Time and Work – Aptitude Questions and Answers Online Test
Time and Work aptitude questions and answers section with explanation. Practice online test for various interview, competitive and entrance exams.
1. Sreedhar and Sravan together can do a work in 25 days. With the help of Pavan, they completed the work in 8 days and earned Rs. 225. What is the share of Sravan, if Sreedhar alone can do the work in 75 days?
A.Rs. 64 B.Rs. 52 C.Rs. 48 D.Rs. 58 E.None of these
Sravan’s one day’s work = 1/25 – 1/75 = 2/75
Sravan worked for 8 days. So, his 8 days work = 8 * 2/75 = 16/75
Sravan completed 16/75th of total work.
So, his share is 16/75 * 225 = Rs. 48.
2. Twelve men can complete a piece of work in 32 days. The same work can be completed by 16 women in 36 days and by 48 boys in 16 days. Find the time taken by one man, one woman and one boy working together to complete the work?
A.(64 * 36)/13 days B.(32 * 36)/13 days C.(96 * 36)/13 days D.(128 * 36)/13 days E.None of these
12 men take 32 days to complete the work.
One man will take (12 * 32) days to complete it.
Similarly one woman will take (16 * 36) days to complete it and one boy will take (48 * 16) days to complete it.
One man, one woman and one boy working together will complete = 1/(12 * 32) + 1/(16 * 36) + 1/(48 * 16)
= 1/(4 * 3 * 16 * 2) + 1/(16 * 4 * 9) + 1/(16 * 3 * 4 * 4)
= 1/64(1/6 + 1/9 + 1/12) = 1/64 * 13/36 of the work in a day.
They will take (64 * 36)/13 days to complete the work working together.
3. A and B can do a work in 12 days and 36 days respectively. If they work on alternate days beginning with B, in how many days will the work be completed?
A.20 2/3 B.9 C.24 D.26 5/9 E.None of these
The work done in the first two days = 1/12 + 1/36 = 1/9
so, 9 such two days are required to finish the work.
i.e., 18 days are required to finish the work.
4. Two men can complete a piece of work in four days. Two women can complete the same work in eight days. Four boys can complete the same work in five days. If four men, eight women and 20 boys work together in how many days can the work be completed?
A.1/2 day B.1(1/2) days C.1 day D.2 days E.None of these
Two men take four days to complete the work four men would take (2 * 4)/4 = 2 days to complete it.
Similarly four women would take two days to complete it and 20 children would take one day to complete it.
All the three groups working togerther will complete 1/2 + 1/2 + 1/1 work in a day
= 2 times the unit work in a day.
They will take 1/2 a day to complete it working together.
5. Twelve men and six women together can complete a piece of work in four days. The work done by a women in one day is half the work done by a man in one day. If 12 men and six women started working and after two days, six men left and six women joined, then in hoe many more days will the work be completed?
A.1(1/2) B.1 C.2 D.2(1/2) E.None of these
Work done by a women in one day = 1/2 (work done by a man/day)
One women’s capacity = 1/2(one man’s capacity)
One man = 2 women.
12 men = 24 women.
12 men + 6 women = 30 women
30 women can complete the work in four days. In the first 2 days they can complete 1/2 of the work. Remaining part of the work = 1/2. If 6 men leave and 6 new women join, then new work force = 30 women – 12 women + 6 women = 24 women.
Time taken by them to complete the remaining work = 1/2 (Time taken by 24 women to complete the work) = 1/2 * (30 * 4)/24 = 2 (1/2) days.
6. Eight men, ten women and six boys together can complete a piece of work in eight days. In how many days can 20 women complete the same work if 20 men can complete it in 12 days?
A.9 B.7.5 C.6 D.Cannot be determined E.None of these
Let the number of units which can be completed by each man, each women and each boy be m/day, w/day and b/day respectively.
Work = 8(8m + 10w +6b)units = 12(20m)
10w +6b = 22m
b is unknown.
We cannot find the relation between m and w.
We cannot answer the question.
7. A, B and C can do a work in 7 , 14 and 21 days respectively. They completed the work and got Rs.242. What is the share of C?
A.Rs.55 B.Rs.44 C.Rs.66 D.Rs.77 E.None of these
The ratio of their working rates = 1/7 : 1/14 : 1/21 = 6 : 3 : 2.
Since, they work together, the share of C
= 2/11 * 242 = Rs.44
8. X men can do a work in 120 days. If there were 20 men less, the work would have taken 60 days more. What is the value of X?
A.60 B.40 C.50 D.70 E.None of these
We have M1 D1 = M2 D2
120X = (X – 20)180
=> 2X = (X – 20) 3 => 2X = 3X – 60
=> X = 60
9. Five men and nine women can do a piece of work in 10 days. Six men and twelve women can do the same work in 8 days. In how many days can three men and three women do the work?
A.24 B.18 C.20 D.22 E.None of these.
(5m + 9w)10 = (6m + 12w)8
=> 50m + 90w = 48w + 96 w => 2m = 6w => 1m = 3w 5m + 9w = 5m + 3m = 8m
8 men can do the work in 10 days.
3m +3w = 3m + 1w = 4m
So, 4 men can do the work in (10 * 8)/4 = 20 days.
10. If 12 men or 20 women can do a piece of work in 54 days, then in how many days can 9 men and 12 women together do the work?
A.35 B.38 C.40 D.32 E.None of these.
Given that 12m = 20w => 3m = 5w
9 men + 12 women = 15 women + 12 women = 27 women
20 women can do the work in 54 days. So, 27 women can do it in (20 * 54) /27 = 40 days.
Also Check: Aptitude Questions and Answers
|Areas||Averages||Ratio and Proportion|
|Simple Interest||Simple Equations||Profit and Loss|
|Problems on Numbers||LCM and HCF||Partnership|
|Time and Distance||Compound Interest||Mensuration|
Be on the know,
be a winner.
Top MNC Registrations
Latest Bank Jobs
Quote of the day!
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Wishing is not enough; we must do.