Placement papers of Convergys 2016-2017. Learn and practice the placement papers and interview questions answers of Convergys and find out how much you score before you appear for your next interview and written test.
Candidates should practice the previous papers of Convergys according to the syllabus by managing the time.This will help them to analyze in which area they are weak and have to spend more time to achieve their goal of clearing the written exam and further move to next rounds.
Convergys Placement Papers - Interview Questions:1. The ratio of the age of a man & his wife is 4:3.After 4 years this ratio will be 9:7. If the time of marriage the ratio was 5:3, then how many years ago were they married?
A.32 B.24 C.12 D.none of these
The age of a man is 4x. The age of his wife is 3x. After 4 years their ratio's will be 9:7 i,e, 4x + 4/3x+4 = 9/7 28x - 27x = 36 - 28 x = 8. Age of a man
is 4x = 4*8 = 32 years. Age of his wife is 3x = 3*8 = 24 yeras. Let us assume 'y' years ago they were married, the ratio was 5:3 i.e. 32 - y/24 - y = 5/3 y = 12 years.
i.e. 12 years ago they were married.
2. A,B,C enter into partnership invests 3 times as much as B invests and B invests two third of what C invests. At the end of the year ,the profit earned is Rs 6600. what is the share of B ?
A.1200 B.3600 C.7200 D.none of these
Let C's capital = Rs.x B's capital = Rs (2/3) * x A's capital = 3 * (2/3) * x = Rs 2x ratio of their capitals = 2x : (2/3) * x:x = 6x : 2x;3x B's share = Rs 6600(2/11) = Rs 1200.
3. A can do a piece of work n 7 days of 9 hours each and B alone can do it in 6 days of 7 hours each. How long will they take to do it working together 8 2/5 hours a day?
A.7 B.3 C.5 D.none of these
A can complete the work in (7 x 9) = 63 hours. B can complete the work in (6 x 7) = 42 hours. A's 1 hour's work = (1/63) and B's 1 hour's work = (1/42)
(A + B)'s 1 hour's work = (1/63) + (1/42) = (5/126) Both will finish the work in (126/5)hrs. Number of days of (42/5)hrs each = (126 x 5) / (5 x 42) = 3 days.
4. Bucket P has thrice the capacity as Bucket Q. It takes 60 turns for Bucket P to fill the empty drum. How many turns it will take for both the buckets P&Q, having each turn together to fill the empty drum?
A.52 B.45 C.63 D.none of these
Let the capacity of P be x litre. Then capacity of Q = x/3 litre. Capacity of the drum = 60x litre. Required number of turns = 60x/ (x+(x/3)) = 60x * 3/4x = 45
5. A train running at 54 kmph takes 20 sec to pass a platform. Next it takes 12 sec to pass a man walking at 6kmph in the same direction in which
the train is going.Find the length of platform ?
A.160 m B.140 m C.112 m D.none of these
Relative speed w.r.t man = 54 - 6 = 48kmph The length of the train is 48 * 5/18 * 12 =160m Time taken to pass platform = 20 sec Speed of the
train = 54 * 5/18 =15m/s 160+x = 20 *15 x = 140m Length of the platform is 140m
6. A man can row 7 1/2kmph in still water. If in a river running at 1.5 km an hour, if takes him 50 min to row to place and back. how far off is the place ?
A.3 km B.6 km C.9 km D.None of these
Speed downstream =(7.5+1.5)km/hr=9 km/hr; Speed upstream=(7.5-1.5)kmph=6kmph. Let the required distance be x km.then, x/9+x/6=50/60.
2x+3x=(5/6*18) 5x=15 x=3. Hence,the required distance is 3km.
7. How many 4-letter words with or without meaning, can be formed out of the letters of the word, 'LOGARITHMS', if repetition of letters is not allowed?
A.40 B.400 C.5040 D.2520
'LOGARITHMS' contains 10 different letters. Required number of words = Number of arrangements of 10 letters, taking 4 at a time. = 10P4 = (10 x 9 x 8 x 7) 5040.
8. A man spends 2/5 of his salary on house rent, 3/10 of his salary on food, and 1/8 of his salary on conveyance. if he has Rs 1400 left with him, find his expenditure on conveyance?
A.2400 B.1000 C.1800 D.none of these
Part of the salary left = 1 - [2/5 + 3/10 + 1/9] = 1 - 33/40 = 7/40 Let the monthly salary be Rs x. Then, 7/40 of x = 1400 x = [1400 * 40] / 7 x = 8000
Expenditure on food = 3/10 * 8000 = Rs 2400 Expenditure on conveyance = 1/8 *8000 = Rs 1000
9. A man invested 3/3 of his capital at 7% , 1/4 at 8% and the remainder at 10% If his annual income is Rs.561. The capital is:
A.5200 B.6600 C.4800 D.none of these
Let the capital be Rs. x. Then, (x/3 + 7/100 + 1) + (x/4 + 8/100 + 1) + (5x/12 + 10/100 +1) = 561 7x/300 + x/50 + x/24 = 561 51x = 561 * 600 x = 6600.
