Placement papers of GE 2016-2017. Learn and practice the placement papers, syllabus and interview questions answers of GE and find out how much you score before you appear for your next interview and written test.
Candidates should practice the previous papers of GE according to the syllabus by managing the time.This will help them to analyze in which area they are weak and have to spend more time to achieve their goal of clearing the written exam and further move to next rounds.
GE Placement Papers - Interview Questions:1.A is two years older than B who is twice as old as C. If the total of the ages of A, B and C be 27, the how old is
A.7 B.8 C.9 D.10
Let C's age be x years. Then, B's age = 2x years. A's age = (2x + 2) years. =>(2x + 2) + 2x + x = 27 =5x = 25 =x = 5. Hence, B's age = 2x = 10 years.
2. In a certain store, the profit is 320% of the cost. If the cost increases by 25% but the selling price remains constant, approximately what percentage of the selling price is the profit?
A.30% B.70% C.100% D.250%
Let C.P.= Rs. 100. Then, Profit = Rs. 320, S.P. = Rs. 420. New C.P. = 125% of Rs. 100 = Rs. 125 New S.P. = Rs. 420. Profit = Rs. (420 - 125) = Rs. 295. Required percentage = (295/ 420 x 100)%= 1475/21 % = 70%
3. The speed of a boat in still water in 15 km/hr and the rate of current is 3 km/hr. The distance travelled downstream in 12 minutes is:
A.1.2 km B.1.8 km C.2.4 km D.3.6 km
Speed downstream = (15 + 3) kmph = 18 kmph. Distance travelled = (18 x12/60) km= 3.6 km.
A.A B.B C.C D.D
All mothers are women and some mothers and some women may be engineers.
5. Which of the following diagrams indicates the best relation between Furniture, Chairs and Tables ?
A.A B.B C.C D.D
Chairs and tables both are furniture but no chair is table.
6. Which of the following diagrams indicates the best relation between Elephant, Carnivorous and Tiger ?
A.A B.B C.C D.D
Tiger is carnivorous but Elephant is different from these two.
7. The average age of a class is 15.8 years. The average age of boys in the class is 16.4 years while that of girls is 15.4 years. What is the ratio of boys to girls in the class?
A.1:2 B.3:4 C.3:5 D.None of these
Let the ratio be k:1. Then k*16.4+1*15.4 + (k+1)*15.8 (16.4-15.8)k = 15.8 - 15.4 k=0.4/0.6 = 2/3 So required ratio = 2:3
8. 18 Gold is 19 times as heavy as water and copper is 9 times as heavy as water. In what ratio should these be mixed to get an alloy 15 times as heavy as water?
A.1:1 B.2:3 C.1:2 D.3:2
Let 1gm of gold be mixed with x gm of copper to give (1+x)gm of the alloy. 1G=19W,
1C = 9W and alloy = 15W 1gm gold + xgm Copper = (1+x)gm alloy 19W+9Wx = (1+x)*15W x = 4W/6W = 2/3 So ratio of gold and copper is 1:2/3 or 3:2
9. Which of the following conclusions drawn from the above statement is correct. Statements: All men are vertebrates.
Some mammals are vertebrates. Conclusions: 1) All men are mammals. 2) All mammals are men. 3) Some vertebrates are mammals. 4) All vertebrates are me
A.Only 1 B.Only 2 C.Only 3 D.Only (1) and (2)
10. Which of the following statements drawn from the given statements are correct? Statements: All watches sold in that shop are of high standard.
Some of the HMT watches are sold in that shop. Conclusions: A) All watches of high standard were manufactured by HMT. B) Some of the HMT watches are of high standard.
C) None of the HMT watches is of high standard. D) Some of the HMT watches of high standard are sold in that shop.
A.A and B B.A and C C.A and D D.B and D
You can also see: Ericsson Placement Papers
11. The following pie-chart shows the percentage distribution of the expenditure incurred in publishing a book. Study the pie-chart and the answer the questions based on it.
Various Expenditures (in percentage) Incurred in Publishing a Book If for a certain quantity of books, the publisher has to pay Rs. 30,600 as printing cost, then what will be amount of royalty to be paid for these books?
A.Rs. 19,450 B.Rs. 21,200 C.Rs. 22,950 D.Rs. 26,150
12. What is the central angle of the sector corresponding to the expenditure incurred on Royalty?
A.15º B.24º C.54º D.48º
13. The price of the book is marked 20% above the C.P. If the marked price of the book is Rs. 180, then what is the cost of the paper used in a single copy of the book?
