Placement Papers of UST Global 2016-2017. Learn and practice the placement papers and interview questions answers of UST Global and find out how much you score before you appear for your next interview and written test.
UST Global Placement Papers - Interview Questions:1. consist of five statements followed by options consisting of three statements put together in a specific order. Choose the option which indicates a valid argument, i.e. where the third statement is a conclusion drawn from the preceding two statements.
A. All software companies employ knowledge workers.
B. Tara Tech employs knowledge workers.
C. Tara Tech is a software company.
D. Some software companies employ knowledge workers.
E. Tara Tech employs only knowledge workers.
A.ABC B.ACB C.CDB D.ACE
2. A. Traffic congestion increases carbon monoxide in the environment.
B. Increase in carbon monoxide is hazardous to health.
C. Traffic congestion is hazardous to health.
D. Some traffic congestion does not cause increased carbon monoxide.
E. Some traffic congestion is not hazardous to health.
A.CBA B.BDE C.CDE D.BAC
3. A team is to be selected from five men A, B, C, D and E and six women L, M, N, O, P and Q where A, B and N are lecturers; C, D, L, M and O are engineers and the rest are doctors. The team should be selected subject to the following conditions:
i. B cannot go with N or D.
ii. C and P have to be together.
iii. A, L and Q have to be together.
iv. D and L cannot go together.
v. E and M have to be together.
vi.C cannot go with M.
If the team consists of one lecturer, two engineers, three doctors and C does not go with P, the members of the team are:
A.BELMPQ B.ACELPQ C.AELMPQ D.ACEMPQ
Lectures - A B N Engineers - C D L M O Doctors - E P Q C C cannot go with M & P So the possible combination is AELMPQ
4. If the team consists of one lecturer, three engineers and one male doctor, the members of the team are:
A.ADLMQ B.DEMNO C.DELMN D.ALMOQ
from the option only this combination is possible. E is the only male Doctor and D & L cannot go tother.
5. If the team consists of two male lecturers, two lady engineers and one doctor, the members of the team are:
A.ABLOQ B.ABLMQ C.ANLOQ D.ABLOP
Male lectures - A B Lady Engineers - L O Doctor - Q
6. If the team consists of two lecturers, two engineers, two doctors and not more than three ladies, the members of the team can be:
A.ABELPQ B.ABCLPQ C.ABCLMQ D.ABELNQ
Only this option satisfy above conditions
7. If the team consists of one male lecturer, one male engineer, one lady engineer and two doctors, the members of the team are:
A.BCMEQ B.ADLEQ C.ACLPQ D.BCMEP
Only this option satisfy above conditions
8. In each of the following questions, there is a certain relationship between two given words on one side of : : and one word is given on another side of : :while another word is to be found from the given alternatives, having the same relation with this word as the words of the given pair bear. Choose the correct alternative. Errata : Books : : flaws:?
A.Manuscripts B.Metals C.Speech D.Charter
9. Planet : Orbit : : Projectile : ?
A.Trajectory B.Track C.Milky way D.Path
10. Appraiser : Building : : Critic : ?
A.Book B.Masterpiece C.Judge D.Gold
You can also see: Sapient Placement Papers
11. If '245' means—'Art and Talent' in a certain code language, '316' means— 'Callous to Generous', '147' means— 'Callous and Polite' then what is the code used for 'to' ?
A.Only 3 B.Only 1 C.3 or 6 D.Only 6
Callous - 1 and - 4 so 3 or 6 is used to code 'to'
12. In a certain code language '579' means—'Kanchan is soft-spoken', '694' means—”˜Soft-spoken beautiful pure', '473' means—”˜Ganga is pure', then what is the code used for 'Kanchan' ?
A.7 B.5 C.9 D.cannot be determined
9 -soft spoken , 7- is So, Kanchan is - 5
13. Read the following information carefully and answer the questions given below :
(1)A, B, C, D and E are five friends.
(2)B is elder to E, but not as tall as C.
(3)C is younger to A, and is taller to D and E.
(4)A is taller to D, But younger to E.
(5)D is elder to A but is shorter in the group.
Who among the following is the eldest?