10. A man buys a watch for Rs.1950 in cash and sells it for Rs. 2200 at a credit of 1 year. If the rate of interest is 10% per annum, the man:
A.gains Rs.55 B.gains Rs.50 C.losses Rs.30 D.gains Rs.30
S.P. = P.W. of Rs.2200 due 1 year hence = Rs. [2200 x 100/100 + (10 x 1)] = Rs.2000. Gain = Rs.(2000 - 1950) = Rs.50.
You can also read: CMC Placement Papers
11. Given that A,B,C,D,E each represent one of the digits between 1 and 9 and that the following multiplication holds:
A B C D E X 4
E D C B A
what digit does E represent ?
A.4 B.8 C.6 D.7
12. From the following statements determing the order of ranking:-
M has double the amount as D.
Y has 3 rupess more than half the amount of D.
A.12 B.15 C.Data insuffiecient D.None of above
13. At a special sale, 5 tickets can be purchased for the price of 3 tickets. If 5 tickets are purchased at the sale, the amount saved will be What percent of the original price of the 5 tickets ?
A.20% B.33.3% C.40% D.60%
Let the cost of single ticket be $x. The cost of 3 tickets is $3x. The cost of 5 tickets is $5x. The amount saved, when 5 tickets are purchased
at sale = 5x - 3x = $2x The percent of the amount saved to the original price of the 5 tickets = (2x/5x)*100 = 40%
14. An investor purchased a shares of stock at a certain price. If the stock increased in price Rs 0.25 per share and the total increase for the x shares was Rs 12.50, how many shares of stock had been purchased ?
A.25 B.50 C.75 D.100
Given in, Stock increased per share = 0.25 Total increased X(0.25) = 12.50 So, X = 12.5/0.25 = 50
15. 72519 x 9999 = ?
A.725117481 B.674217481 C.685126481 D.696217481
72519 x 9999 = 72519 x (10000 - 1) = 72519 x 10000 - 72519 x 1 = 725190000 - 72519 = 725117481.
16. Which of the following numbers will completely divide (325 + 326 + 327 + 328) ?
A.11 B.16 C.25 D.30
(325 + 326 + 327 + 328) = 325 x (1 + 3 + 32 + 33) = 325 x 40 = 324 x 3 x 4 x 10 = (324 x 4 x 30), which divisible by 30.
17. A cylindrical container has a radius of eight inches with a height of three inches. Compute how many inches should be added to either the
radius or height to give the same increase in volume ?
A.16/5 inches B.16/3 inches C.16/7 inches D.none of these
Let x be the amount of increase. The volume will increase by the same amount if the radius increased or the height is increased.
So, the effect on increasing height is equal to the effect on increasing the radius. i.e., (22/7)*8*8*(3+x) = (22/7)*(8+x)*(8+x)*3 Solving the
quadratic equation we get the x = 0 or 16/3. The possible increase would be by 16/3 inches.
18. One year ago the ratio of Ramu & Somu age was 6:7 respectively. Four years hence their ratio would become 7:8. How old is Somu ?
A.30 B.33 C.36 D.none of these
Let us assume Ramu &Somu ages are x &y respectively. One year ago their ratio was 6:7 i.e x-1 / y-1 = 7x-6y=1 Four years hence their ratios,
would become 7:8 i.e x-4 / y-4 = 7 / 8 8x-7y=-4 From the above two equations we get y= 36 years. i.e Somu present age is 36 years.
19. What is the length of a running train? I.The train crosses a man in 9 seconds. II.The train crosses a 240 metre long platform in 24 seconds.
A.I alone is sufficient while II alone not sufficient to answer.
B.II alone is sufficient while I not alone sufficient to answer.
C.Either I or II alone sufficient to answer.
D.Both I and II are necessary to answer.
Time taken by train to cross a man = Length of train/Speed of train = Speed = l/9 ...
(i) Time taken by train to cross a platform = (Length of train + Length of platform)/Speed of train = Speed = (l+240)/24...
(ii) From (i) and (ii), we get l/9 = (l+240)/24 Thus, l can be obtained. So both I and II are necessary to get the answer
20. If Rs.10 be allowed as truedscount on a bill of Rs.110 at the end of a certaimn time ,then discount allowed on the same sum due at the end of double the time ?
