Placement papers of Blue Star 2016. Learn and practice the placement papers and interview questions answers of Blue Star and find out how much you score before you appear for your next interview and written test.
Blue Star Placement Papers - Interview Questions:1. The angle of elevation of the top of a tower 30 m high, from two points on the level ground on its opposite sides are 45 degrees and 60 degrees. What is the distance between the two points?
A.30 B.51.96 C.47.32 D.81.96
2. If the radius of a circle is increased by 20% then the area is increased by :
A.44% B.120% C.144% D.40%
3. If a sum of money grows to 144/121 times when invested for two years in a scheme where interest is compounded annually, how long will the same sum of money take to tribble if invested at the same rate of interest in a scheme where interest is computed using simple interest method?
A.9 years B.22 years C.18 years D.33 years
4. If 3/p = 6 and 3/q = 15 then p - q = ?
A.1/3 B.2/5 C.3/10 D.5/6
5. A rectangular tank 10" by 8" by 4" is filled with water. If all of the water is to be transferred to cube-shaped tanks, each one 3 inches on a side, how many of these smaller tanks are needed?
A.9 B.12 C.16 D.21
6. If the area of two circles are in the ratio 169 : 196 then the ratio of their radii is
A.10 : 11 B.11 : 12 C.12 : 13 D.13 : 14
7. A portion of $7200 is invested at a 4% annual return, while the remainder is invested at a 5% annual return. If the annual income from both portions is the same, what is the total income from the two investments?
A.$160 B.$320 C.$400 D.$720
8. If a building b feet high casts a shadow f feet long, then, at the same time of day, a tree t feet high will cast a shadow how many feet long?
A.ft/b B.fb/t C.fb/t D.fb/t
9. If 1 cm on a map corresponds to an actual distance of 40 kms. And the distance on the map between Bombay and Calcutta is 37.5 cms., the actual distance between them is :
A.375 kms B.3750 kms C.1500 kms D.1375 kms
10. A group of workers can do a piece of work in 24 days. However as 7 of them were absent it took 30 days to complete the work. How many people actually worked on the job to complete it?
A.35 B.30 C.28 D.42
You can also read: Birlasoft Placement Papers
11. A, B and C, each of them working alone can complete a job in 6, 8 and 12 days respectively. If all three of them work together to complete a job and
earn Rs.2340, what ill be C's share of the earnings?
A.Rs.520 B.Rs.1080 C.Rs.1170 D.Rs.630
12. A box contains 90 mts each of 100 gms and 100 bolts each of 150 gms. If the entire box weighs 35.5 kg., then the weight of the empty box is :
A.10 kg B.10.5 kg C.11 kg D.11.5 kg
13. A rectangle is 14 cm long and 10 cm wide. If the length is reduced by x cms and its width is increased also by x cms so as to make it a square then its area changes by :
A.4 B.144 C.2 D.12
14. A motorcycle stunts man belonging to a fair, rides over the vertical walls of a circular well at an average speed of 54 kph for 5 minutes.
If the radius of the well is 5 meters then the distance traveled is:
A.2.5 kms B.3.5 kms C.4.5 kms D.5.5 kms
15. A 5 cm cube is cut into as many 1 cm cubes as possible. What is the ratio of the surface area of the larger cube to that of the sum of the surface areas of the smaller cubes?
A.1 : 6 B.1 : 5 C.1 : 25 D.1 : 125
16. At a certain ice cream parlor, customers can choose among five different ice cream flavors and can choose either a sugar cone or a waffle cone. Considering both ice cream flavor and cone type, how many distinct triple-scoop cones with three different ice cream flavors are available ?
A.12 B.16 C.20 D.24
17. A father is three times as old as his son. After fifteen years the father will be twice as old as his son's age at that time. Hence the father's present age is
A.36 B.42 C.45 D.48
18. The average of 5 quantities is 6. The average of 3 of them is 8. What is the average of the remaining two numbers?
A.6.5 B.4 C.3 D.3.5
19. Which of the following is the greatest ?
A.40% of 30 B.3/5 of 25 C.6.5% of 200 D.1/2^-4
20. An empty swimming pool can be filled to capacity through an inlet pipe in 3 hours, and it can be completely drained by a drain pipe in 6 hours. If both pipes are fully open at the same time, in how many hours will the empty pool be filled to capacity?
A.4 B.5 C.5.5 D.6
You can also read: AtoS Placement Papers
21. What is the greatest value of a positive integer n such that 3n is a factor of 1815 ?
A.15 B.18 C.30 D.33
22. Two identical taps fill 2/5 of a tank in 20 minutes. When one of the taps goes dry in how many minutes will the remaining one tap fill the rest of the tank ?
A.5 minutes B.10 minutes C.15 minutes D.20 minutes
23. What will Rs.1500 amount to in three years if it is invested in 20% p.a. compound interest, interest being compounded annually?
A.2400 B.2592 C.2678 D.2540
24. If 20 men or 24 women or 40 boys can do a job in 12 days working for 8 hours a day, how many men working with 6 women and 2 boys take to do a job four times as big working for 5 hours a day for 12 days?
A.8 men B.12 men C.2 men D.24 men
25. If x, y, and z are consecutive negative integers, and if x > y > z, which of the following must be a positive odd integer?
A.xyz B.(x - y) (y - z) C.x - yz D.x(y + z)
26. Tom, Dick and Harry went for lunch to a restaurant. Tom had $100 with him, Dick had $60 and Harry had $409. They got a bill for $104 and decided to give a tip of $16. They further decided to share the total expenses in the ratio of the amounts of money each carried. The amount of money which Tom paid more than what Harry paid is
A.200 B.60 C.24 D.36
27. (1/4)^3 + (3/4)^3 + 3(1/4)(3/4)(1/4 + 3/4) =?
A.27/64 B.49/64 C.0 D.1
28. Five years ago, Beth's age was three times that of Amy. Ten years ago, Beth's age was one half that of Chelsea. If C represents Chelsea's current age, which of the following represents Amy's current age?
A.c/6 + 5 B.2c C.(c-10)/3 D.3c-5
29. At 10 a.m. two trains started traveling toward each other from stations 287 miles apart. They passed each other at 1:30 p.m. the same day. If the average speed of the faster train exceeded the average speed of the slower train by 6 miles per hour, which of the following represents the speed of the faster train, in miles per hour?
A.38 B.40 C.44 D.48
30. If the value of XYZ Company stock drops from $25 per share to $21 per share, what is the percent of the decrease?
A.4 B.8 C.12 D.16
Share This Job Opening...!!