Sterlite Industries Interview Questions
Sterlite Industries is a subsidiary of Vedanta Resources. Sterlite Industries is mainly involved in the production of copper rods used in transformer industry, copper wires used for electrical wiring purposes and also other chemical products. Sterlite Industries is now hiring graduates for various positions. In this page, we are providing you with the required interview questions that will be useful for you in the interview with Sterlite Industries.
Check Here For Sterlite Industries Recruitment
Sterlite Industries Interview Rounds
In this company, you have openings for various domains. The interview process is same for almost all these positions. The interview process at Sterlite Industries is consisting of 4 rounds. They are
- Online Written exam
- GD or JAM (optional)
- Technical Interview
- HR Interview
Sterlite Industries Technical Interview Questions for Freshers
The technical round of interview for a fresher will be a very easy one because you are just graduated and are completely equipped with the basic required knowledge to handle any position. Here we are to help with the basically asked technical interview questions at Sterlite Industries.
Chemistry Interview Questions
- Explain what is a mole?
- Mention the formula to calculate pH of a solution?
- What excites you about Chemistry?
- Why are substances like caustic soda and calcium chloride called hygroscopic substances?
- Ethanol containing 5% water By which name is it known?
- Which group of gases contribute to the “Green House effect”?
- Any reaction can be reversed by applying potential. But, why can’t we recharge the primary cell?
- What are the names of the three different rays emitted by radioactive substances?
- Explain the terms Aliquot and Diluent?
- Why would we all suffocate, if all the green plants were killed?
- Define molality.
- What are factors that affect the rate of reaction?
- What is meant by Buffer Solution?
- Why is acetic acid less conductive than HCl?
- What is the difference between organic and inorganic chemistry?
- Define levigation.
- What is isomerism? What are the types of isomerism?
Sterlite Industries HR Interview Questions for Freshers
You have already cleared the technical round of interview and have entered the last round. One step ahead your dream job will be yours. This is the deciding round where you will be analyzed based on your personal skills. Here are few basically asked hr interview questions which may be helpful in your interview.
- Why haven’t you get a job yet?
- How do you feel about working nights and weekend?
- How do you measure success?
- What have you learned from your failures?
- Why does this role interest you?
- How do you consider yourself successful?
- Describe your ideal company, location, and job.
- Do you wish to pursue higher education?
- Tell me about something you did – or failed to do – that you now feel a little ashamed of?
- What is the most significant thing you’ve done since breakfast?
- What do you want to achieve in the next 5 years?
Sterlite Industries Technical Interview Questions for Experienced
The technical interview for experienced candidates will mostly concentrate on the work that they would be allotted. Since they will be having experience with this work, they are suggested to get prepared for each and every concept in detail. Here are few generally asked interview questions for various positions at Sterlite Industries.
Chemical Engineer Interview Questions
- What is the difference between unit operation and unit process?
- What is the basis of choosing shell side and tube side fluid?
- What is corrosion? Which is the most important material used for metallic coating?
- What are the design considerations for a piping system in order to transfer slurries?
- What is meant by wet bulb globe temperature?
- What are the different characteristics that can affect the flow of bulk solids and how?
- Compare between Orifice Meter and Venturi Meter.
- Why are centrifugal pumps widely used in process industries than positive displacement pumps?
- What are the typically used pneumatic conveying systems?
- How will you determine the particle size distribution for a given bulk solid?
Electrical Engineer Interview Questions
- What is the difference between MCB & MCCB, Where it can be used?
- How can an equal potential zone be carried out in conductors?
- What is the difference between a single pole and a double pole circuit breaker?
- What is a differential amplifier? Also, explain CMRR.
- Why Negative Feedback is preferred in the Control System?
- What is material required planning?
- How can you relate power engineering with electrical engineering?
- What is the effect of hysteresis loss in transformer/machines?
- What quality checks did you use to test your projects?
- What is the difference between neutral circuit and core balance circuit protection?
- What type of electrical engineering projects have you supervised or engineered?
- What is a stepper motor? What are its uses?
- What is an SF6 circuit breaker?
- Why temperature raise is considered in bus bars and isolators?
- What is meant by armature reaction?
- What are the advantages of speed control using a thyristor?
- If a lamp is connected between two phases will it glow or not?
- What is the function of choke in a tube light?
- How does a generator generate reactive power?
Sterlite Industries HR Interview Questions for Experienced
The hr round plays a prominent role in determining whether a person had made his interview successful or not. It is that important because it is the only way for the interviewer to calculate your capabilities and share his workspace with you. Here we are providing you with some of the basically asked interview questions that are needed to clear the interview at Sterlite Industries.
- Are you willing to change your role and profile when required for a project?
- What is your ideal company culture?
- How would you rate your memory?
- What quality in your co-workers irritates you?
- Have you ever done any volunteer work? If so, what was it like?
- What steps do you follow to study a problem before making a decision?
- What do you think is a reasonable orientation time?
- What do you do to keep your self-updated in your work field?
- Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Wednesday, Friday, or Saturday?
- Are you happy with your career-to-date?
- What was most and least rewarding about your last position?
- Would your previous employer recommend you?
- What Qualities do you look for in your boss?
Hope this article is helpful to you in attending your interview at Sterlite Industries. Wish you a very good luck for your interview. For more job updates keep visiting our website All India Jobs regularly.