Areas – Aptitude Questions and Answers Online Test
1. The cross-section of a cannel is a trapezium in shape. If the cannel is 10 m wide at the top and 6 m wide at the bottom and the area of cross-section is 640 sq m, the depth of cannel is?
A.20 m B.60 m C.40 m D.80 m
1/2 * d (10 + 6) = 640
d = 80
2. Find the area of circle whose radius is 7m?
A.124 sq m B.154 sq m C.145 sq m D.167 sq m
22/7 * 7 * 7 = 154
3. Find the cost of fencing around a circular field of diameter 28 m at the rate of Rs.1.50 a meter?
A.Rs.150 B.Rs.132 C.Rs.100 D.Rs.125
2 * 22/7 * 14 = 88
88 * 1 1/2 = Rs.132
4. The radius of a circular wheel is 1.75 m, how many revolutions will it make in traveling 1 km?
A.1000 B.2000 C.3000 D.4000
2 * 22/7 * 1.75 * x = 11000
x = 1000
5. If the wheel is 14 cm then the number of revolutions to cover a distance of 1056 cm is?
A.15 B.10 C.14 D.12
2 * 22/7 * 14 * x = 1056 => x = 12
6. The radius of a semi circle is 6.3 cm then its perimeter is?
A.35.4 cm B.32.4 cm C.32 cm D.30 cm
36/7 r = 6.3 = 32.4
7. The perimeter of a semi circle is 144 cm then the radius is?
A.25 cm B.28 cm C.30 cm D.35 cm
36/7 r = 144 => r = 28
8. The length of rectangle is thrice its breadth and its perimeter is 96 m, find the area of the rectangle?
A.432 sq m B.356 sq m C.452 sq m D.428 sq m
2(3x + x) = 96
l = 36 b = 12
lb = 36 * 12 = 432
9. A rectangular grass field is 75 m * 55 m, it has a path of 2.5 m wide all round it on the outside. Find the area of the path and the cost of constructing it at Rs.2 per sq m?
A.675, Rs.1350 B.575, Rs.1350 C.1350, Rs.675 D.None
Area = (l + b +2d) 2d
= (75 + 55 +2.5 * 2) 2*2.5 => 675
675 * 2 = Rs.1350
10. The length of a rectangle is increased by 25% and its breadth is decreased by 20%. What is the effect on its area?
A.Remains same B.5% decrease C.5% increase D.10% increase
100 * 100 = 10000
125 * 80 = 10000
Also: Practice Aptitude Questions and Answers:
Be on the know,
be a winner.
Top MNC Registrations
Latest Bank Jobs
Quote of the day!
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Wishing is not enough; we must do.