Good News for the candidates who are going to apply for the UPSC Civil Services posts. The UPSC Civil Services Syllabus is the main step to achieve the target of getting a job in UPSC Civil Services. Aspirants who are going to write the exam are doubtful about its preparation. So Aspirants can now start Preparation by knowing the exam pattern & Syllabus.
So here we had given the Clear exam pattern & Syllabus for the candidates who are eagerly waiting for the exam. Applicants who are searching for the syllabus can check the Actual information here. UPSC Civil Services Notification has been out for a while. UPSC Civil Services has announced a notification to fill up multiple vacant positions. Interested candidates can check them and apply for the openings on or before the last date.
You can also check: UPSC IES Syllabus
As the competition is heavy for the jobs we request the candidates to start their preparation as early as possible. Generally, Candidates will be selected for the Position only if they perform well during the Selection process. In this post candidates who are willing to apply can check out UPSC Civil Services Previous Papers and Exam Pattern for better Preparation. Candidates can also check other Govt Jobs on our site All India Jobs for more updated and fresh Official Information.
UPSC Syllabus 2017:
Aspirants who are searching for the UPSC Civil Services examination. Here you can know about the previous question papers & Exam pattern & other important information from our site. You can download previous UPSC Civil Services question papers here before attending the exam applicants can check for the previous question papers, syllabus & Exam pattern here. Practice these Previous papers well to score good marks in your exam. Aspirants can only use them as a reference for their preparation. Before going to the examination candidates must know about the pattern of the exam so that he can judge what to read and what not to so for the sake of candidates here we are providing both exam pattern and syllabus. Keep visiting all India jobs for regular syllabus and job updates.
UPSC Combined Civil Service Exam Pattern :
UPSC Civil Service Prelims Exam Pattern:
|General Studies Paper – I(Counted for the merit rank in the Prelims)||200 Marks|
|General Studies Paper – II (Not counted for the merit rank in Prelims but a qualifying Paper; just needs 33% marks)||200 Marks|
UPSC Civil Service Main Exam Pattern:
|Paper A||(One of the Indian languages listed below, to be selected by the candidate (from the languages listed in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution of India) (Qualifying)||300 Marks|
|Paper B||English (Qualifying)||300 Marks|
|Paper I||Essay||250 Marks|
|Paper II||General Studies I (Indian heritage and culture, history and geography of the world and society)||250 Marks|
|Paper III||General Studies II (Governance, constitution, polity, social justice, and international relations)||250 Marks|
|Paper IV||General Studies III (Technology, economic development, biodiversity, environment, security and disaster management)||250 Marks|
|Paper V||General Studies-IV(ethics, integrity, and aptitude)||250 Marks|
|Paper VI, VII||Two papers on subjects to be selected by the candidate from the list of optional subjects below (250 marks for each paper)||500 Marks|
|Total (WRITTEN TEST)||1750|
UPSC Combined Civil Service Exam Syllabus:
UPSC Civil Service Syllabus for Main Exam Paper I:
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science.
UPSC Civil Service Exam Syllabus for Main Paper II:
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- General mental ability.
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level).
UPSC Civil Services Exam Syllabus for Civil Services Main Exam:
- The written examination (main) will consist of the following nine papers, but only 7 papers will be counted for final merit ranking. For the rest two papers, the candidate should secure minimum marks prescribed by UPSC each year.
UPSC Civil Services Exam Syllabus for Qualifying Papers – Not counted for final ranking:
- Paper ‐ A – Indian Language – Syllabus. (One of the Indian Languages to be selected by the candidate from the Languages included in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution. This paper will not be compulsory for candidates hailing from the States of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Sikkim.)
- Paper‐ B – English Language
Papers to be counted for merit ranking:
- Paper‐I Essay – Syllabus. 250 Marks.
- Paper‐II General Studies – I – Syllabus. 250Marks. (Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society).
- Paper‐III General Studies –II – Syllabus. 250 Marks. (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations).
- Paper‐IV General Studies –III – Syllabus. 250 Marks. (Technology, Economic Development, Bio‐diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management).
- Paper‐V General Studies –IV – Syllabus. 250 Marks. (Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude).
- Paper‐VI Optional Subject – Paper 1 – 250 Marks.
- Paper‐VII Optional Subject – Paper 2 – 250 Marks.
UPSC Civil Service Syllabus for Optional Subjects:
- Public Administration
- Political Science
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
- Civil Engineering
- Geology Syllabus
- Mathematics Syllabus
- Management Syllabus
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Science Syllabus
- Physics Syllabus
- Statistics Syllabus
- Zoology Syllabus
- Literature of any one of the following languages – Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Dogri, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Santhali, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, English.
We hope the aspirants got enough information to start their preparation for the UPSC Civil Services examination. Keep visiting www.allindiajobs.in to get updated information about UPSC Civil Services Syllabus and Exam pattern.