mammals. Structural Peculiarities and affinities of marsupials and prototherians.
- Abiotic factors and their role.
- Biotic factors, inter and intraspecific relations.
- The concept, components of the ecosystem, Food chain Ecological pyramids.
- Adoption of life in the relation of fresh water, marine water, and desert.
- Pollution in air water and land.
- Wildlife of India with special reference to North East of India.
- Kaziranga National Park.
- The concept of Mean, Media, and Mode.
- Standard deviation and standard error.
- Correlation and regression and chi-square and t-test.
- Comparative study of heart invertebrate studies.
- A succession of kidneys-Pro, meso and metanephros invertebrates.
- Pectoral and pelvic girdles of tetrapods.
- Morphology, life history, and culture of lac insect.
- Morphology, life history, and culture of Eri and Muga Silk worm.
- Pisciculture and induced breeding.
- Morphology and life history of the honey bee.
APSC CCE Mains Zoology Paper II Syllabus 2017:
- Structure and function of the cell.
- Protoplasm – its physical and chemical properties.
- Structure and function of the cell membrane, nucleus mitochondria Golgi bodies and ribosomes.
- Cell division – Mitosis and Meiosis, Theories of cell division.
- Nucleic acid and biosynthesis of protein.
- Mendelian Laws of inheritance.
- Linkage and crossing over. Linkage maps.
- Multiple alleles.
- Chromosomal sex determination.
- Gene structure and modern concept of the gene.
- Mutation – spontaneous and induced.
- Cytoplasmic inheritance.
- Sex-linked inheritance.
- Evidence of evolution- Anatomical, Embryological and pala ontolgical.
- Theories of evolution- Lamarckism, Darwinism and Deories theory of mutation.
- Neo- Darwinism.
- Fossil and fossil dating
- Adoptive radiation in mammals.
- The composition of food proteins, Carbohydrate, and lipids.
- Different types of enzymes with their function.
- Physiology of digestion respiration and excretion in mammals.
- Absorption of digested food.
- The composition of blood, blood groups in men coagulation of blood.
- Structure and physiology of pituitary, thyroid and pancreas.
- Types of Eggs and cleavage pattern.
- Development up to formation of there germinal layers in frog and chick.
- Foetal membranes in chick and mammals.
- Types of placenta and function of the placenta.
- The concept of species and subspecies.
- Principles of classification. Zoological nomenclature and internation code.
- Zoogeographical realms of the world.
- Discontinuous distribution of vertebrates.
- Dispersal – Agencies of dispersal and its significance.
APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017 for Assamese Paper I:
- Poetry: Old Poetry, Modern Poetry
- Sneaker Kavya Prabha (Guwahati University): Drama Theory, Drama Text
APSC CCE Mains Assamese Paper II Syllabus 2017:
- Novels: Essay and Composition, Short Story.
APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017 for Bengali Paper I:
- Poetry: Madhusudan Dutta, Rabindra Nath Tagore, Jivanananda Das, Buddhadev Basu (Edited) Adhunik Bangla Kabita.
- Drama: Rabindra Nath Tagore (Bisarjan), Dwijendra Lal Roy (Sahjahan), Madhusudan Dutta (Krishna Kumari)
APSC CCE Mains Bengali Paper II Syllabus 2017:
- Prose Tex: Bankim Ch. Chetterjee, Rabindra Nath Tagore, Rabindra Nath Tagore, Tarasankar Bandapadhya.
- Composition: Rewriting sentences as directed, Idioms and Phrases, Honophonous Forms, Vocabulary Test -Synonyms, Antonyms, Conversion, of Parts of Speech, Abbreviations of Phrases and Vice-Versa, Knowledge of types of sentences, tense, forms case endings.
APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017 for English Paper I:
- History of English Literature from the ANGLO-SAXON period to the modern period Essay Type Quations various AGES & MOVEMENTS OF LITERATURE.
- Non-Fictional Prose
APSC CCE Mains English Paper II Syllabus 2017:
- Prose Fiction: Novels, Short Stories.
- An Essay on A Literary Topic
APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017 for Hindi Paper I:
- History of Hindi literature
- Idioms and Phrases
- Question-based on unseen and precise
APSC CCE Mains Hindi Paper II Syllabus 2017:
- Sansmaran and Rekha Chitra
- Applied Grammar
- Technician terms
- Noting and Drafting
- Commercial and Journalistic letter writing
APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017 for Arabic Paper I:
APSC CCE Mains Arabic Paper II Syllabus 2017:
- Translation of unseen Arabic Passage into English.
- The grammar of Arabic Language.
- Arabic Rhetorics.
- Essay in Arabic on a subject connected with Arabic Literature
- History of Arabic Language
- History of Arabic Literature
APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017 for Persian Paper I:
APSC CCE Mains Persian Paper II Syllabus 2017:
- History of Parsian Language and Literature
- Translation, Grammar, Rhetoric, Essay
APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017 for Sanskrit Paper I:
- Poetry: Kiratarjuniya, Canto I & II, Sisupalavadha, Canto I
- Prose: Daskumaracarita, Rajavahanacarita, from srutva to
- Grammar: General knowledge of Sandhi, Samasa, declinsion, conjugation, Parasmaipada-Atmanapada & Vacya.
- Translation: From English, Assamese to Sanskrit.
APSC CCE Mains Sanskrit Paper II Syllabus 2017:
- Drama and History of Classical Sanskrit Literature: Sakuntala, Svapnavasavadatta, History of Classical Sanskrit Literature
APSC CCE Mains Syllabus 2017 for Bodo Paper I:
- Poetry: Khonthai-Methai, Hathorkhi, Radab, Okhrana Gongs Nanggwo, Phasing Dwolngao Okhaphwr.
- Dram: Dwrswn Zwhwlao, Gambari Sikhla, Sandw Baodia, Zwhwlao Daimalu, Gwdan Phwisali.
APSC CCE Mains Bodo Paper II Syllabus 2017:
- Novel: Zuzaini Or, Alaisri, Horwi Mario, Khwmsiniphrai Swrangthing
- Short Story: Silingkhar, Srimati Durlai, Dumbphone Phitha, Gadang.
- Composition: Letter writing, Precis Writing, Phrases & Idiom, Proverbs, Vocabulary Test.
Bookmark our website www.allindiajobs.in by pressing the ctrl+d for more updates. Contenders have any doubts can leave a comment in the below section.