If you are one of them cleared Preliminary Exam and waiting for NPSC Civil Service Mains Syllabus 2017-2018 then refer the complete post very attentively. We had provided the NCS, NPS, NSS & Allied Services Syllabus along with Exam Pattern in this article. Aspirants can capture this information and prepare well for the Mains Examination. Mains Syllabus is difficult when compared to Prelims Syllabus. So the contenders need to do more hard work for the Mains Examination. For the convenience of candidates, we had provided the Exam Pattern along with Syllabus with a clear explanation. By using this information aspirants can start your preparation for the written test now onwards. Applicants also take a look at Nagaland Public Service Commission official website @ www.npsc.co.in.
You Can Also Check: Nagaland PSC Jobs
NPSC Civil Service Mains Syllabus 2017-2018
The Nagaland Public Service Commission will announce the Mains Exam date in upcoming months. So the candidates can start your groundwork for the Mains Exam by using the NPSC Civil Service Mains Syllabus 2017-2018. For the comfort of aspirants, we had explained the subjects, topics, and sub-topics in every subject Syllabus in an understandable manner. Contenders can get an idea about the question paper pattern and time management by using the Exam Pattern and NCS, NPS, NSS & Allied Services Syllabus. Once the applicants get the grip on this aspects you will write the written exam easily within the time limit and score maximum marks. So don’t neglect this information and don’t waste your valuable time for the searching in various websites on the Internet for the Syllabus. We hope that the candidates can utilize this information at the time of preparation. We will update this article with more information rather than this. So aspirants can check our website frequently for more updates.
NPSC Civil Service Mains Exam Pattern
|Papers||Subject Name||Total Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper-I(MCQ’s)||General English||200 Marks||3Hrs|
|Paper-II(MCQ’s)||General Studies I||200 Marks||3Hrs|
|Paper-III(Descriptive)||General Studies II||200 Marks||3Hrs|
- General English, General Studies Paper I and General Studies Paper II are the subjects for the Mains Examination.
- The Mains Exam question paper will contain Multiple Choice Questions(MCQ’s) and Descriptive Type Questions.
- General English and General Studies Paper I in MCQ’s form.
- General Studies Paper II in Descriptive form of short and long answer questions.
- Each paper will carry 200 Marks and the time duration for each paper is 3hrs.
- There will be negative marking for wrong answers.
- For each wrong answer, one third (1/3rd) of the marks will be deducted.
- The aspirants will write the written exam carefully because there is a negative marking.
- So candidates can prepare more time for the Mains Exam when compared to the Prelims Exam.
NPSC Civil Service Mains Selection Process
- The Nagaland Public Service Commission will select the contenders in 3 stages.
- One is Prelims Exam, the second one is Mains Exam and the third one is Interview.
- The candidates who had clear the Prelims Exam with qualifying marks will go for the Mains Exam.
- Applicants will also clear the Mains Exam will get a call for the Interview.
- The final result will be announced by the Nagaland Public Service Commission.
NPSC Civil Service Mains Syllabus 2017-2018
The candidates can capture the NPSC Civil Service Mains Syllabus 2017-2018 is given below. We had provided the NCS, NPS, NSS & Allied Services Syllabus in a simple manner for the convenience of aspirants. After grabbing the Syllabus applicants can start your preparation for the Mains Exam.
NPSC Civil Service Mains Syllabus 2017-2018 For General English
- Essay: Crisis management, Social problems, Analysis and solutions, Current events of national and international importance, Current events relating to the State of Nagaland.
NPSC Civil Service Mains General Studies Paper I(MCQ) Syllabus 2017-2018
- The modern history of India and Indian culture.
- Current events of national and international importance.
- Statistical analysis, graphs, and diagrams.
- Basic and everyday science.
- Nagaland in all aspects: Modern history of India and Indian culture will cover the broad history of the country from about the middle of the nineteenth century (advent of European invasion) and would include questions on Gandhi and Nehru. Statistical analysis, graphs, and diagrams will include exercises to test the candidate’s ability to draw common sense conclusions from information presented in the statistical, graphical and diagrammatical form and to point out deficiencies, limitations therein. Basic and everyday science will cover matters of everyday observation and experiences of a modern man. General information on Nagaland.
NPSC Civil Service Mains Syllabus 2017-2018 For General Studies Paper II(Descriptive)
- Indian polity and Public Administration: Constitution, administration and Political system in India.
- Indian economy and geography: planning, the physical, economic and social geography of India.
- Social problems and sensitive: Issues will include problems like child labor, HIV/AIDS, gender bias, minorities, SC/ST, illiteracy, poverty, employment etc. Global issues such as environmental problems.
- Administration in Nagaland: general administration like organizational structure, local bodies, functions, control, social welfare-oriented programmes.
- Nagaland: Geography, society, culture, and heritage.
Visit our website www.allindiajobs.in for more updates about this article. Candidates have any doubts can check the Nagaland Public Service Commission official website www.npsc.co.in for more information.