Cognizant Aptitude Test Questions and Answers
Cognizant Aptitude Test Questions with Solution:
1) The radius of a semi circle is 6.3 cm then its perimeter is?
A.35.4 cm B.32.4 cm C.32 cm D.30 cm
36/7 r = 6.3 = 32.4
2) A total of 3000 chocolates were distributed among 120 boys and girls such that each boy received 2 chocolates and each girl received 3 chocolates. Find the respective number of boys and girls?
A.70, 50 B.60, 60 C.50, 70 D.40, 80 E.None of these
Let the number of boys be x.
Number of girls is 120 – x.
Total number of chocolates received by boys and girls = 2x + 3(120 – x) = 300
=> 360 – x = 300 => x = 60.
So, the number of boys or girls is 60.
3) In one year, the population, of a village increased by 10% and in the next year, it decreased by 10%. If at the end of 2nd year, the population was 7920, what was it in the beginning?
A.8500 B.8000 C.8100 D.8400
x*110/100 * 90/100 = 7920
4) A cube of side one meter length is cut into small cubes of side 10 cm each. How many such small cubes can be obtained?
A.10 B.100 C.1000 D.10000 E.None of these
Explanation:Along one edge, the number of small cubes that can be cut
= 100/10 = 10
Along each edge 10 cubes can be cut. (Along length, breadth and height). Total number of small cubes that can be cut = 10 * 10 * 10 = 1000
5) A and B start a business, with A investing the total capital of Rs.50000, on the condition that B pays A interest @ 10% per annum on his half of the capital. A is a working partner and receives Rs.1500 per month from the total profit and any profit remaining is equally shared by both of them. At the end of the year, it was found that the income of A is twice that of B. Find the total profit for the year?
A.53000 B.58000 C.50000 D.59000
Interest received by A from B = 10% of half of Rs.50000 = 10% * 25000 = 2500.
Amount received by A per annum for being a working partner = 1500 * 12 = Rs.18000.
Let ‘P’ be the part of the remaining profit that A receives as his share. Total income of A = (2500 + 18000 + P)
Total income of B = only his share from the remaining profit = ‘P’, as A and B share the remaining profit equally.
Income of A = Twice the income of B
(2500 + 18000 + P) = 2(P)
P = 20500
Total profit = 2P + 18000
= 2*20500 + 18000 = 59000
6) In a group of 80 children and 10 youngsters, each child got sweets that are 15% of the total number of children and each youngster got sweets that are 25% of the total number of children. How many sweets were there?
A.1160 B.1100 C.1080 D.1210 E.None of these
Number of sweets each child got = 15% of 80 = 15/100 * 80 = 12.
Number of sweets 80 children got = 80 * 12 = 960.
Number of sweets each youngster got = 25% of 80 = 25/100 * 80 = 20.
Number of sweets 10 youngsters got = 10 * 20 = 200.
Total number of sweets = 960 + 200 = 1160.
7) Three 6 faced dice are thrown together. The probability that no two dice show the same number on them is -.
A.7/12 B.5/9 C.1/36 D.5/12 E.8/9
No two dice show same number would mean all the three faces should show different numbers. The first can fall in any one of the six ways. The second die can show a different number in five ways. The third should show a number that is different from the first and second. This can happen in four ways.
Thus 6 * 5 * 4 = 120 favourable cases.
The total cases are 6 * 6 * 6 = 216.
The probability = 120/216 = 5/9.
8) A room is 6 meters 24 centimeters in length and 4 meters 32 centimeters in width. Find the least number of square tiles of equal size required to cover the entire floor of the room?
A.110 B.124 C.96 D.117
Length = 6 m 24 cm = 624 cm
Width = 4 m 32 cm = 432 cm
HCF of 624 and 432 = 48
Number of square tiles required = (624 * 432)/(48 * 48) = 13 * 9 = 117
9) If the L.C.M of two numbers is 750 and their product is 18750, find the H.C.F of the numbers.