A.18.33 B.17.5 C.15.9 D.none of these
Amount=Rs110 TrueDiscount=Rs10 Present worth=Amount-TrueDiscount =Rs110-10 =Rs.100 SI on Rs.100 for a certain time =Rs.10
SI on Rs.100 for doube the time =Rs.20 TrueDiscount on (100+20)=120-100 =Rs20 TrueDiscount on Rs.110 =(110*20)/120 =Rs18.33
You can also read: Cisco Placement Papers
21. If taxi fares were Rs 1.00 for the first 1/5 mile and Rs 0.20 for each 1/5 miles thereafter. The taxi fare for a 3-mile ride was
A.Rs 1.56 B.Rs 2.40 C.RS 3.00 D.Rs 3.80
22. The number of diagonals that can be drawn by joining the vertices of an octagon is
A.28 B.48 C.20 D.None of these
Octagon consists of 8 sides Hence the number of diagonals that can be drawn by joining the vertices of an octagon = 8 C 2 - 8 = 20
23. Working independently, Tina can do a certain job in 12 hours. Working independently, Ann can do the same job in 9 hours. If Tina Works independently at the job for 8 hours and then Ann works independently, how many hours will it take Ann to complete the remainder of the jobs ?
A.2/3 B.3/4 C.2 D.3
24. A man bought his office furniture. He bought 28 chairs, 12 tables and 4 computer stands for Rs. 24320. If the average price of a chair is Rs. 450 and the average price of a computer stand is Rs. 1250, then find the average price of the table ?
A.Rs. 580 B.Rs. 540 C.Rs. 640 D.Rs. 560
25. A digital wristwatch was set accurately at 8.30 a.m and then lost 2 seconds every 5 minutes. What time was indicated on the watch at 6.30 p.m of the
same day if the watch operated continuously that time ?
A.5:56 B.5:58 C.6.00 D.6.26
26. A plane travelled K miles in the first 96 miles of flight time. If it completed the remaining 300 miles of the trip in 1 minute,
what was its average speed in miles per hour for the entire trip ?
A.(300-k)/67 * 90 B.(300+k)*65 / 93 C.(300+k)/97 * 60 D.None of above
27. A 5 litre jug contains 4 litres of a salt water solution that is 15 percent salt. If 1.5 litres of the solution spills out of the jug, and the jug is then filled to capacity with water, approximately what percent of the resulting solution in the jug is salt?
A.9.5% B.7.5% C.10.5% D.12%
28. What is the cost of laying carpet in a rectangular hall ?
1. Cost of the carpet is Rs 450 per square meter.
2. Perimeter of the hall is 50 meters.
A.If the data in statement I alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement II alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
B.If the data in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question, while that data in statement I alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
C.If the data either in statement I alone or in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question.
D.If the data even in both statements I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question.
Since area of the floor of rectangular hall cannot be determined by the data in both statements. Hence the data even in both statements I and II are
not sufficient to answer the question.
29. If A is the brother of B; B is the sister of C; and C is the father of D, how D is related to A ?
A.Brother B.Sister C.Nephew D.Cannot be determined
If D is Male, the answer is Nephew. If D is Female, the answer is Niece. As the sex of D is not known, hence, the relation between D and A cannot
be determined. Note: Niece - A daughter of one's brother or sister, or of one's brother-in-law or sister-in-law. Nephew - A son of one's brother or
sister, or of one's brother-in-law or sister-in-law.
30. Find the odd number in the series:
A.57 B.228 C.18 D.6996
Let the numbers be A, B, C, D, E, F, G then A, A * 1 + 1, B * 2 + 2, C * 3 + 3, ........ so 288 is wrong.
Convergys Placement Paper Syllabus:
Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus:
- Permutations & Combinations
- Time Speed & Distance
- Time & Work
- Profit & Loss
- Ratio & Proportion
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Number Series
- Mixtures & Alligations
- Number System
- Heights and Distances
- Geometry & Mensuration
- Data Sufficiency
- LCM and HCL
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Boats and Streams
- Areas, Volumes
- Number Series
- Letter Series
- Binary Logic
- Clocks & Calendars
- Cubes & Dice
- Blood Relations
- Data Sufficiency
- Seating Arrangement
- Venn Diagrams
- Problem Solving
- Coded Inequalities
- Double Lineup
- Logical Deductions
- Routes & Networks
- Grouping & Selections
- Evaluating Course of Action
- Statements and Conclusions
- Mathematical and Computer Operations
- Critical Reasoning
- Situation Reaction Test
- Decision Making
- Symbols and Notations
- Direction Sense Test
- Logical Sequence Of Words
- Assertion and Reason
- Verification of Truth of the Statement
- Statements and Assumptions
- Data Interpretation
Verbal Ability Syllabus:
- Sentence Completion
- Spelling Test
- Passage Completion
- Sentence Arrangement
- Idioms and Phrases
- Para Completion
- Error Correction (Underlined Part)
- Fill in the blanks
- Active and Passive Voice
- Spotting Errors
- Sentence Improvement
- Joining Sentences
- Error Correction (Phrase in Bold)
- Identify the Errors
- Plural Forms
- Odd Words
- Identify the Sentences
- Sentence Pattern
- Tag Questions
Dear readers, the syllabus and Convergys placement papers provided here are just for information purpose only. Sometimes companies may change their syllabus and exam pattern. So Please check official company website for latest syllabus.
Share This Job Opening...!!