Yahoo Job Openings for Freshers in Bangalore – Apply Online. Yahoo Recruitment Drive in Bangalore for freshers as Service Reliability Engineering position. BS in Computer Science freshers are eligible to apply for this position. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online through the below provided link.
|Job Role||Service Reliability Engineering|
|Industry Type||IT Software|
- Yahoo!’s Service Reliability Engineering team is seeking a talented “Rapid Response Engineer” to play a vital role in a team that runs critical operations and systems engineering for Yahoo most popular internet sites including Mail, Messenger, Sports, Finance, Games, News, Entertainment and many others.
- This position requires an aggressive troubleshooter who can multitask on problems of varying difficulty, priority and time-sensitivity.
- This versatile position requires familiarity with all the support concepts of busy web sites: Systems and database administration; Networking; Process troubleshooting; QA and rollout automation.
- Identify the priority and criticality of incoming alerts and prioritize appropriately
- Diagnose & repair issues using critical knowledge of Apache, UNIX processes, MySQL and related technologies within the OSI stack.
- Track issues through the ticketing systems and follow through to resolution
- Utilize monitoring tools to proactively identify issues and trends
- Write clear and concise operational runbooks
- Escalate significant issues to service, network or other operations engineers
- Lead by example, deliver results and eliminate missed opportunities
Basic and Preferred Skills:
- Strong knowledge of UNIX systems and hands on commands.
- Knowledge on web servers, DNS, firewalls, TCP/IP and other protocols.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong written & oral communication skills are essential. Proven ability to write bugs, test cases, problem reports
- BS in Computer Science
- Ability to rapidly learn and assimilate knowledge of complex software and systems, and apply understanding of system architecture when planning operational tasks and strategy
- Demonstrable experience in one or more languages such as: shell scripting, Perl, PHP, or Java or C is also a plus
- Experience with statistical analysis of defects and system performance a plus
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP networking, SMTP, HTTP, load-balancers, highly available network servers
Yahoo Selection Process:
- Aptitude Test
- Technical Interview
- HR Interview
Document Required (Original and Photocopies):
- SSC Marksheet
- HSC/Diploma Marksheet
- Graduation & Post Graduation all years’ mark sheets
- Photo ID proof (Pan Card/ Passport / Driving License / College ID)
- 2 photographs