Placement papers of CGI 2016-2017. Learn and practice the placement papers, syllabus and interview questions answers of CGI and find out how much you score before you appear for your next interview and written test.
Candidates should practice the previous papers of CGI according to the syllabus by managing the time.This will help them to analyze in which area they are weak and have to spend more time to achieve their goal of clearing the written exam and further move to next rounds.
CGI Placement Papers - Interview Questions:1. Pipes P,Q and R together can empty a full tank in 6 hours. All the three pipes are opened simultaneously and after 2 hour, P is closed. The tank is emptied in another 6 hours. Find the time in which P can empty the tank ?
A.12 hours B.16 hours C.18 hours D.20 hours
2. A man buys milk at Rs 4 per litre, mixes it with water and sells the mixture at the same price. If his profit is 25%, find the amount of water mixed with each litre of milk ?
A.0.25 litre B.0.5 litre C.0.6 litre D.0.75 litre
3. In an office, the average salary of the employees is Rs 8,000. If the average salary of all the 50 clerks is Rs 3,000 and the average salary of all the managers is Rs 10,000, find the difference in the number of clerks and the number of managers ?
A.75 B.55 C.60 D.125
4. In a group of 11 people, X is 32 years old and Y is 4years younger than X. If X and Y are replaced by two other people, the average age of the group drops by 1 year. Find the average age of the two people replacing X and Y ?
A.29 years B.24.5 years C.28.5 years D.30 years
5. Ninety three is divided into two parts such that thrice the first part and twice the second part are in the ratio 25:4. Find the first part ?
A.60 B.75 C.50 D.70
6. The ratio of the number of students in classes A, B and C is 3:7:8. If 10 students leave C and join B, the ratio of the number of students in B and C would be reversed. Find the total number of students in the classes A,B and C ?
A.144 B.162 C.180 D.198
7. The area of the trapezium is 98cm2 and its height is equal to the shorter of the to parallel sides. if the longer of the two parallel sides is of 21 cm length, find the height of the trapezium ?
A.7 cm B.10 cm C.14 cm D.16 cm
8. The radius of a cone is R cm and its height is H cm. The change in volume when the height is decreased by X cm is the same as the change in volume when radius is decreased by X cm. find the relation between X, R and H ?
A.X=(R^2-2RH)/(H) B.X=(2RH+R^2)/(H) C.X=(2RH-R^2)/(H), D.X= 2R+R^2
9. A uniform cylindrical tank is initially filled to 60% of its capacity. The radius of the base of the tank is then increased by 10%. By what % (approx) of the height of the tank does the level of water fall ?
A.30% B.20% C.21% D.10%
10. If 12 times the date of my birth is added to 31 times the month of my birth, the sum is 531. In which month was I born ?
A.November B.July C.September D.May
You can also read: Caterpillar Placement Papers
11. Train X starts from A towards B which is 180 Kms apart.. At same time, train Y start from B towards A. Train X travels at speed of 70 kmph and Y travels at 50 kmph. While X does not stop anywhere on the way, the train Y stops at station C in between at 60km from B for 15 minutes. At what distance from A they would meet ?
A.115 km B.112 km C.120 km D.none
12. All the pages of a book starting from page 1 are summed. One of the pages has been added twice, and the total thus obtained is 1000. Which is the page that has been added twice ?
A.10 B.12 C.14 D.none
13. There is a circular field having four doors in North, East, West and South. A person walks 3 meters from the North door. Another person comes out of the South door and walks 9 meter towards East so that he is just able to see the first man. What is the diameter of the field ?
A.12 B.5 C.9 D.none
14. There are two persons A and B who joined an organization on 1st Jan 1970. A joined at Rs. 300 and annual increment of Rs.30. B gets salary of Rs. 200 and hike of Rs. 50 per six month. Find the total amount distributed at the end of 31st December 1979 ?
A.91200 B.95800 C.97200 D.none
Its an Arithmetic progression X→ a = 300, d = 30, t = 10 s = 5(600 + 9× 30)× 12 = 870× 5× 12 = 52,200. Y→a = 200, d =50, t = 20 s = 10(400 + 19× 50)× 6 = 81,100. Total amount = 52,200 + 81,100 = 133,300
15. P, Q and S are moving on a circular stadium of circumference 2100 m. When P completes one round, Q is still 700 m behind. When S completes one round, Q is 300 m ahead of him.What distance from the starting point Q covers when three of them will meet for the first time ?
A.16800 B.256800 C.2100 D.None of these
16. Neha has 12 chocolates with her, 4 similar kit kats, 5 similar Perks, and 3 similar Milky bars, which she wants to distribute among her friends. In how many ways can Neha give away one or more chocolates?
