Placement papers of Canarys 2016. Learn and practice the placement papers and interview questions answers of Canarys and find out how much you score before you appear for your next interview and written test.
Canarys Placement Papers - Interview Questions:1. a and b are the lengths of the base and height of a right angled triangle whose hypotenuse is h. If the values of a and b are positive integers, which of the following cannot be a value of the square of the hypotenuse ?
A.13 B.23 C.37 D.41
2. Rs.432 is divided amongst three workers A, B and C such that 8 times A's share is equal to 12 times B's share which is equal to 6 times C's share. How much did A get ?
A.Rs.192 B.Rs.133 C.Rs.144 D.Rs.128
3. The monthly incomes of A and B are in the ratio 4 : 5, their expenses are in the ratio 5 : 6. If 'A' saves Rs.25 per month and 'B' saves Rs.50 per month, what are their respective incomes ?
A.Rs.400 and Rs.500 B.Rs.240 and Rs.300 C.Rs.320 and Rs.400 D.Rs.440 and Rs.550
4. The proportion of milk and water in 3 samples is 2:1, 3:2 and 5:3. A mixture comprising of equal quantities of all 3 samples is made. The proportion of milk and water in the mixture is
A.2:1 B.5:1 C.99:61 D.227:133
5. A fort has provisions for 60 days. If after 15 days 500 men strengthen them and the food lasts 40 days longer, how many men are there in the fort ?
A.3500 B.4000 C.6000 D.None of these
6. The ratio of marks obtained by vinod and Basu is 6:5. If the combined average of their percentage is 68.75 and their sum of the marks is 275,
find the total marks for which exam was conducted ?
A.150 B.200 C.400 D.None of these.
7. A, B and C enter into a partnership by investing Rs.3600, Rs.4400 and Rs.2800. A is a working partner and gets a fourth of the profit for his services and the remaining profit is divided amongst the three in the rate of their investments. What is the amount of profit that B gets if A gets a total of Rs. 8000?
A.4888.88 B.9333.33 C.4000 D.3666.66
8. The present ages of A and B are as 6 : 4. Five years ago their ages were in the ratio 5 : 3. Find their present ages ?
A.42, 28 B.36, 24 C.30, 20 D.25, 15
9. A zookeeper counted the heads of the animals in a zoo and found it to be 80. When he counted the legs of the animals he found it to be 260.
If the zoo had either pigeons or horses, how many horses were there in the zoo ?
A.40 B.30 C.50 D.60
10. From a cask of milk containing 30 litres, 6 litres are drawn out and the cask is filled up with water. If the same process is repeated a second, then a third time, what will be the number of litres of milk left in the cask ?
A.0.512 liters B.12 liters C.14.38 liters D.15.36 liters
You can also read: BOB Placement Papers
11. A father left a will of Rs.35 lakhs between his two daughters aged 8.5 and 16 such that they may get equal amounts when each of them reach the age of 21 years. The original amount of Rs.35 lakhs has been instructed to be invested at 10% p.a. simple interest. How much did the elder daughter get at the time of the will?
A.Rs. 17.5 lakhs B.Rs. 21 lakhs C.Rs. 15 lakhs D.Rs. 20 lakhs
12. The population of a town was 3600 three years back. It is 4800 right now. What will be the population three years down the line, if the rate of growth of population has been constant over the years and has been compounding annually?
A.6000 B.6400 C.7200 D.9600
13. Find the area of the sector covered by the hour hand after it has moved through 3 hours and the length of the hour hand is 7cm ?
A.77 sq.cm B.38.5 sq.cm C.35 sq.cm D.70 sq.cm
14. If r = (3p + q)/2 and s = p - q, for which of the following values of p would r^2 = s^2 ?
A.1q/5 B.10 - 3q/2 C.q - 1 D.3q
15. The average wages of a worker during a fort night comprising 15 consecutive working days was Rs.90 per day. During the first 7 days, his average wages was Rs.87 per day and the average wages during the last 7 days was Rs.92 per day. What was his wage on the 8th day?
A.83 B.92 C.90 D.97
16. If a sum of money grows to 144/121 times when invested for two years in a scheme where interest is compounded annually, how long will the same sum of money take to tribble if invested at the same rate of interest in a scheme where interest is computed using simple interest method?
A.9 years B.22 years C.18 years D.33 years
17. A stairway 10ft high is such that each step accounts for half a foot upward and one-foot forward. What distance will an ant travel if it starts from ground level to reach the top of the stairway?
A.30 ft B.33 ft C.10 ft D.29 ft
18. A 4 cm cube is cut into 1 cm cubes. What is the percentage increase in the surface area after such cutting?
A.4% B.300% C.75% D.400%
19. The circumference of the front wheel of a cart is 30 ft long and that of the back wheel is 36 ft long. What is the distance travelled by the cart, when the front wheel has done five more revolutions than the rear wheel ?
A.20 ft B.25 ft C.750 ft D.900 ft
20. The area of a square field is 24200 sq m. How long will a lady take to cross the field diagonally at the rate of 6.6 km/hr ?
A.3 minutes B.2 minutes C.2.4 minutes D.2 minutes 40 seconds
You can also read: Blue Star Placement Papers
21. A can give B 20 points, A can give C 32 points and B can give C 15 points. How many points make the game ?
A.150 B.200 C.100 D.170
22. Two numbers when divided by a certain divisor leave remainders of 431 and 379 respectively. When the sum of these two numbers is divided by the same divisor, the remainder is 211. What is the divisor?
A.599 B.1021 C.263 D.Cannot be determined
23. A person starts multiplying consecutive positive integers from 20. How many numbers should he multiply before the will have result that will end with 3 zeroes ?
A.11 B.10 C.6 D.5
24. Anita had to do a multiplication. Instead of taking 35 as one of the multipliers, she took 53. As a result, the product went up by 540. What is the new product ?
A.1050 B.540 C.1440 D.1590
25. Let n be the number of different 5 digit numbers, divisible by 4 with the digits 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6, no digit being repeated in the numbers. What is the value of n?
A.144 B.168 C.192 D.None of these
26. A trader makes a profit equal to the selling price of 75 articles when he sold 100 of the articles. What % profit did he make in the transaction?
A.33.33% B.75% C.300% D.150%
27. A piece of equipment cost a certain factory Rs. 600,000. If it depreciates in value, 15% the first year, 13.5% the next year, 12% the third year, and so on, what will be its value at the end of 10 years, all percentages applying to the original cost ?
A.2,00,000 B.1,05,000 C.4,05,000 D.6,50,000
28. There are 2 brothers among a group of 20 persons. In how many ways can the group be arranged around a circle so that there is exactly one personbetween the two brothers ?
A.2 * 19! B.18! * 18 C.19! * 18 D.2 * 18!
29. The speed of a motor boat itself is 20 km/h and the rate of flow of the river is 4 km/h. Moving with the stream the boat went 120 km. What distance will the boat cover during the same time going against the stream ?
A.80 km B.180 km C.60 km D.100 km
30. A red light flashes 3 times per minute and a green light flashes 5 times in two minutes at regular intervals. If both lights start flashing at the same time, how many times do they flash together in each hour ?
A.30 B.24 C.20 D.60