Placement papers of Amdocs 2016-2017. Learn and practice the placement papers and interview questions answers of Amdocs and find out how much you score before you appear for your next interview and written test.
Candidates should practice the previous papers of Amdocs according to the syllabus by managing the time.This will help them to analyze in which area they are weak and have to spend more time to achieve their goal of clearing the written exam and further move to next rounds.
Amdocs Placement Papers 2016 & Interview Questions:1. Express the 0.08% as a fraction ?
A.1/1200 B.1/1250 C.11/1250 D.1/1050
0.08%=0.08/100 =8/10000 =1/1250
2. Pointing to a photograph of a boy Suresh said, "He is the son of the only son of my mother." How is Suresh related to that boy?
A.Brother B.Uncle C.Cousin D.Father
The boy in the photograph is the only son of the son of Suresh's mother i.e., the son of Suresh. Hence, Suresh is the father of boy.
3. Fill the missing number or letter in the given series.
SCD, TEF, UGH, ____, WKL
A.CMN B.UJI C.VIJ D.VUJ
There are two alphabetical series here. The first series is with the first letters only: STUVW. The second series involves the remaining letters: CD, EF, GH, IJ, KL.
4. 3, 12, 48, 192, 3072.
A.768 B.384 C.2376 D.1976
The numbers are multiplied by 4 to get the next number. (192 × 4 = 768)
5. 1 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13,
A.15 B.17 C.18 D.19
The given series is prime number series. The next prime number is 17.
6. A, B, D, G, K, ...
A.P B.N C.O D.L
The series is + 1, + 2, + 3 etc. The missing letter is (K + 4) = P. Skip Process: First no letter is skipped, then 1, 2, 3 etc. letters are skipped to get next letter. Skip 4 letters after 'K' to get P.
7. B, E, H, K, N,
A.P B.O C.Q D.R
The series is + 3. The missing letter is N + 3 = Q. Answer: Q Logic: Skip two letters to get the next letter. Skip Q, P after N to get Q. The missing letter is Q.
8. E D C H G F K J I N ......
A.L M B.O P C.M O D.M L
9. FAG, GAF, HAI, IAH, ____
A.JAK B.HAL C.HAK D.JAI
The middle letters are static, so concentrate on the first and third letters. The series involves an alphabetical order with a reversal of the letters. The first letters are in alphabetical order: F, G, H, I , J. The second and fourth segments are reversals of the first and third segments. The missing segment begins with a new letter.
10. ELFA, GLHA, ILJA, _____, MLNA
A.OLPA B.KLMA C.LLMA D.KLLA
The second and forth letters in the series, L and A, are static. The first and third letters consist of an alphabetical order beginning with the letter E.
You can also practice: Amazon Placement Papers
11. CMM, EOO, GQQ, _____, KUU
A.GRR B.GSS C.ISS D.ITT
The first letters are in alphabetical order with a letter skipped in between each segment: C, E, G, I, K. The second and third letters are repeated; they are also in order with a skipped letter: M, O, Q, S, U.
12. The L.C.M. of two numbers is 48. The numbers are in the ratio 2 : 3. Then sum of the number is:
A.28 B.32 C.40 D.64
Let the numbers be 2x and 3x. Then, their L.C.M. = 6x. So, 6x = 48 or x = 8. The numbers are 16 and 24. Hence, required sum = (16 + 24) = 40.
13. If A is the brother of B; B is the sister of C; and C is the father of D, how D is related to A ?
A.Brother B.Brother C.Nephew D.Cannot be determined
If D is Male, the answer is Nephew. If D is Female, the answer is Niece. As the sex of D is not known, hence, the relation between D and A cannot be determined. Note: Niece - A daughter of one's brother or sister, or of one's brother-in-law or sister-in-law. Nephew - A son of one's brother or sister, or of one's brother-in-law or sister-in-law.
14. Express the 56% as a fraction ?
A.14/25 B.15/25 C.17/25 D.19/25
56% = 56/100 =14/25
15. What is the sum of the first 25 natural odd numbers ?
A.225 B.125 C.525 D.625
1 + 3 + 5 + ...... + 49 (first 25 odds) = 25 x 2 = 625.
