Punjab Irrigation Dept SDE Syllabus 2017 - The Written Exam Conducted by the Punjab Irrigation Department for Sub Divisional Engineer Posts Consists of Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions Questions from Various Subjects. Applicants should Attempt total of 150 Questions in 3 Hours. The Questions will be asked from General Studies and Professional Knowledge.
Punjab Irrigation Dept SDE Syllabus 2017:
Dear readers, the Punjab Irrigation Dept SDE syllabus and exam pattern provided here just for information purpose only. Sometimes companies may change their syllabus and exam pattern. So Please check official company website for latest syllabus. Keep visiting all India jobs for regular syllabus and job updates.
The Punjab Irrigation Department is an authorized organization working under the State Government of Punjab. It looks after the works related to irrigation, agriculture in the state of Punjab. It provides planning & funds for utilization of water resources through building Dams, Reservoirs etc. This department plans & puts efforts for conservation & effective utilization of Groundwater & other important resources in Punjab State. The Punjab Irrigation Department releases notification every year for the recruitment of efficient candidates into various posts. Candidates will be selected based upon their performance in the Written test & Personal Interview conducted by the officials. Working in the irrigation department of Punjab means being part of the backbone of the chain of our country. This is no ordinary job. Check the syllabus and pattern given below and prepare with focus.
Punjab Irrigation Dept SDE Exam Pattern 2017:
|S. No||Sections||Subject||No of Questions||Duration|
|1.||Section A||General Awareness and General Knowledge||60 Questions||3 Hours|
|4.||General Punjabi (up to Matric Standard)|
|6.||Section B||Professional||90 Questions|
General Awareness and General Knowledge Syllabus 2017:
- Inventions and Discoveries
- Indian History
- Indian Parliament
- Famous Days & Dates
- Famous Books & Authors
- Indian Politics
- Indian Economy
- General Science
- Current Affairs
- Rivers, Lakes and Seas
- Famous Places in India
- Countries and Capitals
General Intelligence Syllabus:
- Analytical Ability,
- Quantitative and visual-spatial reasoning.
Computer knowledge Syllabus 2017:
- Introduction of Computer and History.
- Operating Systems.
- PC and System Software.
- Computer Network.
- Computer Devices.
- MS Word: MS Excel.
- Internet Programming Language (HTML/DHTML).
- Security Aspects for PC, e-world.
- Advanced Technology Regarding Computer.
- Various Uses of Computer.
General English (Up to Graduation standard):
- Sentence Completion
- Spelling Test
- Passage Completion
- Sentence Arrangement
- Idioms and Phrases
- Para Completion
- Error Correction (Underlined Part)
- Fill in the blanks
- Active and Passive Voice
- Spotting Errors
- Sentence Improvement
- Joining Sentences
- Error Correction (Phrase in Bold)
- Identify the Errors
- Plural Forms
- Odd Words
- Identify the Sentences
- Sentence Pattern
- Tag Questions
Irrigation Engineering and Water Resources Syllabus:
- Physical properties of fluids.
- Types of fluids.
- Fluid kinematics.
- Fluid dynamics.
- Flow through pipes.
- Laminar and turbulent flow.
- Boundary layer theory.
- Drag and lift.
- Flow measurement devices.
- Dimensional and model analysis.
- Open channel flow.
- gradually and rapidly varied flow, etc.
General Civil Engineering Syllabus:
- Stresses and strains.
- bending moment and shear force diagrams.
- Analysis of determinate and indeterminate structures.
- Influence line diagrams.
- Cement, aggregate, bricks, stones, Timber, lime and mortar, admixtures and superplasticizers.
- Properties of fresh and hardened concrete.
- Mix design of concrete, etc.
Punjab Irrigation Dept SDE Syllabus – Mechanical:
Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Machinery:
- Principles of Hydraulic machines.
- Power Plant Engineering.
- Properties and classification of fluids.
- Manometry, forces on immersed surfaces.
- Center of pressure.
- Elements of stability of floating bodies, etc.
General Mechanical Engineering:
- Strength of Materials.
- Engineering Materials.
- Theory of Machines & Machine Design.
Punjab Irrigation Dept SDE Syllabus for General Awareness:
- Current Events – Punjab, National, International.
- Geography of India & Punjab.
- History of India & Punjab.
- Indian Constitution.
- General Politics.
- Culture & Heritage of India & Punjab.
- Science & Technology.
- Social Events related to Punjab & India etc.
Punjab Irrigation Dept SDE Syllabus for Mental Ability:
- Analytical Reasoning.
- Number Series.
- Similarities and Differences.
- Blood Relationships.
- Coding & Decoding.
- Non-Verbal Reasoning.
- Alphabet Series.
- Data Sufficiency.
- Visual Ability etc.
Punjab Irrigation Dept SDE Syllabus for Language Proficiency:
- Verbal Ability.
- Error Detection.
- Comprehension etc.
Share This Job Opening...!!