Microsoft Company Interview Questions (Technical, HR) For Freshers and Experienced
Microsoft Company Interview Questions
Microsoft Company is an American multinational technology company with its headquarters in Redmond, Washington. The candidates who are bored of searching for Microsoft Company interview questions here is the awesome news for you. Yes, we are provided frequently asked and the most popular interview questions in this article. So contenders who are in the preparation cycle should follow this given important interview questions before the interview schedule. The interested intenders keep an eye on this article at a glance in order to get a clear view regarding the mode of interview questions in the Microsoft Company interview process.
You Can Also Check: Microsoft Recruitment
Microsoft Company Interview Rounds
In Microsoft Company the basic interview rounds are as follows
- Online Written Test
- Technical Interview
- HR Round
- Personal Interview
You Can Also Check: Top 10 HR Interview Questions
The applicants who succeed in the online test will be allowed for further rounds which may include Group discussion or JAM session based on candidates Strength on that particular day. After that, the qualified candidates are called for the technical round which follows HR and personal interviews. So we suggest that the applied candidates should aware of all the types of interview questions before the interview day in order to get rid of tension and exam burden.
Microsoft Company Technical Interview questions for freshers
General technical round comprises of mainly core based questions. Brush up on your fundamental graduation knowledge, particularly subjects that related to recruiters business, as you may be questioned on this. So we advised aspirants should prepare all the given basic and popular interview questions to be asked in the technical round without any fail.
Power Systems Interview Questions
- Power Systems Interview Questions
- What is the “power factor”?
- What is Current?
- What is Ampere?
- Could you measure current in parallel?
- What is the difference between Voltage and Potential Difference?
- Could you measure voltage in series?
- State and Define Ohm’s Law?
- What is the function of a Capacitor in electrical circuits?
- What is the function of Inductors in electrical circuits?
- How does Tube light works?
- How does Ceiling fan work?
- What is the difference between UPS and Invertors?
- What does the term “Voltage Regulation” means?
- What is the difference between power and energy?
- What is Kirchhoff’s Current Law (KCL)?
- What is Superposition Theorem?
Electronic Devices And Circuits Interview Questions
- What is Electronic?
- What is communication?
- Different types of communications? Explain.
- What is engineering?
- Difference between electronic and electrical.
- What is cut-off frequency?
- What is passband?
- What is the modulation? And where it is utilized?
- Explain AM and FM.
- How does mobile work?
- How many satellites are required to cover the earth?
- What is attenuation?
- What is multiplexing?
- Difference between CDMA and GSM.
- What is an Amplifier?
- Explain Full duplex and half-duplex.
- What is the feedback? And explain different types of feedback.
- Advantages of negative feedback over positive feedback.
- What is Oscillator?
- What are a transducer and a transponder?
- What is a rectifier?
- What is the resistor?
- What is a capacitor?
- What is inductor?
- What is a conductor?
- What is a semiconductor?
Operating System Interview Questions
- What are the basic functions of an operating system?
- Explain briefly about, processor, assembler, compiler, loader, linker and the functions executed by them.
- What are the different phases of software development? Explain briefly?
- Differentiate between RAM and ROM?
- What is DRAM? In which form does it store data?
- What is cache memory?
- What is a hard disk and what is its purpose?
- Differentiate between Complier and Interpreter?
- What is the main difference between Micro-Controller and Micro- Processor?
- What is a Real-Time System?
- What is the difference between Hard and Soft real-time systems?
- What is a mission-critical system?
- What is the important aspect of a real-time system?
- If two processes share the same system memory and system clock in a distributed system, what is it called?
- What is the state of the processor, when a process is waiting for some event to occur?
- What do you mean by deadlock?
- Explain the difference between microkernel and macro kernel.
- Give an example of a microkernel.
- When would you choose the bottom-up methodology?
- When would you choose top-down methodology?
- Why paging is used?
- Difference between Primary storage and secondary storage?
- What is multi-tasking, multi-programming, multi-threading?
Fluid Mechanics Interview Questions
- What is the difference between Critical Speed and Whirling Speed?
- How does a Diesel Engine work as Generator?
- Explain the Second Law of Thermodynamics?
- Compare Brayton Cycle and Otto Cycle?
- What is the purpose of the Scrapper Ring?
- What is DTSI Technology?
- What is the importance of Thermodynamics?
- What is the difference between P11 and P12 Pipes?
- State difference between Antifriction Bearing and Journal Bearing?
- What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of using LPG in Car?
- What is the difference between Speed and Economic Speed?
- State all the laws of Thermodynamics?