A.Rs. 36 B.Rs. 37.50 C.Rs. 42 D.Rs. 44.25
Clearly, marked price of the book = 120% of C.P. Also, cost of paper = 25% of C.P Let the cost of paper for a single book be Rs. n. Then, 120 : 25 = 180 : n = n = Rs. (25 x 180/120)= Rs. 37.50
14. If 5500 copies are published and the transportation cost on them amounts to Rs. 82500, then what should be the selling price of the book so that the publisher can earn a profit of 25%?
A.Rs. 187.50 B.Rs. 191.50 C.Rs. 175 D.Rs. 180
15. Royalty on the book is less than the printing cost by:
A.5% B.33 (1/5) % C.20% D.25%
A.4 B.7 C.9 D.6
Add together the four outer numbers in each diagram. Divide this answer by two to get the middle number.
A.2 B.1 C.3 D.6
Reading the top and bottom lines as 2 digit numbers, multiply these together to give the 3 digit result, written in the middle.
A.10 B.7 C.8 D.11
Numbers in the segments of the left hand circle equal the difference between numbers in corresponding segments of the two right hand circles.
A.3 B.7 C.5 D.none
In each star, the central number equals the difference between the sum of the even numbers and the sum of the odd numbers from the points of the star.
20. A tank is filled by 3 pipes with uniform flow. The first two pipes operating simultaneously fill the tan in the same time during which the tank is filled by the third pipe alone.
The 2nd pipe fills the tank 5 hours faster than first pipe and 4 hours slower than third pipe. The time required by first pipe is :
A.13 Hour B.17 Hour C.15 Hour D.None
Suppose, first pipe take x hours to fill the tank then B & C will take (x-5) and (x-9) hours respectively. Therefore, 1/x +1/(x-5) =1/(x-9) On solving, x=15 Hence, time required by first pipe is 15 hours.
You can also see: Deloitte Placement Papers
21. In the following the questions choose the word which best expresses the meaning of the given word.
A.Dry B.Strained C.Rigorous D.Shrill
A.Complain B.Comment C.Condone D.Console
A.Courageous B.Rash C.Bold D.Daring
24. In the following questions choose the word which is the exact OPPOSITE of the given words.
A.Divine B.Immortal C.Spiritual D.Eternal
A.Active B.Dormant C.Weak D.Unconcerned
26. In each of the following questions, there is a certain relationship between two given words on one side of : :
and one word is given on another side of : :while another word is to be found from the given alternatives,
having the same relation with this word asthe words of the given pair bear. Choose the correct alternative.
Fear : Threat : : Anger : ?
A.Compulsion B.Panic C.Provocation D.Force
First arises from the second .
27. Melt : Liquid : : Freeze : ?
A.Ice B.Condense C.Solid D.Crystal
First is the process of formation of the second
28. Clock : Time : : Thermometer : ?
A.Heat B.Radiation C.Energy D.Temperature
First is an instrument used to measure the second .
29. Muslim : Mosque : : Sikhs : ?
A.Golden Temple B.Medina C.Fire Temple D.Gurudwara
Second is the pace of worship for the first
30. Forecast : Future : : Regret :?
A.Present B.Atone C.Past D.Sins
Forecast is for Future happenings and Regret is for past actions
GE Placement Paper Syllabus:
Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus:
- Permutations & Combinations
- Time Speed & Distance
- Time & Work
- Profit & Loss
- Ratio & Proportion
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Number Series
- Mixtures & Alligations
- Number System
- Heights and Distances
- Geometry & Mensuration
- Data Sufficiency
- LCM and HCL
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Boats and Streams
- Areas, Volumes
- Number Series
- Letter Series
- Binary Logic
- Clocks & Calendars
- Cubes & Dice
- Blood Relations
- Data Sufficiency
- Seating Arrangement
- Venn Diagrams
- Problem Solving
- Coded Inequalities
- Double Lineup
- Logical Deductions
- Routes & Networks
- Grouping & Selections
- Evaluating Course of Action
- Statements and Conclusions
- Mathematical and Computer Operations
- Critical Reasoning
- Situation Reaction Test
- Decision Making
- Symbols and Notations
- Direction Sense Test
- Logical Sequence Of Words
- Assertion and Reason
- Verification of Truth of the Statement
- Statements and Assumptions
- Data Interpretation
Verbal Ability Syllabus:
- Sentence Completion
- Spelling Test
- Passage Completion
- Sentence Arrangement
- Idioms and Phrases
- Para Completion
- Error Correction (Underlined Part)
- Fill in the blanks
- Active and Passive Voice
- Spotting Errors
- Sentence Improvement
- Joining Sentences
- Error Correction (Phrase in Bold)
- Identify the Errors
- Plural Forms
- Odd Words
- Identify the Sentences
- Sentence Pattern
- Tag Questions
Dear readers, the syllabus and GE placement papers provided here are just for information purpose only. Sometimes companies may change their syllabus and exam pattern. So Please check official company website for the latest syllabus.
Share This Job Opening...!!