Tech Mahindra Aptitude Test Questions and Answers
Tech Mahindra Aptitude Test Questions:
1) The radius of a circular wheel is 1.75 m, how many revolutions will it make in traveling 1 km?
A.1000 B.2000 C.3000 D.4000
2 * 22/7 * 1.75 * x = 11000
x = 1000
2) A trader purchased two colour televisions for a total of Rs. 35000. He sold one colour television at 30% profit and the other 40% profit. Find the difference in the cost prices of the two televisions if he made an overall profit of 32%?
A.Rs. 21000 B.Rs. 17500 C.Rs. 19000 D.Rs. 24500 E.None of these
Let the cost prices of the colour television sold at 30% profit and 40% profit be Rs. x and Rs. (35000 – x) respectively.
Total selling price of televisions = x + 30/100 x + (35000 – x) + 40/100 (35000 – x)
=> 130/100 x + 140/100 (35000 – x) = 35000 + 32/100 (35000)
x = 28000
35000 – x = 7000
Difference in the cost prices of televisions = Rs. 21000
3) Ravi invested certain amount for two rates of simple interests at 6% p.a. and 7% p.a. What is the ratio of Ravi’s investments if the interests from those investments are equal?
A.4 : 3 B.3 : 2 C.6 : 5 D.7 : 6 E.None of these
Let x be the investment of Ravi in 6% and y be in 7%
x(6)(n)/100 = y(7)(n)/100
=> x/y = 7/6
x : y = 7 : 6
4) The radius of a wheel is 22.4 cm. What is the distance covered by the wheel in making 500 resolutions.
A.252 m B.704 m C.352 m D.808 m E.None of these
In one resolution, the distance covered by the wheel is its own circumference. Distance covered in 500 resolutions.
= 500 * 2 * 22/7 * 22.4 = 70400 cm = 704 m
5) A and B invests Rs.10000 each, A investing for 8 months and B investing for all the 12 months in the year. If the total profit at the end of the year is Rs.25000, find their shares?
A.Rs.8000, Rs.17000 B.Rs.9000, Rs.16000 C.Rs.18000, Rs.7000 D.Rs.10000, Rs.15000
The ratio of their profits A:B = 8:12 = 2:3
Share of A in the total profit = 2/5 * 25000 = Rs.10000 Share of A in the total profit = 3/5 * 25000 = Rs.15000
6) Ten percent of Ram’s monthly salary is equal to eight percent of Shyam’s monthly salary. Shyam’s monthly salary is twice Abhinav’s monthly salary. If Abhinav’s annual salary is Rs. 1.92 lakhs, find Ram’s monthly salary?
A.Rs. 18000 B.Rs. 20000 C.Rs. 25600 D.Rs. 32000 E.None of these
Let the monthly salaries of Ram and Shyam be Rs. r and Rs. s respectively.
10/100 r = 8/100 s
r = 4/5 s
Monthly salary of Abhinav = (1.92 lakhs)/12 = Rs. 0.16 lakhs
s = 2(0.16 lakhs) = 0.32 lakhs
r = 4/5(0.32 lakhs) = Rs. 25600
7) 10 books are placed at random in a shelf. The probability that a pair of books will always be together is -.
A.1/10 B.9/10 C.1/5 D.3/10 E.1/2
10 books can be rearranged in 10! ways consider the two books taken as a pair then number of favourable ways of getting these two books together is 9! 2!
Required probability = 1/5
8) Find the greatest number which, while dividing 19, 83 and 67, gives a remainder of 3 in each case?
A.16 B.17 C.18 D.19
Subtract the remainder 3 from each of the given numbers: (19-3)=16, (67-3)=64 and (83-3)=80. Now, find the HCF of the results 16, 64 and 80, we get 16. Thus, the greatest number is 16.
9) Find the greatest number which leaves the same remainder when it divides 25, 57 and 105.
A.18 B.8 C.12 D.16 E.None of these
105 – 57 = 48
57 – 25 = 32
105 – 25 = 80
The H.C.F of 32, 48 and 80 is 16.