- State the difference between Unilateral and Bilateral Tolerance?
- What is the difference between Welding and Brazing?
- Which has more Efficiency Diesel Engine or Petrol Engine?
- Which is heavier 1kg Cotton or 1kg Iron?
- What is the difference between Sudden Force and Impact Force?
- How do you know air is fully saturated?
Microsoft Company HR Interview Questions For Freshers
In this round, HR focused on the candidate’s understanding and explanation skills. The contenders need to prepare in order to give sweet and short answers in a smart way to get the impression from the recruiter.
In this section, we provided some important interview questions which will help during the interview process for the applicant.
- Tell me about the most challenging engineering project that you have been involved with during the past year.
- Describe the most significant written technical report or presentation that you had to complete.
- In your last engineering position, what were some of the things that you spent the most time on, and how much time did you spend on each?
- What do you enjoy most/least about engineering?
- What new engineering specialty skills have you developed during the past year?
- Do you have any patents? If so, tell me about them. If not, is it something you see yourself pursuing and why or why not?
- Think of a specific engineering project when you answer this question.
- What could you have done to be more successful in achieving your goal(s)?
- Describe a time when you confronted a problem that really tested your engineering know-how.
- What is your overall career objective? Do you see yourself working in engineering ten years from now? If not, what do you think you will be doing?
- Give me an example of a time in which you were effective in doing away with the “constant emergencies” and “surprises” that engineers often face.
- Describe a time when as a member of the engineering department, you were instrumental in building a good long-term relationship with another department within the company.
- Tell me about your greatest success in using the principles of logic to solve an engineering problem in your last job.
- Give me an example of a time when you applied your ability to use analytical techniques to define problems or design solutions.
- To what extent has your engineering background required you to be skilled in the analysis of technical reports or information?
- Describe a time when you used your engineering knowledge to solve a problem for which there appeared to be no answer.
- Tell me about a time when you became aware of a hazardous workplace condition. How did you handle it?
- Tell me about your experience in dealing with routine engineering work.
- How do you keep from getting bored?
- I expect the engineer that I hire for this position to be precise – detailed oriented in everything he or she does. What checks and balances do you use to make sure that you don’t make mistakes?
- Give me an example of a time when you had to teach a skill to other engineers.
- Some of the best-engineered ideas are born out of an individual’s ability to challenge, others’ ways of thinking. Tell me about a time when you were successful in doing.
Microsoft Company Technical Interview Questions For Experienced
In this round, the interviewer asked different modes of questions that we have given below in order to test your ability in applying engineering background to something you may not familiar with. So aspirants should include the below-mentioned interview questions into their preparation schedule to crack a job in Microsoft Company in an intelligent way.
- What is the Common Language Specification (CLS)?
- What is the role of the JIT compiler in .NET Framework?
- What is the difference between Systems? String and System.StringBuilder classes?
- Describe the roles of CLR in the .NET Framework.
- Which namespace enables multithreaded programming in XML?
- Can we declare a block as static in c#?
- Can we declare a method as sealed?
- What Command is used to implement properties in C#?
- What is a static member?
- What is the syntax to inherit from a class in C#?
- What is a basic difference between the while loop and do-while loop in C#?
- What is the main difference between a subprocedure and a function?
- What are sealed classes in c#?
- What is the difference between a class and an Interface?
- What are all the types of data types available in ASP.NET?
- What is the difference between Systems? String and System. String Builder classes?
- What are the differences between Server-side and Client-side code?
- What is the difference between Server-side scripting and Client-side scripting?
- What is a formatter?
- Which are the namespaces that are imported automatically by Visual Studio in ASP.Net?
- What is an Asp.net Webform?
- What is the life span of a static variable?
- What is the use of Smart Navigation property?
- How many namespaces are in .NET version 1.1?
- What the two types are of transforms present on Framework Element?
- What is Windows Workflow Foundation?
- What is a Workflow? What namespace does the Web page belong in the .NET
- Framework class hierarchy?
- What is a formatter?
- What is a static member?
- What is a sealed class?
- What is a reflection?
- What is a managed code execution?
- What is Android?
- What are the advantages of Android?
- Describe Android Application Architecture?
- How will you record a phone call in Android? How to get a handle on Audio
- Stream for a call in Android?
- What is activity?
- Describe the APK format?
- What are the different phases of the Activity life cycle?
- What is the intent?
- What is an Explicit Intent?
- What is an Implicit Intent?
- What is an Android Manifest file?
- What language does Android support for application development?
- What’s the difference between a file, a class and an activity in android?
- What is the significance of the .dex files?
