Megha Health Insurance Scheme (MHIS): In this article, users can get complete details of Megha Health Insurance Scheme 2017-18 | MHIS Hospitals List, Vacancy, Eligibility, Rules, Advertisement, Phase 3, Phase 4 list of beneficiaries. MHIS has been introduced as a health insurance by the Government of Meghalaya, following the framework of RSBY. It is called Megha Health Insurance Scheme (Rashtriya Swaythiya Bima Yojana + Universal Health Insurance Scheme). Megha Health Insurance Scheme is a Universal Health Insurance Scheme (UHIS) in the State of Meghalaya. The MHIS scheme is formed to provide health insurance to all people who are resident in the Indian State of Meghalaya excluding state and central government employees.
You can also check: Govt Jobs in Meghalaya & Megalaya PSC Recruitment
Megha Health Insurance Scheme (MHIS) 2017-18
The Megha Health Insurance Scheme (RSBY + UHIS) was launched on 15th December 2012 at Polo Grounds by the Honorable Chief Minister Dr Mukul Sangma. The vision of Megha Health Insurance Scheme is to see the Meghalaya State where each family is under the Universal Health Insurance Coverage receiving quality and affordable healthcare. Megha Health Insurance Scheme covers hospitalization expenses up to 2,00,000 for a family of five on a floater basis. A single beneficiary can avail a maximum of about 1,70,000 at one point of time. There are certain common exclusions under the scheme, which is as follows
- Conditions that do not require hospitalization
- Congenital external diseases
- Drug and Alcohol Induced illness
- Sterilization and Fertility related procedures
- War, Nuclear invasion
- Naturopathy,Unani, Siddha, Ayurveda
Objective of Megha Health Insurance Scheme (MHIS)
- To improve the overall service quality, including patient care facilities.
- To practice the quality database maintenance of the population of the State.
- To provide strong quality control, monitoring and fraud control mechanisms.
- To enhance citizen’s voice and empower patients by influencing their health seeking behaviors.
- Ensuring costing packages are monitored faithfully which is aimed to reduce civilian medical expenditure.
- To create a sustainable and practical universal health insurance scheme for the residents of the Meghalaya State.
- To strengthen the hospital network, implementation, administration, enrollment and utilization of the benefits under the Scheme.
- To provide adequate cover after considering the incidence rate of regional diseases and diseases or illnesses requiring tertiary care procedures.
MHIS Enrollment Process
MHIS Enrolment Schedule
|East Khasi Hills||Mylliem||SNA MHIS Office, DHS Health Complex|
|West Khasi Hills||Nongstoin||D.C. Office (Room 216), Nongstoin|
|South West Khasi Hills||Mawkyrwat||Mawkyrwat CHC|
|Ri Bhoi||Umling||MUDA Complex Nongpoh (Room 114)|
|West Jaintia Hills||Thadlaskein||DM&HO Office Jowai|
|East Jaintia Hills||Khliehriat||DM&HO Office Khliehriat|
|South Garo Hills||Baghmara||Baghmara Civil Hospital|
|East Garo Hills||Samanda||D.C. Office Williamnagar|
|South West Garo Hills||Betasing & Zikzak||DM&HO Ampati|
|North Garo Hills||Resubelpara||Resubelpara CHC|
|West Garo Hills||Rongram||District Maternity & Child Hospital Tura|
MHIS List of District Kiosk
- Re-issuing of lost Smart Cards
- Modification of Smart Cards
|East Khasi Hills||Idahun Mawkhlieng||Civil Hospital, Shillong|
|West Khasi Hills||Gilbert Marwein||DM&HO Office, Nongstoin|
|South West Khasi Hills||Wandahun Marwein||Mawkyrwat CHC|
|West Jaintia Hills||Salanmi law||DM&HO Office Jowai|
|Ri Bhoi||Ibanlumlang Syiemiong||DM&HO Office, Nongpoh|
|East Jaintia Hills||Pynshngain Nongtdu||DM&HO Office Khliehriat|
|South Garo Hills||Sengrang Sangma||Baghmara Civil Hospital|
|East Garo Hills||Rinthu A Sangma||Civil Hospital, Williamnagar|
|West Garo Hills||Marchthen A Sangma||District Maternity & Child Hospital Tura|
|South West Garo Hills||Dipesh Hajong||DM&HO Ampati|
|North Garo Hills||Salkim||Resubelpara CHC|
We hope we have provided enough information about MHIS Hospitals List, Vacancy, Eligibility, Rules, Advertisement, Phase 3, Phase 4 list of beneficiaries. For further information on the functioning of the Megha Health Insurance Scheme and other details kindly visit official website i.e www.mhis.nic.in. For more Meghalaya updates, keep visiting our website All India Jobs.
For MHIS Hospitals, Eligibility, Rules, Advertisement: Click Here