Volumes – Aptitude Questions and Answers
Volumes aptitude questions and answers section with explanation. Practice online test for various interview, competitive and entrance exams.
Practice Online: Aptitude Questions and Answers
1. If in a box of dimensions 6 m * 5 m * 4 m smaller boxes of dimensions 60 cm * 50 cm * 40 cm are kept in it, then what will be the maximum number of the small boxes that can be kept in it?
A.500 B.1000 C.900 D.600
6 * 5 * 4 = 60/100 * 50/100 * 40/100 * x
1 = 1/10 * 1/10 * 1/10 * x => x = 1000
2. Calculate the number of bricks, each measuring 25 cm * 15 cm * 8 cm required to construct a wall of dimensions 10 m * 4 m * 5 m when 10% of its volume is occupied by mortar?
A.4000 B.5000 C.6000 D.7000
10 * 4/100 * 5 * 90/100 = 25/100 * 15/100 * 8/100 * x
10 * 20 * 90 = 15 * 2 * x => x = 6000
3. A rectangular field 30 m long and 20 m broad. How much deep it should be dug so that from the earth taken out, a platform can be formed which is 8 m long, 5.5 m broad and 1.5 m high where as the earth taken out is increase by 10/5?
A.12 cm B.10 cm C.18 cm D.24 cm
30 * 20 * x = (8 * 5.5 * 1.5)/2
x = 10
4. The sides of a cube are in the ratio 1:2 the ratio of their volume is?
A.1:2 B.1:4 C.1:8 D.2:1
5.The diameters of two spheres are in the ratio 1:2 what is the ratio of their surface area?
A.1:2 B.1:4 C.2:1 D.4:1
6. Surface area of two spheres are in the ratio 1:4 what is the ratio of their volumes?
A.1:64 B.1:8 C.1:4 D.8:1
7. The height of two right circular cones are in the ratio 1:2 and their perimeters of their bases are in the ratio 3:4, the ratio of their volume is?
A.3:8 B.9:16 C.9:32 D.9:64
8. The diameters of two spheres are in the ratio 1:2 what is the ratio of their volumes?
A.3:4 B.9:16 C.1:8 D.4:3
9. A brick measures 20 cm * 10 cm * 7.5 cm how many bricks will be required for a wall 25 m * 2 m * 0.75 m?
A.24000 B.23000 C.22000 D.25000
25 * 2 * 0.75 = 20/100 * 10/100 * 7.5/100 * x
25 = 1/100 * x => x = 25000
10. In digging a pond 20 m * 10 m * 5 m the volumes of the soil extracted will be?
A.100 cu.m B.1000 cu.m C.10000 cu.m D.2000 cu.m
20 * 10 * 5 = 1000
Also Check: Aptitude Questions and Answers
|Areas||Averages||Ratio and Proportion|
|Time and Distance||Simple Interest||Simple Equations|
|Profit and Loss||Probability||Percentages|
|Problems on Numbers||LCM and HCF||Partnership|
|Time and Work||Compound Interest||Mensuration|
Be on the know,
be a winner.
Top MNC Registrations
Latest Bank Jobs
Quote of the day!
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Wishing is not enough; we must do.