- What does ADT stand for?
- What are the different tools in Android? Explain them?
- What is the Dalvik Virtual Machine?
- What is the Android Runtime?
- What is the Open Handset Alliance?
- What is View Group?
- What is a Service?
- What is the difference between Service and Thread?
- What is a Content Provider?
- What is a Toast Notification?
- What are the other Notifications?
- What is the importance of XML-based layouts?
- What are the containers?
- What is Orientation?
- What do you think are some disadvantages of Android?
- What is ADB?
- What are the four essential states of an activity?
- What is ANR?
- Which elements can occur only once and must be present?
- How is escape characters used as attribute?
- What is the importance of settings permissions in app development?
- Is there a case wherein other qualifiers in multiple resources take precedence over locale?
- What is the proper way of setting up an Android-powered device for app development?
- What are the steps in creating a bounded service through AIDL?
- What data types are supported by AIDL?
- What is a Fragment?
- PL/SQL Developer
- What is PL/SQL?
- What are the advantages of PL/SQL?
- What are the types of PL/SQL block?
- What is the structure of PL/SQL block?
- What is the difference between SQL vs. SQL*PLUS?
- Why use pl/sql?
- What is a Recursive Subprogram?
- What is Dynamic SQL?
- Define binding?
- What are the different types of PL/SQL bindings?
- Where does the PL/SQL code execution take place?
- What is the use of records?
- What command tells SQL*Plus to display PL/SQL output?
- What are the four SQL DML statements permitted in a PL/SQL block?
- What are the collection types that support PL/SQL?
- What is a character set?
- What are lexical units?
- What are delimiters?
- What is the identifier?
- What are the collection types that support PL/SQL?
- What is a mutating table?
- What are the types of literals?
- What are subprograms?
- What is a collection?
- Which data manipulation statements can support triggers?
- What is an object type?
- What is the name of Oracle’s Java engine?
- What are the types of control structures?
- What is the maximum length of the message buffer?
- What is ROWID?
- What are cursors?
- What is a network?
- Define LAN, MAN and WAN?
- What is TELNET?
- What is switching?
- What is a Link?
- What are the layers of the OSI reference model?
- What is a backbone network?
- What is a LAN?
- What is a node?
- What are routers?
- What is a point to point link?
- What is anonymous FTP?
- What is the subnet mask?
- What is the maximum length allowed for a UTP cable?
- What is data encapsulation?
- Describe Network Topology
- What is VPN?
- Briefly describe NAT?
- What is the job of the Network Layer under the OSI reference model?
- How does a network topology affect your decision in setting up a network?
- What is RIP?
- What are the different ways of securing a computer network?
- What is NIC?
- What is WAN?
- What is the importance of the OSI Physical Layer?
- How many layers are there under TCP/IP?
- What are proxy servers and how do they protect computer networks?
- What is the function of the OSI Session Layer?
- What is the importance of implementing a Fault Tolerance System? Are there limitations?
- What does 10Base-T mean?
- What is a private IP address?
- What is NOS?
- What is DoS?
- What is OSI and what role does it play in computer networks?
- What is the purpose of cables being shielded and having twisted pairs?
- What is the advantage of address sharing?
- What are MAC addresses?
- What is the equivalent layer or layers of the TCP/IP Application layer in terms of OSI reference model?
- How can you identify the IP class of a given IP address?
- What is the main purpose of OSPF?
Microsoft Company HR Interview Questions For Experienced
In this section, we focused on various interview questions that are going to be asked in HR round, especially for experienced candidates.
- Tell me about a time when you had to take disciplinary action with an engineer who reported to you.
- Tell me about the last time you lost your temper in the field.
- What personal characteristics do you feel are necessary to be a successful engineer?
- What single technical skill or ability is your best asset?
- What kind of hours did you typically work in your most recent engineering job?
- What kinds of information would you request or require before you felt you could do justice to a project assignment?
- Describe two specific technical contributions you would expect to make during the first six months on the job if you joined our company.
- Tell me about a time when you surpassed all expectations by going “above and beyond” for a client.
- What have you specifically done to make the work of the engineers who report to you easier?
- How do you feel about the workload in the engineering department on your present or previous job?
- How can you best use your engineering education and prior work experience to help our company grow?
All the best to the candidates who are attending Microsoft Company Interview. I hope you people get enough confidence after reading this entire article. For more details, you can bookmark our website www.allindiajobs.in page in order to avoid the search burden.
Be on the know,
be a winner.
Top MNC Registrations
Latest Bank Jobs
Quote of the day!
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Wishing is not enough; we must do.