Placement papers of ABB 2016-2017. Learn and practice the placement papers, interview questions and answers of ABB and find out how much you score before you appear for your next interview and written test.
Candidates should practice the previous papers of ABB according to the syllabus by managing the time.This will help them to analyze in which area they are weak and have to spend more time to achieve their goal of clearing the written exam and further move to next rounds.
ABB Placement Paper & Interview Questions 2016:
1. In the following choose the word which express the meaning of the same word SACROSANCT
A.too important B.worship C.sacrifice D.best
A.victorious B.swift C.fanciful D.momentary
A.Frank B.close C.dignity D.happy
A.pointing B.Documentation C.reasoning D.advertising
A.addiction B.logical C.Deport D.important
6. Read the passage and answer that follow on the basis of instruction provided in the passage Passage 1 In country X, democratic, conservative and justice parties have fought three civil wars in twenty years. TO restore stability an agreement is reached to rotate the top offices President, Prime Minister and Army Chief among the parties so that each party controls one and only one office at all times. The three top office holders must each have two deputies, one from each of the other parties. Each deputy must choose a staff composed of equally members of his or her chiefs party and member of the third party. When Justice party holds one of the top offices, which of the following cannot be true
A.Some of the staff members within that office are B.Some of the staff members within that office are C.Two of the deputies within the other offices are D.Two of the deputies within the other offices are
7. When the democratic party holds presidency, the staff of the prime minister's deputies are composed
I. One-fourth of democratic party members
II. One-half of justice party members and one-fourth of conservative party members
III. One-half of conservative party members and one-fourth of justice party members.
A.I only B.I and II only C.II or III but not both D.I and II or I and III
8. Which of the following is allowable under the rules as stated:
A.More than half of the staff within a given office B.Half of the staff within a given office belonging C.Any person having a member of the same party as D.Half the total number of staff members in all
9. The office of the Army Chief passes from Conservative to Justice party. Which of the following must be fired.
A.The democratic deputy and all staff members B.Justice party deputy and all his or hers staff C.Justice party deputy and half of his Conservative D.The Conservative deputy and all of his or her
You can also see: Mindtree Placement Papers
10. Complete the sentence with suitable word . Fate smiles ...... those who untiringly grapple with stark realities of life
A.with B.over C.on D.round
11. The miser gazed ...... at the pile of gold coins in front of him.
A.avidly B.Admiringly C.thoughtfully D.Earnestly
12. Catching the earlier train will give us the ...... to do some shopping.
A.chance B.luck C.possibility D.occasion
13. I saw a ...... of cows in the field.
A.group B.herd C.swarm D.flock
14. The grapes are now ...... enough to be picked.
A.ready B.mature C.ripe D.advanced
15. Success in this examination depends ...... hard work alone.
A.at B.over C.for D.on
16. In the following choose the word which express the opposite meaning of the same word ENORMOUS
A.Soft B.Average C.Tiny D.Weak
A.Started B.Closed C.Finished D.Terminated
A.Influx B.Home-coming C.Return D.Restoration
A.Abdicate B.Renounce C.Posses D.Deny
A.Contract B.Condense C.Congest D.Conclude
You can also see: TCS Placement Papers
21. A 20 litre solution conatins oil and kerosene in the ratio 3 : 5, replace 4 litres of mixture with 4 litres of kerosene what will be the ratio of oil and kerosene?
A.3/5 B.3/7 C.3/8 D.1/4
Question 21 Explanation:
When 4 liters are taken out of 20ml, amount of oil in remaining 16 lt = 3/8 * 16 = 6 Hence the remaining 10 litres would be kerosene Now additional 4 litres of kerosene is added to the solution.
So total quantity of kerosene = 14 litres Ratio of oil:kerosene = 6/14 = 3/7
22. Find the value of (999 - 1)(999 - 2)........(999 - n). Where maximum number of digits in n is 3
A.5 B.3 C.0 D.1
Question 22 Explanation:
When n = 999, the entire product becomes zero
23. In a classroom the average height of all the boys was 170 cm. Rahim recently join the class which originally had 20 boys increased the average to 171cm. Then find the height of Rahim?.
A.190 B.185 C.191 D.181
Question 23 Explanation:
Before Rahim joined the total height of all the boys = 170 X 20 = 3400. New average = (Total height of all students + height of rahim)/21 = 180 Therefore (3400 + height of rahim)/21 = 171 Therefore height of Rahim = 3780 - 3400 = 191 cms
24. Find the sum of all terms in the series 1, 1/2,1/4 .....
A.3 B.2 C.5 D.4
Question 24 Explanation:
This is a GP with a = 1, and r = 1/2. Since r < 1 this is an infinite geometric series. Hence sum of all terms = a/(1 - r) = 1/(1 - 1/2) = 2
25. Consider the following series: 3, 4, 6, 9, 13, ____ What comes next?
A.15 B.16 C.17 D.18
Question 25 Explanation:
D (3+1=4; 4+2=6; 6+3=9; 9+4=13; 13+5=18)
26. Directions for questions 26 to 30: Select the alternative that logically follows from the two given statements. All scientists are fools. All fools are literates
A.All literates are scientists B.All scientists are literates C.No scientists are literates D.Both (a) and (b) are correct
27. No apple is an orange. All bananas are oranges.
A.All apples are oranges B.Some apples are oranges C.No apple is a banana D.None of the above
28. All pens are elephants. Some elephants are cats.
A.Some pens are cats B.No pens are cats C.All pens are cats D.None of the above
29. All shares are debentures.No debentures are deposits.
A.All shares are deposits B.Some shares are deposits C.No shares are deposits D.None of the above
30. Many fathers are brothers. All brothers are priests
A.No father is a priest B.Many fathers are not priests C.Many fathers are priests D.Both (b) and (c)
ABB Placement Paper Syllabus:
Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus:
- Permutations & Combinations
- Time Speed & Distance
- Time & Work
- Profit & Loss
- Ratio & Proportion
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Number Series
- Mixtures & Alligations
- Number System
- Heights and Distances
- Geometry & Mensuration
- Data Sufficiency
- LCM and HCL
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Boats and Streams
- Areas, Volumes
- Number Series
- Letter Series
- Binary Logic
- Clocks & Calendars
- Cubes & Dice
- Blood Relations
- Data Sufficiency
- Seating Arrangement
- Venn Diagrams
- Problem Solving
- Coded Inequalities
- Double Lineup
- Logical Deductions
- Routes & Networks
- Grouping & Selections
- Evaluating Course of Action
- Statements and Conclusions
- Mathematical and Computer Operations
- Critical Reasoning
- Situation Reaction Test
- Decision Making
- Symbols and Notations
- Direction Sense Test
- Logical Sequence Of Words
- Assertion and Reason
- Verification of Truth of the Statement
- Statements and Assumptions
- Data Interpretation
Verbal Ability Syllabus:
- Sentence Completion
- Spelling Test
- Passage Completion
- Sentence Arrangement
- Idioms and Phrases
- Para Completion
- Error Correction (Underlined Part)
- Fill in the blanks
- Active and Passive Voice
- Spotting Errors
- Sentence Improvement
- Joining Sentences
- Error Correction (Phrase in Bold)
- Identify the Errors
- Plural Forms
- Odd Words
- Identify the Sentences
- Sentence Pattern
- Tag Questions
Dear readers, the syllabus and ABB placement papers provided here are just for information purpose only. Sometimes companies may change their syllabus and exam pattern. So Please check official company website for the latest syllabus.
Share This Job Opening...!!