10) Mohit sold an article for Rs. 18000. Had he offered a discount of 10% on the selling price, he would have earned a profit of 8%. What is the cost price of the article?
A.Rs. 15000 B.Rs. 16200 C.Rs. 14700 D.Rs. 15900 E.None of these
Let the CP be Rs. x.
Had he offered 10% discount, profit = 8%
Profit = 8/100 x and hence his SP = x + 8/100 x = Rs. 1.08x = 18000 – 10/100(18000) = 18000 – 1800 = Rs. 16200
=> 1.08x = 16200
=> x = 15000
11) If p, q and r are positive integers and satisfy x = (p + q -r)/r = (p – q + r)/q = (q + r – p)/p, then the value of x is?
A.1/2 B.1 C.-1/2 D.-1 E.None of these
When two or more ratios are equal, each of the ratios are equal to sum of the numerators divided by the sum of the denominators, provided sum of the denominators is non-zero.
Hence, x = (p + q -r)/r = (p – q + r)/q = (q + r – p)/p
=> x = (p + q – r + p – q + r + q + r – p) / (r + q + p)
=> x = (r + q + p) / (r + q + p) = 1
p + q + r is non-zero.
12) Three consecutive odd integers are in increasing order such that the sum of the last two integers is 13 more than the first integer. Find the three integers?
A.9, 11, 13 B.11, 13, 15 C.13, 15, 17 D.7, 9, 11 E.None of these
Let the three consecutive odd integers be x, x + 2 and x + 4 respectively.
x + 4 + x + 2 = x + 13 => x = 7
Hence three consecutive odd integers are 7, 9 and 11.
13) Vijay lent out an amount Rs. 10000 into two parts, one at 8% p.a. and the remaining at 10% p.a. both on simple interest. At the end of the year he received Rs. 890 as total interest. What was the amount he lent out at 8% pa.a?
A.Rs. 6000 B.Rs. 5500 C.Rs. 4500 D.Rs. 5000 E.None of these
Let the amount lent out at 8% p.a. be Rs. A
=> (A * 8)/100 + [(10000 – A) * 10]/100 = 890
=> A = Rs. 5500.
14) (24 * 5 * 7 * 9) / ? = 216
A.15 B.20 C.25 D.35 E.None of these
? = (24 * 5 * 7 * 9) / 216 = 35
15) A train leaves Mumabai at 9 am at a speed of 40 kmph. After one hour, another train leaves Mumbai in the same direction as that of the first train at a speed of 50 kmph. When and at what distance from Mumbai do the two trains meet?
A.1:00pm, 220 km B.1:00pm, 200km C.2:00pm, 200 km D.2:00pm, 220 km E.None of these
When the second train leaves Mumbai the first train covers 40 * 1 = 40 km
So, the distance between first train and second train is 40 km at 10.00am
Time taken by the trains to meet = Distance / relative speed = 40 / (50 -40) = 4 hours
So, the two trains meet at 2 p.m. The two trains meet 4 * 50 = 200 km away from Mumbai.
16) Two men can complete a piece of work in four days. Two women can complete the same work in eight days. Four boys can complete the same work in five days. If four men, eight women and 20 boys work together in how many days can the work be completed?
A.1/2 day B.1(1/2) days C.1 day D.2 days E.None of these
Two men take four days to complete the work four men would take (2 * 4)/4 = 2 days to complete it.
Similarly four women would take two days to complete it and 20 children would take one day to complete it.
All the three groups working togerther will complete 1/2 + 1/2 + 1/1 work in a day
= 2 times the unit work in a day.
They will take 1/2 a day to complete it working together.
17) The sides of a cube are in the ratio 1:2 the ratio of their volume is?
A.1:2 B.1:4 C.1:8 D.2:1
Be on the know,
be a winner.
Top MNC Registrations
Latest Bank Jobs
Quote of the day!
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Wishing is not enough; we must do.