16. Evaluate 30!/28!
A.800 B.789 C.870 D.980
30!/28! = 30 * 29 * (28!) / (28!) = 30 * 29 =870
17. 15% of x=20% of y then x:y is
A.2:3 B.4:4 C.4:3 D.3:4
(15/100)*x=(20/100)*y 3x=4y x:y=4:3
18. Find the fourth proportion to 4,9,12 ?
A.16 B.27 C.17 D.37
d is the fourth proportion to a,b,c a:b=c:d 4:9=12:x 4x=9*12 =>x=27
19. Find S.P when C.P=Rs 56.25 and Gain=20%
A.Rs 60.50 B.Rs 67.50 C.Rs 61.50 D.Rs 68.50
S.P=[(100+gain%)/100]*C.P S.P=[(100+20)/100]56.25 =Rs 67.50
20. A man buys an article for Rs.27.50 and sells it for Rs.28.60 Find the gain percent ?
A.14% B.40% C.4% D.3%
C.P=Rs 27.50 S.P=Rs 28.60 then Gain=S.P-C.P=28.60-27.50=Rs 1.10 Gain%=(gain*100)/C.P% =(1.10*100)/27.50% =4%
You can also practice: Alcatel Lucent Placement Papers
21. 2 is what percent of 50 ?
A.14% B.2% C.1% D.4%
2 is what percent of 50 = 2/50 *100 = 4%
22. If GREET is coded as FQDDS, decode the SNQD codes
A.BOSS B.TORE C.DEEP D.DOCK
Here, each letter is allotted the value of its preceding letter in the sequence; the pattern of coding used here is B = A, C = B. Based on this pattern, the answers is TORE
23. If “D1T5D” stands for “DATED” how will you code the DREAM ?
A.D 18 E 1 M B.L15C1T5 C.B 1 I 12E4 D.F1I12E4
Mixed coding takes the pattern of coding with both the letters of alphabets and numerical assignment.
24. Read the following information given below and answer the questions that follow: Five girls are sitting on a bench to be photographed. Seema is to the left of Rani and to the right of Bindu. Mary is to the right of Rani. Reeta is between Rani and Mary.
Who is sitting immediate right to Reeta ?
A.Bindu B.Rani C.Mary D.Seema
25. Who is in the middle of the photograph ?
A.Bindu B.Rani C.Reeta D.Seema
26. Who is second from the right ?
A.Mary B.Rani C.Reeta D.Bindu
27. Who is second from the left in photograph ?
A.Reeta B.Mary C.Bindu D.Seema
28. Read the following information given below and answer the questions that follow:
(i) A, B, C, D, E and F are six family members.
(ii) There is one Doctor, one Lawyer, one Engineer, one Pilot, one Student and one Housewife.
(iii) There are two married couples in the family.
(iv) F, who is a lawyer, is father of A.
(v) B is a pilot and is mother of C.
(vi) D is grandmother of C and is a Housewife
(vii) E is father of F and is a Doctor.
(viii) C is brother of A.
Which of the following statements is definitely true ?
A.C is the brother of the Student B.F is the father of the Engineer
C.A is the Engineer D.E is the father of the Pilot
Either A or C is Engineer, F is father of both A and C. Answer: (2)
29. How many female members are there in the family ?
A.Two only B.Three only C.Three or Four D.Two or Three
Two or three; B and D (sex of A is not known). Answer: (4)
30. How is A related to D ?
A.Grandson B.Granddaughter C.Either granddaughter or grandson D.grandmother
Either granddaughter or grandson. Answer: (3)
Amdocs Placement Paper Syllabus:
Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus:
- Permutations & Combinations
- Time Speed & Distance
- Time & Work
- Profit & Loss
- Ratio & Proportion
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Number Series
- Mixtures & Alligations
- Number System
- Heights and Distances
- Geometry & Mensuration
- Data Sufficiency
- LCM and HCL
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Boats and Streams
- Areas, Volumes
- Number Series
- Letter Series
- Binary Logic
- Clocks & Calendars
- Cubes & Dice
- Blood Relations
- Data Sufficiency
- Seating Arrangement
- Venn Diagrams
- Problem Solving
- Coded Inequalities
- Double Lineup
- Logical Deductions
- Routes & Networks
- Grouping & Selections
- Evaluating Course of Action
- Statements and Conclusions
- Mathematical and Computer Operations
- Critical Reasoning
- Situation Reaction Test
- Decision Making
- Symbols and Notations
- Direction Sense Test
- Logical Sequence Of Words
- Assertion and Reason
- Verification of Truth of the Statement
- Statements and Assumptions
- Data Interpretation
Verbal Ability Syllabus:
- Sentence Completion
- Spelling Test
- Passage Completion
- Sentence Arrangement
- Idioms and Phrases
- Para Completion
- Error Correction (Underlined Part)
- Fill in the blanks
- Active and Passive Voice
- Spotting Errors
- Sentence Improvement
- Joining Sentences
- Error Correction (Phrase in Bold)
- Identify the Errors
- Plural Forms
- Odd Words
- Identify the Sentences
- Sentence Pattern
- Tag Questions
Dear readers, the syllabus and Amdocs placement papers provided here are just for information purpose only. Sometimes companies may change their syllabus and exam pattern. So Please check official company website for the latest syllabus.
Share This Job Opening...!!