A.AB B.C C.cannot determined
In terms of age, we have : E < B, C < A , A < E, A < D So, we have : C < A < E < B, A < D In terms of height, we have : B < C, D < C, E < C, D < A Either B or D is the eldest.
14. Which of the following pairs of students is elder to D?
A.BA B.BC C.BE D.None of these
It cannot be determined
15. Which of the following statements is correct about B?
1) B is not the tallest
2) B is shorter to E
3)When they are asked to stand in ascending order with respect to their heights, B is in the middle
A.Only (1) is correct B.Only (1) and (3) are correct C.All are correct D.All are incorrect
B is shorter than C. So, B is not the tallest
16. If F, another friend is taller than C, how many of them will be between F and E according to their height?
A.One B.Two C.Three D.none of these
Since no definite order of height can be obtained, so it cannot be determined for sure how many persons lie between F and E.
17. If a selection is to be made among them who would be relatively older and also taller, who among them should be chosen?
A.A B.B C.C D.D
A and C are youngest so they cannot be selected. D is shorter than two persons A and C. B is shorter than C only and is also relatively order. So, B will be selected. E is younger than B
18. In each of the questions (46-50) consists of a question and two statements marked I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question. Read both the statements and give answer
(A) If the data in statement I alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement II alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
(B) If the data in statements I alone are not sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question.
(C) If the data either in statement I or in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question.
(D) If the data even in both the statements I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question.
(E) If the data in both statements I and II together are needed to answer the question.
What does 'Ne' stands for in the code language?
I. 'Na Ni Nok Ne' means 'I will tell you' and 'Ni Nok Ne Nam' means 'he will tell you' in that code language.
II. 'Ni Ne Mo Nam' means 'will he call you' and 'Ne Mok Sac Ni' means 'how will you go' in that code language.
A.A B.B C.C D.D
19. Who amongst P, Q, R, S, T and U is the tallest? I. P is taller that R and T but not as tall as U, who is taller than Q and S. II. R is the third in height in the ascending order and not as tall as U, P and Q, Q being taller than P but not the tallest.
A.A B.B C.C D.D
20. Who among A, B, C, D, E & F read the book last? I. F, who gave the book to B after reading, was third to read the same. II. C, who read the book after A, was the third person to read the book before it reached E.
A.A B.B C.C D.D
You can also see: L&T Infotech Placement Papers
21. Find the missing number : 1, 6, 15, ...... 45, 66, 91
A.35 B.26 C.36 D.28
The pattern is +5, +9, +13, +21, +25 :. Missing number = 15 +13 = 28
22. Find out the wrong term : 56, 72, 90, 110, 132, 150
A.72 B.110 C.150 D.132
The numbers are 7 * 8, 8 * 9, 9 *10 ..... 12*13 So 150 is wrong and must be replaced by 156
23. Find the missing letters : a b -- a a -- c a a b -- c -- a b b -- c
A.bbcaa B.bcbca C.cabac D.cbbac
The series is abc/aabc/aabbc/aabbcc
24. Directions : In each of the following questions, a statement is given, followed by two conclusions. Give answer
(a) if only conclusion I follows
(b) if only conclusion II follows
(c) if either I or two follows
(d) if neither I nor II follows
(e) if both I and II follow.
Statement : Modern man influances his destiny by the choice he makes unlike in the past
Conclusions : I. Earlier there were less options available to man.
II. There was no desire in the past to influance the destiny. A.A B.B C.C D.D
Clearly, I directly follows from the statement while second cannot be deducted from it.
25. Statement : Smoking is one of those human weaknesses which tend to test the will power of the smoker to the edge. Conclusions : I. It is very difficult for the smokers to give up smoking even if they want to do so. II. Human beings have other weakneses as well
A.A B.B C.C D.D E.E
The statement mentions that a very strong will power is required to give up smoking and so it is very difficult. So, I follows. Also, it is mentioned that smoking is one of the human weaknesses. this means that there are other human weaknesses as well. So, II also follows.