A.50 B.30 C.125 D.25 E.None of these
H.C.F = (Product of the numbers) / (Their L.C.M) = 18750/750 = 25.
10) An article was sold after a discount of 20% and there was a gain of 20%. If the profit made on it was Rs. 6 less than the discount offered on it, find its selling price?
A.Rs. 72 B.Rs. 90 C.Rs. 66 D.Rs. 96 E.None of these
Let CP = Rs. 100x
SP = Rs. 120x
MP = 120x/80 * 100 = Rs. 150x
D = Rs. 150x – Rs. 120x = Rs. 30x
D – P = 30x – 20x = Rs. 6, 10x = Rs. 6
120x = 120/10 * 6 = Rs. 72
11) A gardener wants to plant trees in his garden in rows in such a way that the number of trees in each row to be the same. If there are 24 rows the number of trees in each row is 42 if there are 12 more rows find the number of trees in each row?
A.63 B.28 C.48 D.32 E.None of these
Required number of trees
= 24/36 * 42 = 28.
12) Ajay and Vijay have some marbles with them. Ajay told Vijay “if you give me ‘x’ marbles, both of us will have equal number of marbles”. Vijay then told Ajay “if you give me twice as many marbles, I will have 30 more marbles than you would”. Find ‘x’?
A.4 B.5 C.6 D.8 E.None of these
If Vijay gives ‘x’ marbles to Ajay then Vijay and Ajay would have V – x and A + x marbles.
V – x = A + x — (1)
If Ajay gives 2x marbles to Vijay then Ajay and Vijay would have A – 2x and V + 2x marbles.
V + 2x – (A – 2x) = 30 => V – A + 4x = 30 — (2)
From (1) we have V – A = 2x
Substituting V – A = 2x in (2)
6x = 30 => x = 5.
13) Manoj borrowed Rs.3450 from Anwar at 6% p.a. simple interest for three years. He then added some more money to the borrowed sum and lent it to Ramu for the same time at 9% p.a. simple interest. If Manoj gains Rs.824.85 by way of interest on the borrowed sum as well as his own amount from the whole transaction, then what is the sum lent by him to Ramu?
A.Rs.3,870 B.Rs.5,355 C.Rs.3,855 D.Rs.3600 E.None of these
14) (815 / ?) / 100 * 28 * 3 – (815 * 14 * 6)/100 = 1680
A.2000 B.3000 C.4000 D.6000 E.None of these
Let 815 + ? be k
=> 84k/100 – (815 * 84)/100 = 1680
=>84(k/100 – 815/100) = 1680
=> (k – 815)/100 = 20 => k = 2815
k = 815 + ? = 2815 => ? = 2000
15) A train running at a speed of 36 kmph crosses an electric pole in 12 seconds. In how much time will it cross a 350 m long platform?
A.44 sec B.49 sec C.42 sec D.47 sec E.None of these
Let the length of the train be x m.
When a train crosses an electric pole, the distance covered is its own length.
So, x = 12 * 36 * 5 /18 m = 120 m.
Time taken to cross the platform = (120 +350)/ 36 * 5/18 = 47 min.
16) Eight men, ten women and six boys together can complete a piece of work in eight days. In how many days can 20 women complete the same work if 20 men can complete it in 12 days?
A.9 B.7.5 C.6 D.Cannot be determined E.None of these
Let the number of units which can be completed by each man, each women and each boy be m/day, w/day and b/day respectively.
Work = 8(8m + 10w +6b)units = 12(20m)
10w +6b = 22m
b is unknown.
We cannot find the relation between m and w.
We cannot answer the question.
17) Surface area of two spheres are in the ratio 1:4 what is the ratio of their volumes?
A.1:64 B.1:8 C.1:4 D.8:1
You can also see:
Be on the know,
be a winner.
Top MNC Registrations
Latest Bank Jobs
Quote of the day!
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Wishing is not enough; we must do.