TNAU AAO Syllabus 2017
Good News for the applicants who had applied for the Tamilnadu Agricultural University Recruitment 2017. Here we have provided TNAU AAO Syllabus 2017. Applicants can download TNAU AAO Syllabus and exam pattern 2017 for better preparation. Candidates who are interested in working in Tamil Nadu can apply for these vacancies. Tamilnadu Agricultural University has released recruitment notification for Assistant Agricultural Officer position.
Interested aspirants can apply for 206 AAO openings on or before the last date. So contenders have to start their Preparation by knowing the exam pattern & Syllabus. So here we had given the TNAU AAO Syllabus for the candidates who are eagerly waiting for the exam. Applicants who are searching for the syllabus can check the Actual information here. Aspirants who are searching for TNAU AAO Syllabus, they are in right place. Here we have uploaded Tamilnadu Agricultural University AAO Syllabus and exam pattern.
Competitors who had Already applied can check out the TNAU AAO Previous Papers and Syllabus for better Exam Preparation. Previous Papers will help the Applicants to prepare well and can improve their chance of getting selected in the Recruitment Process. Competition for these vacancies is going sky high so we insist the candidates work hard and Practice hard for the Recruitment. Candidates are suggested can check it for reference purpose only. For other Govt Jobs and Previous Papers, candidates are welcomed to Go through our site All India Jobs for more Official Stuff.
Details about TNAU Recruitment 2017
|Organization Name||Tamilnadu Agricultural University|
|Post Name(s)||Assistant Agricultural Officer|
|Number of Vacancies||206|
|Starting Date||9th May 2017|
|Last Date||22nd May 2017|
TNAU AAO Exam Pattern 2017
|S.no||Subject||Max Marks||Time Duration|
|1||Written Examination PAPER I (150 questions) Agriculture / Horticulture (Diploma Standard)||150||2 1/2 Hours|
|2||PAPER II (50 questions) General Studies (+2 Standard)||50|
TNAU AAO Syllabus 2017
TNAU Paper-I Syllabus – Diploma In Agriculture
- Principles of Agronomy and Agricultural Meteorology
- Spices, Plantation, Medicinal plants, and Floriculture
- Soils and their management
- Propagation methods in Horticultural crops
- Basic and applied microbiology
- Farm Machinery and Post harvest Processing
- Agronomy of Field Crops- I
- Fundamentals of Livestock and Poultry Production
- Vegetable and Fruit culture
- Crop pests and their management
- Soil Nutrient Management
- Energy and Environment
- Crop diseases and their management
- General and Economic Entomology
- Principles of Plant Pathology
- Commercial agriculture
- Dry farming and agroforestry
- Agricultural economics and marketing
- Irrigation and Weed Management
- Breeding of field crops
- Agronomy of field crops
- Seed production techniques in field crops
- Nursery Technology
- Extension methods and audio visual aids.
TNAU Paper-I Syllabus – Diploma In Horticulture
- Basics in Horticulture
- Fundamentals of Agronomy
- Soil and Fertility management for Horticultural crops
- Farm Machinery for Horticultural crops
- Basics in Livestock Management and Poultry Production
- Fruit crops Production Technology
- Plant propagation practices
- Dry Land Horticulture
- Plantation crops Production Technology
- Medicinal and Aromatic crops production technology
- Agroforestry and Silvihorticulture
- Irrigation and Weed management in Horticultural crops
- Basics in Plant protection
- Vegetable crops Production Technology
- Flower crops Production Technology
- Spice crops Production Technology
- Basics of Ornamental gardening and Landscaping
- Pests of Horticultural crops and their Management
- Diseases of Horticultural crops and their management
- Commercial Agriculture
- Farm Management and Marketing
- Fundamentals of Extension Education
- Protected cultivation
- Seed production Technology of Horticultural crops
- Post Harvest Handling and value addition of Horticultural crops.
Unit‐I General Science
Physics Nature of Universe‐General Scientific laws‐Inventions and discoveries‐National scientific laboratories‐Mechanics and properties of matter‐Physical quantities, standards and units‐Force, motion and energy‐Magnetism, electricity and electronics‐ Heat, light and sound Chemistry‐Elements and Compounds‐Acids, bases and salts‐Fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides Botany‐Main Concepts of life science‐Classification of living organism‐Nutrition and dietetics‐Respiration Zoology‐Blood and blood circulation‐Reproductive system‐Environment, ecology, health and hygiene‐Human diseases, prevention and remedies‐Animals, plants and human life.
Unit‐ II. Current Events
History Latest diary of events‐national ‐National symbols‐Profile of States‐Eminent persons &places in news‐Sports & games‐Books & authors ‐Awards & honors’‐India and its neighbors Political Science‐Problems in the conduct of public elections‐Political parties and political system in India‐Public awareness & General administration ‐Welfare oriented govt. schemes, their utility Geography‐Geographical landmarks‐Economics: Current socio‐economic problems Science: Latest inventions on science & technology.
Unit – III
Geography Earth and Universe‐Solar system‐Monsoon, rainfall, weather & climate‐Water resources ‐‐‐ rivers in India‐Soil, minerals & natural resources‐Forest & wildlife‐Agricultural pattern‐Transport & communication‐Social geography population‐density and distribution‐Natural calamities – Disaster Management.
Unit – IV
History and culture of India and Tamil Nadu Indus valley civilization‐Guptas, Delhi Sultans, Mughals and Marathas‐Age of Vijayanagaram and the bahmanis‐South Indian history‐Culture and Heritage of Tamil people‐India since independence‐ Characteristics of Indian culture‐Unity in diversity – race, colour, language, custom‐India‐as secular state‐Growth of rationalist, Dravidian movement in TN‐Political parties and populist schemes.
Unit ‐ V: Indian Polity
Constitution of India‐‐Preamble to the constitution‐ Salient features of constitution‐ Union, state and territory‐ Citizenship‐rights amend duties‐Fundamental rights‐ Fundamental duties‐ Human rights charters Union legislature – Parliament‐. State executive‐ State Legislature – assembly‐ Local government – panchayat raj – Tamil Nadu‐ Judiciary in India – Rule of law/Due process of laws. Elections‐. Official language and Schedule‐VIII‐. Corruption in public life‐.Anti‐corruption measures –CVC, lokadalats, Ombudsman, CAG‐ Right to information‐Empowerment of women‐ Consumer protection forms.
Unit ‐ VI: Indian Economy
Nature of Indian economy‐ Five‐year plan models‐an assessment‐Land reforms & agriculture‐Application of science in agriculture‐Industrial growth‐Rural welfare oriented programmers‐Social sector problems – population, education, health, employment, poverty‐Economic trends in Tamil Nadu.
Unit – VII: Indian National Movement
National renaissance‐‐Emergence of national leaders‐Gandhi, Nehru, Tagore‐Different modes of agitations‐Role of Tamil Nadu in freedom struggle Rajaji, VOC, Periyar, Bharathiar & others.
Unit – VIII: Aptitude & Mental Ability Tests
Conversion of information to data‐Collection, compilation and presentation of data ‐Tables, graphs, diagrams‐Parametric representation of data‐Analytical interpretation of data ‐ Simplification‐Percentage‐Highest Common Factor (HCF)‐Lowest Common Multiple (LCM)‐Ratio and Proportion‐Simple interest‐ Compound interest‐Area‐Volume‐Time and Work ‐ Logical Reasoning‐ Puzzles ‐ Dice‐Visual Reasoning‐Alpha numeric Reasoning‐Number Series.