Software Engineer Job Openings 2016 in Cisco Bangalore. Cisco Job Openings in Bangalore for Experienced candidates as Software Engineer Position. Candidate should have Proficiency in C programming and Real-time embedded s/w development experience. Any Graduate are eligible to apply online for Cisco vacancies. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online through the below provided link.
Also Check: Cisco Recruitment 2016-2017 for freshers
Software Engineer Job Openings 2016 in Cisco:
|Job Role||Software Engineer|
|Industry Type||IT - Software|
About Cisco Company:
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
- Cisco Seeks System Software Development team that is responsible for one of Cisco's highest revenue products, the Catalyst 2K,3K,4K Switching Product family.
- As we continue to aggressively expand our business, we are adding new features and products to our existing portfolio.
- You will champion new methodologies and create scalable software solutions that interact with widely deployed Internet products, thereby touching an endless number of users worldwide.
- Be part of the Cisco organization that is driving the evolution and expansion into new technology areas and market segments. The ideal candidate demonstrates a system-level focus while understanding the impact of every component.
- Broad knowledge of and exposure to network protocols as well as embedded and real-time operating systems are essential for success in this role. Participate (may take on a lead role) on a project team of engineers involved in development of software for Cisco products.
- Requires use of a strong background in SW design, documentation and implementation
- Focus on system software development for Catalyst 2k, 3K , 4k family of switches.
- Master software architecture, maintain/enhance quality of existing code base and implement new features in areas like stacking, FEX, nonstop forwarding, stateful switchover, supervisor card, line card and chassis management, in service software upgrade, pluggable optics etc.
- Develop firmware and drivers for various chassis based and fixed configuration switches.
- Participate in design and code reviews in a team spread across geographical boundaries
- Debug, root cause and resolve complex system issues
- Work very closely with ASIC and hardware teams for reviewing specifications, bringing up new hardware, debugging hardware/software interaction issues and implementing any workarounds that might be required
- Will apply knowledge of L2/L3 protocols to understand newer protocols/features.
- Design applications involving multi-platforms.
- Design and develop new software product features.
- Contribute innovative ideas for multiple module architecture. Define product internal/external interfaces.
- Develop complex, multiple modules of code independently.
- Write complete functional and design specs independently.
- Write portions of product spec.
- Lead development of subsystems.
- Solves complex problems at the system level.
- Proficiency in C programming
- Real-time embedded s/w development experience
- Experience with real-time O/S (e.g. VxWorks, pSOS or IOS, Linux)
- Hands-on experience with Unix/Linux development tools
- TCP/IP fundamentals
- Low-level device drivers, PHY and ASIC programming
- Platform s/w development, board bring-up
- Network processor programming experience (e.g. Intel IXP, AMCC, etc)
- System architecture design for networking products such as routers and L2/L3 switches
- POSIX thread programming
- Strong Knowledge of Linux Internals, Experience with User Applications
- L2 and Routing protocols (e.g. OSPF, BGP, RIP, ISIS, etc)
- Multicast protocols (e.g. IGMP, MLD, PIM SM/DM/SSM, etc)
- Access Control List and network security (e.g. 802.1x, RADIUS, Intrusion Detection Systems, etc)
- QoS implementation (classification, marking, polcing, shaping, queuing, RSVP, etc)
- SNMP and network management systems
- VoIP and call control protocols (e.g. H.323, SIP, MGCP, etc)
- Ability to widely apply networking principles, theories and field concepts to product development and possession of working knowledge of related disciplines.
- Understand related products'' architecture. Understand competitive products.
- Ability to apply new technology independently.
- Ability to design multiple subsystem architecture.
- Ability to solve complex problems involving multiple sub systems.
- Interfaces cross-functionally at the working team level. Customer resolution requires excellent communication skills.
- Sponsors and models exemplary team interaction.
- Innovation and Learning. Dedication to Customer Success.
Cisco Selection Process:
- Aptitude Test
- Technical Interview
- HR Interview
Document Required (Original and Photocopies):
- SSC Marksheet
- HSC/Diploma Marksheet
- Graduation & Post Graduation all years’ mark sheets
- Photo ID proof (Pan Card/ Passport / Driving License / College ID)
- 2 photographs
Also Check: Cisco Placement Papers
Related Fresher Jobs: