Partnership – Aptitude Questions and Answers
Partnership aptitude questions and answers section with explanation. Practice online test for various interview, competitive and entrance exams.
1. A, B and C invests Rs.2000, Rs.3000 and Rs.4000 in a business. After one year A removed his money; B and C continued the business for one more year. If the net profit after 2 years be Rs.3200, then A’s share in the profit is?
A.Rs.1000 B.Rs.600 C.Rs.800 D.Rs.400
2*12 : 3*12 : 4*24
1: 3: 4
1/8 * 3200 = 400
2. A and B start a business with Rs.6000 and Rs.8000 respectively. Hoe should they share their profits at the end of one year?
A.1:2 B.3:4 C.2:5 D.3:7
They should share the profits in the ratio of their investments.
The ratio of the investments made by A and B =
6000 : 8000 => 3:4
3. A and B starts a business with Rs.8000 each, and after 4 months, B withdraws half of his capital . How should they share the profits at the end of the 18 months?
A.18:11 B.22:13 C.23:12 D.11:9
A invests Rs.8000 for 18 months, but B invests Rs.8000 for the first 4 months and then withdraws Rs.4000. So, the investment of B for remaining 14 months is Rs.4000 only.
A : B
8000*18 : (8000*4) + (4000*14)
14400 : 88000
A:B = 18:11
4. A and B invests Rs.10000 each, A investing for 8 months and B investing for all the 12 months in the year. If the total profit at the end of the year is Rs.25000, find their shares?
A.Rs.8000, Rs.17000 B.Rs.9000, Rs.16000 C.Rs.18000, Rs.7000 D.Rs.10000, Rs.15000
The ratio of their profits A:B = 8:12 = 2:3
Share of A in the total profit = 2/5 * 25000 = Rs.10000 Share of A in the total profit = 3/5 * 25000 = Rs.15000
5. A and B invests Rs.8000 and Rs.9000 in a business. After 4 months, A withdraws half of his capital and 2 months later, B withdraws one-third of his capital. In what ratio should they share the profits at the end of the year?
A.20:23 B.34:43 C.32:45 D.37:45
A : B
(8000*4)+(4000*8) : (9000*6)+(6000*6)
64000 : 90000
32 : 45
6. A and B start a business, with A investing the total capital of Rs.50000, on the condition that B pays A interest @ 10% per annum on his half of the capital. A is a working partner and receives Rs.1500 per month from the total profit and any profit remaining is equally shared by both of them. At the end of the year, it was found that the income of A is twice that of B. Find the total profit for the year?
A.53000 B.58000 C.50000 D.59000
Interest received by A from B = 10% of half of Rs.50000 = 10% * 25000 = 2500.
Amount received by A per annum for being a working partner = 1500 * 12 = Rs.18000.
Let ‘P’ be the part of the remaining profit that A receives as his share. Total income of A = (2500 + 18000 + P)
Total income of B = only his share from the remaining profit = ‘P’, as A and B share the remaining profit equally.
Income of A = Twice the income of B
(2500 + 18000 + P) = 2(P)
P = 20500
Total profit = 2P + 18000
= 2*20500 + 18000 = 59000
7. A, B and C started a business with capitals of Rs. 8000, Rs. 10000 and Rs. 12000 respectively. At the end of the year, the profit share of B is Rs. 1500. The difference between the profit shares of A and C is?
A.Rs. 300 B.Rs. 400 C.Rs. 500 D.Rs. 600 E.None of these
Ratio of investments of A, B and C is 8000 : 10000 : 12000 = 4 : 5 : 6
And also given that, profit share of B is Rs. 1500
=> 5 parts out of 15 parts is Rs. 1500
Now, required difference is 6 – 4 = 2 parts
Required difference = 2/5 (1500) = Rs. 600
8. A started a business with an investment of Rs. 70000 and after 6 months B joined him investing Rs. 120000. If the profit at the end of a year is Rs. 52000, then the share of B is?
A.Rs. 28000 B.Rs. 24000 C.Rs. 30000 D.Rs. 26000 E.None of these
Ratio of investments of A and B is (70000 * 12) : (120000 * 6) = 7 : 6
Total profit = Rs. 52000
Share of B = 6/13 (52000) = Rs. 24000
9. Four car rental agencies A, B, C and D rented a plot for parking their cars during the night. A parked 15 cars for 12 days, B parked 12 cars for 20 days, C parked 18 cars for 18 days and D parked 16 cars for 15 days. If A paid Rs. 1125 as rent for parking his cars, what is the total rent paid by all the four agencies?
A.Rs. 4500 B.Rs. 4800 C.Rs. 5250 D.Rs. 6150 E.None of these
The ratio in which the four agencies will be paying the rents = 15 * 12 : 12 * 20 : 18 * 18 : 16 * 15
= 180 : 240 : 324 : 240 = 45 : 60 : 81 : 60
Let us consider the four amounts to be 45k, 60k, 81k and 60k respectively.
The total rent paid by the four agencies = 45k + 60k + 81k + 60k= 246k
It is given that A paid Rs. 1125
45k = 1125 => k = 25
246k = 246(25) = Rs. 6150
Thus the total rent paid by all the four agencies is Rs. 6150.
10. P and Q started a business with respective investments of Rs. 4 lakhs and Rs. 10 lakhs. As P runs the business, his salary is Rs. 5000 per month. If they earned a profit of Rs. 2 lakhs at the end of the year, then find the ratio of their earnings?
A.2 : 5 B.5 : 2 C.3 : 5 D.1 : 1 E.None of these
Ratio of investments of P and Q is 2 : 5
Total salary claimed by P = 12 * 5000 = Rs. 60000
Total profit = Rs. 2 lakhs.
Profit is to be shared = Rs. 140000
Share of P = (2/7) * 140000 = Rs. 400000
Share of Q = Rs. 100000
Total earnings of P = (60000 + 40000) = Rs. 100000
Ratio of their earnings = 1 : 1
Also Check: Aptitude Questions and Answers
|Areas||Averages||Ratio and Proportion|
|Time and Distance||Simple Interest||Simple Equations|
|Profit and Loss||Volumes||Probability|
|Mensuration||Problems on Numbers||LCM and HCF|
|Time and Work||Compound Interest||Percentages|
Be on the know,
be a winner.
Top MNC Registrations
Latest Bank Jobs
Quote of the day!
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Wishing is not enough; we must do.