A.120 B.119 C.130 D.132
(p+1)(q+1)(r+1) - 1 = 5*6*4 - 1 = 119
17. If 4 consecutive letters are selected at random from the English alphabet, then the probability that one of the letters is a vowel is ?
A.13/23 B.16/23 C.11/23 D.17/23
18. Box A contains 4 red and 6 green balls, box B contains 7 red and 3 green balls. A ball is drawn from box A and without seeing its color: it is put into box B. If a ball is now drawn from box B, then the probability that it is green is
A.5/11 B.12/55 C.18/55 D.15/53
19. Raman can do a piece of work in half the time taken by kapil. Sunil can do the same work in one-third of the time taken by Raman. All three of them work on it for 30 days after which kapil leaves. Sunil and Raman complete the remaining work in 18 more days. How many days would it take for Raman alone to complete the total work ?
A.414 B.138 C.69 D.207
20. A machine of type A which has to produce a set of 1500 bolts, can do so in 30 days. the machine breaks down after 10 days. A machine of type B completes the remaining works in 10 days. In 30 days how many bolts can both of them together produce ?
A.3000 B.4500 C.6000 D.5000
You can also read: Canarys Placement Papers
21. Study the following arrangement and answer the questions given below: R 4 T M 7 W % J 9 5 I # 1 P B 2 T A 3 D $ 6 E N F 8 U H @How many such vowels are there in the above arrangement, each of which is immediately preceded by a number and not immediately followed by a consonant?
A.1 B.2 C.3 D.4
22. What should come in place of the question mark (?) in the following series based on the above arrangement? TM% 951 B23 ?
A.$EF B.$6F C.D$N D.$E8
23. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way based on their positions in the above arrangement and so from a group. Which is the one that does not belong to that group ?
A.5J1 B.7TJ C.8N@ D.32$
24. Which of the following is sixth to the right of the fourteenth from the right end ?
A.5 B.6 C.I D.$
25. How many such consonants are there in the above arrangement, each of which is immediately followed by a symbol but not immediately preceded by another consonant ?
A.1 B.2 C.3 D.4
26. Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below: Total population of a village is 64000. Out of this 65% is literate. 60% of the total population is male. Out of the total illiterate population, males and female are in the ratio 3:4What is the ratio of illiterate females to literate ones ?
A.1:1 B.1:2 C.4:7 D.1:1.5
27. What is the total number of illiterate males?
A.6400 B.12800 C.9600 D.3200
28. What is the total number of literate females?
A.6400 B.12800 C.9600 D.3200
Answer: A & B
29. Among the males what is the ratio of literate ones to illiterate ones ?
A.3:1 B.1:3 C.9:4 D.2:1
30. What is the ratio of literate males to literate females?
A.4:9 B.9:4 C.10:3 D.7:4
CGI Placement Paper Syllabus:
Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus:
- Permutations & Combinations
- Time Speed & Distance
- Time & Work
- Profit & Loss
- Ratio & Proportion
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Number Series
- Mixtures & Alligations
- Number System
- Heights and Distances
- Geometry & Mensuration
- Data Sufficiency
- LCM and HCL
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Boats and Streams
- Areas, Volumes
- Number Series
- Letter Series
- Binary Logic
- Clocks & Calendars
- Cubes & Dice
- Blood Relations
- Data Sufficiency
- Seating Arrangement
- Venn Diagrams
- Problem Solving
- Coded Inequalities
- Double Lineup
- Logical Deductions
- Routes & Networks
- Grouping & Selections
- Evaluating Course of Action
- Statements and Conclusions
- Mathematical and Computer Operations
- Critical Reasoning
- Situation Reaction Test
- Decision Making
- Symbols and Notations
- Direction Sense Test
- Logical Sequence Of Words
- Assertion and Reason
- Verification of Truth of the Statement
- Statements and Assumptions
- Data Interpretation
Verbal Ability Syllabus:
- Sentence Completion
- Spelling Test
- Passage Completion
- Sentence Arrangement
- Idioms and Phrases
- Para Completion
- Error Correction (Underlined Part)
- Fill in the blanks
- Active and Passive Voice
- Spotting Errors
- Sentence Improvement
- Joining Sentences
- Error Correction (Phrase in Bold)
- Identify the Errors
- Plural Forms
- Odd Words
- Identify the Sentences
- Sentence Pattern
- Tag Questions
Dear readers, the syllabus and CGI placement papers provided here are just for information purpose only. Sometimes companies may change their syllabus and exam pattern. So Please check official company website for the latest syllabus.
Share This Job Opening...!!