Compound Interest – Aptitude Questions and Answers
Compound Interest aptitude questions and answers section with explanation. Practice online test for various interview, competitive and entrance exams.
1. Compound interest earned on a sum for the second and the third years are Rs.1200 and Rs.1440 respectively. Find the rate of interest?
A.18% p.a. B.22% p.a. C.20% p.a. D.24% p.a. E.None of these.
Rs.1440 – 1200 = Rs.240 is the interest on Rs.1200 for one year.
Rate of interest = (100 * 240) / (100 * 1) = 20% p.a
2. A sum of Rs.4800 is invested at a compound interest for three years, the rate of interest being 10% p.a., 20% p.a. and 25% p.a. for the 1st, 2nd and the 3rd years respectively. Find the interest received at the end of the three years.
A.Rs.2520 B.Rs.3120 C.Rs.3320 D.Rs.2760 E.None of these
Let A be the amount received at the end of the three years.
A = 4800[1 + 10/100][1 + 20/100][1 + 25/100]
A = (4800 * 11 * 6 * 5)/(10 * 5 * 4)
A = Rs.7920
So the interest = 7920 – 4800 = Rs.3120
3. The compound and the simple interests on a certain sum at the same rate of interest for two years are Rs.11730 and Rs.10200 respectively. Find the sum.
A.Rs.18000 B.Rs.17000 C.Rs.18500 D.Rs.17500 E.None of these.
The simple interest for the first year is 10200/2 is Rs.5100 and compound interest for first year also is Rs.5100. The compound interest for second year on Rs.5100 for one year
So rate of the interest = (100 * 1530)/ (5100 * 1) = 30% p.a.
So P = (100 * 10200)/ (30 * 2) = Rs.17000
4. Ravi invested certain amount for two rates of simple interests at 6% p.a. and 7% p.a. What is the ratio of Ravi’s investments if the interests from those investments are equal?
A.4 : 3 B.3 : 2 C.6 : 5 D.7 : 6 E.None of these
Let x be the investment of Ravi in 6% and y be in 7%
x(6)(n)/100 = y(7)(n)/100
=> x/y = 7/6
x : y = 7 : 6
5. Every year an amount increases by 1/8th of itself. How much will it be after two years if its present value is Rs.64000?
A.Rs.81000 B.Rs.80000 C.Rs.75000 D.Rs.64000
64000* 9/8 * 9/8 = 81000
6. In one year, the population, of a village increased by 10% and in the next year, it decreased by 10%. If at the end of 2nd year, the population was 7920, what was it in the beginning?
A.8500 B.8000 C.8100 D.8400
x*110/100 * 90/100 = 7920
7. The population of a city increases at the rate of 4% p.a. but there is an additional annual increase of 1% in the population due to some job seekers. The percentage increase in the population after 2 years is?
A.10 B.11 C.10.25 D.10.15
5 —- I
0.25 — II
8. Find the amount on Rs.5000 in 2 years, the rate of interest being 4% per first year and 5% for the second year?
A.Rs.460 B.Rs.5640 C.Rs.5460 D.Rs.5604
5000 * 104/100 * 105/100 => 5460
9. What sum of money put at C.I amounts in 2 years to Rs.8820 and in 3 years to Rs.9261?
A.Rs.8000 B.Rs.8400 C.Rs.7500 D.None
8820 —- 441
100 —- ? => 5%
x *105/100 * 105/100 = 8820
x=8820/1.1025 => 8000
10. A sum of money deposited at C.I. amounts to Rs.2420 in 2 years and to Rs.2662 in 3 years. Find the rate percent?
A.15% B.10% C.7 1/2 % D.8%
2420 — 242
100 — ? => 10%
Be on the know,
be a winner.
Top MNC Registrations
Latest Bank Jobs
Quote of the day!
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Wishing is not enough; we must do.