26. UST cubes & dice (1)Choose the box that is similar to the box formed from the given sheet of paper (X). (Image)
A.1 only B.2 only C.1 and 3 only D.1, 2, 3 and 4 only
The fig. (X) is similar to the Form III. So, when the sheet in fig. (X) is folded to form a cube, then 'F' appears opposite 'B', 'E' appears opposite 'C' and 'A' appears opposite 'D' Therefore, the cube in fig. (1) which shows 'F' adjacent to 'B' the cube in fig. (3) which shows 'E' adjacent to 'C' and the cube in fig. (4) which shows 'A' adjacent to 'D' cannot be formed. Hence, only the cube in fig.(2) can be formed.
27. Choose the box that is similar to the box formed from the given sheet of paper (X).UST cubes & dice (2) (Image)
A.1 and 3 only B.2, 3 and 4 only C.2 only D.3 and 4 only
The fig. (X) is similar to the Form I. So, when the sheet in fig. (X) is folded to form a cube, then the completely shaded face lies opposite to the half shaded face. Therefore, the cubes shown in figures (1) and (3) which have the completely shaded face adjacent to the half-shaded face cannot be formed. Since Fig 4 does't have at- least one shaded face, it cannot be formed. Hence, only the cubes in figure (2) can be formed.
28. Choose the box that is similar to the box formed from the given sheet of paper (X).UST cubes & dice (3) (Image)
A.1 only B.1, 2 and 3 only C.2 and 3 only D.1, 2, 3 and 4
The fig. (X) is similar to the Form V. So, when the sheet in fig. (X) is folded to form a cube, then the face bearing a dot appears opposite to a blank face, the face bearing a '+' sign appears opposite to another blank face and the face bearing a circle appears opposite to the third blank face. Clearly, all the four cubes shown in figures (1), (2), (3) and (4) can be formed.
29. A, B, C, D and E are sitting on a bench. A is sitting next to B, C is sitting next to D, D is not sitting with E who is on the left end of the bench. C is on the second position from the right. A is to the right of B and E. A and C are sitting together. In which position A is sitting ?
A.Between B and D B.Between B and C C.Between E and D D.Between C and E
E B A C D Therefore, A is sitting in between B and C.
30. P, Q, R, S, T, U, V and W are sitting round the circle and are facing the centre:
P is second to the right of T who is the neighbour of R and V.
S is not the neighbour of P.
V is the neighbour of U.
Q is not between S and W. W is not between U and S.
Which two of the following are not neighbours ?
A.RV B.UV C.RP D.QW
UST Global Placement Paper Syllabus:
Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus:
- Permutations & Combinations
- Time Speed & Distance
- Time & Work
- Profit & Loss
- Ratio & Proportion
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Number Series
- Mixtures & Alligations
- Number System
- Heights and Distances
- Geometry & Mensuration
- Data Sufficiency
- LCM and HCL
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Boats and Streams
- Areas, Volumes
- Number Series
- Letter Series
- Binary Logic
- Clocks & Calendars
- Cubes & Dice
- Blood Relations
- Data Sufficiency
- Seating Arrangement
- Venn Diagrams
- Problem Solving
- Coded Inequalities
- Double Lineup
- Logical Deductions
- Routes & Networks
- Grouping & Selections
- Evaluating Course of Action
- Statements and Conclusions
- Mathematical and Computer Operations
- Critical Reasoning
- Situation Reaction Test
- Decision Making
- Symbols and Notations
- Direction Sense Test
- Logical Sequence Of Words
- Assertion and Reason
- Verification of Truth of the Statement
- Statements and Assumptions
- Data Interpretation
Verbal Ability Syllabus:
- Sentence Completion
- Spelling Test
- Passage Completion
- Sentence Arrangement
- Idioms and Phrases
- Para Completion
- Error Correction (Underlined Part)
- Fill in the blanks
- Active and Passive Voice
- Spotting Errors
- Sentence Improvement
- Joining Sentences
- Error Correction (Phrase in Bold)
- Identify the Errors
- Plural Forms
- Odd Words
- Identify the Sentences
- Sentence Pattern
- Tag Questions
Dear readers, the syllabus and UST Global placement papers provided here are just for information purpose only. Sometimes companies may change their syllabus and exam pattern. So Please check official company website for latest syllabus.
Share This Job Opening...!!