Mensuration – Aptitude Questions and Answers
Mensuration aptitude questions and answers section with explanation. Practice online test for various interview, competitive and entrance exams.
1. The length of a rectangle is two – fifths of the radius of a circle. The radius of the circle is equal to the side of the square, whose area is 1225 sq.units. What is the area (in sq.units) of the rectangle if the rectangle if the breadth is 10 units?
A.140 B.156 C.175 D.214 E.None of these
Given that the area of the square = 1225 sq.units
=> Side of square = √1225 = 35 units
The radius of the circle = side of the square = 35 units Length of the rectangle = 2/5 * 35 = 14 units
Given that breadth = 10 units
Area of the rectangle = lb = 14 * 10 = 140 sq.units
2. The sector of a circle has radius of 21 cm and central angle 135o. Find its perimeter?
A.91.5 cm B.93.5 cm C.94.5 cm D.92.5 cm E.None of these
Perimeter of the sector = length of the arc + 2(radius)
= (135/360 * 2 * 22/7 * 21) + 2(21)
= 49.5 + 42 = 91.5 cm
3. The dimensions of a room are 25 feet * 15 feet * 12 feet. What is the cost of white washing the four walls of the room at Rs. 5 per square feet if there is one door of dimensions 6 feet * 3 feet and three windows of dimensions 4 feet * 3 feet each?
A.Rs. 4800 B.Rs. 3600 C.Rs. 3560 D.Rs. 4530 E.None of these
Area of the four walls = 2h(l + b)
Since there are doors and windows, area of the walls = 2 * 12 (15 + 25) – (6 * 3) – 3(4 * 3) = 906 sq.ft.
Total cost = 906 * 5 = Rs. 4530
4. The radius of a wheel is 22.4 cm. What is the distance covered by the wheel in making 500 resolutions.
A.252 m B.704 m C.352 m D.808 m E.None of these
In one resolution, the distance covered by the wheel is its own circumference. Distance covered in 500 resolutions.
= 500 * 2 * 22/7 * 22.4 = 70400 cm = 704 m
5. The parameter of a square is equal to the perimeter of a rectangle of length 16 cm and breadth 14 cm. Find the circumference of a semicircle whose diameter is equal to the side of the square. (Round off your answer to two decimal places)
A.77.14 cm B.47.14 cm C.84.92 cm D.94.94 cm E.23.57 cm
Let the side of the square be a cm.
Parameter of the rectangle = 2(16 + 14) = 60 cm Parameter of the square = 60 cm
i.e. 4a = 60
A = 15
Diameter of the semicircle = 15 cm
Circimference of the semicircle
= 1/2(22/7)(15) = 330/14 = 23.57 cm to two decimal places
6. A cube of side one meter length is cut into small cubes of side 10 cm each. How many such small cubes can be obtained?
A.10 B.100 C.1000 D.10000 E.None of these
Explanation:Along one edge, the number of small cubes that can be cut
= 100/10 = 10
Along each edge 10 cubes can be cut. (Along length, breadth and height). Total number of small cubes that can be cut = 10 * 10 * 10 = 1000
7. The area of a square is equal to five times the area of a rectangle of dimensions 125 cm * 64 cm. What is the perimeter of the square?
A.600 cm B.800 cm C.400 cm D.1000 cm E.None of these
Area of the square = s * s = 5(125 * 64)
=> s = 25 * 8 = 200 cm
Perimeter of the square = 4 * 200 = 800 cm.
8. The parameter of a square is double the perimeter of a rectangle. The area of the rectangle is 480 sq cm. Find the area of the square.
A.200 sq cm B.72 sq cm C.162 sq cm D.Cannot be determined E.None of these
Let the side of the square be a cm. Let the length and the breadth of the rectangle be l cm and b cm respectively.
4a = 2(l + b)
2a = l + b
l . b = 480
We cannot find ( l + b) only with the help of l . b. Therefore a cannot be found .
Area of the square cannot be found.
9. The length of a rectangular floor is more than its breadth by 200%. If Rs. 324 is required to paint the floor at the rate of Rs. 3 per sq m, then what would be the length of the floor?
A.27 m B.24 m C.18 m D.21 m E.None of these
Let the length and the breadth of the floor be l m and b m respectively.
l = b + 200% of b = l + 2b = 3b
Area of the floor = 324/3 = 108 sq m
l b = 108 i.e., l * l/3 = 108
l2 = 324 => l = 18.
10. An order was placed for the supply of a carpet whose breadth was 6 m and length was 1.44 times the breadth. What be the cost of a carpet whose length and breadth are 40% more and 25% more respectively than the first carpet. Given that the ratio of carpet is Rs. 45 per sq m?
A.Rs. 3642.40 B.Rs. 3868.80 C.Rs. 4216.20 D.Rs. 4082.40 E.None of these
Length of the first carpet = (1.44)(6) = 8.64 cm
Area of the second carpet = 8.64(1 + 40/100) 6 (1 + 25/100)
= 51.84(1.4)(5/4) sq m = (12.96)(7) sq m
Cost of the second carpet = (45)(12.96 * 7) = 315 (13 – 0.04) = 4095 – 12.6 = Rs. 4082.40
Also Check: Aptitude Questions and Answers
|Areas||Averages||Ratio and Proportion|
|Time and Distance||Simple Interest||Simple Equations|
|Profit and Loss||Volumes||Probability|
|Problems on Numbers||LCM and HCF||Partnership|
|Time and Work||Compound Interest||Percentages|
Be on the know,
be a winner.
Top MNC Registrations
Latest Bank Jobs
Quote of the day!
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Wishing is not enough; we must do.