About GATE 2015-2016:
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all India examination that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of the candidate in various undergraduate subjects in Engineering/Technology/Architecture and post-graduate level subjects in Science. The GATE score of a candidate reflects a relative performance level in a particular subject in the exam across several years. The score is used for admissions to post-graduate programs (e.g., M.E., M.Tech, direct Ph.D.) in Indian institutes of higher education with financial assistance provided by MHRD and other Government agencies. The score may also be used by Public and Private Sector Undertakings for employment screening purposes.
The information in this brochure is mainly categorized into Pre-Examination (Eligibility, Application submission, Examination Centers, etc.), Examination (Syllabus, Pattern, Marks/Score, Model Question Papers, etc.) & Post-Examination (Answers, Results, Scorecard, etc.) sections.
The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) jointly administer the conduct of GATE. The operations related to GATE in each of the 8 zones are managed by a zonal GATE Office at the IITs or IISc. The Organizing Institute (OI) is responsible for the end-to-end process and coordination amongst the administering Institutes. The Organizing Institute for GATE 2015 is IIT Kanpur.
Tips to Crack GATE 2016 Exam:
- Be relaxed a day before the GATE Exam.
- Reach the exam venue on time, or if possible try to be there a bit early.
- Don’t panic at the time of exam or before the exam. Stay cool and answer well.
- Answer the questions carefully and try to avoid answering un known questions. Always keep in mind that there is 33% negative marking in GATE exam. allindiajobs.in
- Before the GATE 2015 exam, try to practice as many mock tests as possible. There are many sites to practice mock tests. Here is the one website which has GATE 2015 Online Mock Tests.
- Practice well to get good score in GATE. Practice is the key to success in any exam or competitive test. So practice as much as possible.
- Note down all formulas in a paper and memorize daily. Since engineering subjects have lot of formulae, its better to memorize them daily.
- Make your own exam plan, every one should have their own plan. Some people go through the complete paper once in the starting and start answering from the section in which they are strong. And some people try to answer from the starting question.
- General ability carries 15% of total marks. So don’t ignore this section.